Serb and Croat genes

On that bases you know?

Sobre que basas tú eso?

There are a couple of reputable studies out. I'll find the references. Everything is an approximation, since the research has not been exactly scientific.

I can tell you with certainty that, for my town in Portugal, I have casually counted on several occasions at least 15 or so light haired (blond to light brown) people out of every 50. I've done research in social and economic anthropology there for a number of years.

I can't believe how defencive Iberians are against suggestion of small percentage of blonds in their countries.
So freakin what? Does the less percentage of blonds makes you less European?
Nobody is suggesting otherwise, not even Latinos. It's just in your heads.
Actually defending this, you are insinuating to all of us that this is a big deal for you! You suggesting that you want to be more blond. More blond in your eyes is more European.
Stop doing yourselves misservice, we like you for whatever you are, 10% or 100% blond, I don't give a squat.

Here it comes Miss "I know everything about iberians" with her disgusting generalizations and prejudices.

I can't believe how defencive Iberians are against suggestion of small percentage of blonds in their countries.
Actually defending this, you are insinuating to all of us that this is a big deal for you! You suggesting that you want to be more blond. More blond in your eyes is more European.
Stop doing yourselves misservice, we like you for whatever you are, 10% or 100% blond, I don't give a squat.

Personally, I don't give two spits. However, I do care about ACCURACY. Iberians are painted as people with no hair and / or eye color variance (bull-spit) which is what deranged intra-race racists want you to think.

Native origin Iberians are probably the most European of Europeans.

ACtually, Spaniards are one of the most paleolithic europeans (if not the most) and least neolithic. In other words, one of the most ancient Europeans.

I find this "purest european" discussion rubbish. Finns have a great percentage of siberian/uralic admixture (and are among the most "blond" people in the world, btw) and I do NOT consider them less european than myself or anyone else in Europe.

I find this "purest european" discussion rubbish. Finns have a great percentage of siberian/uralic admixture (and are among the most "blond" people in the world, btw) and I do NOT consider them less european than myself or anyone else in Europe.
Finns are very cro-magnon, that is european.

I believe that in Portugal and Spain the percentage of fair haired men
is much lower than 10%, I suppose 1 or 2%.
And the inhabitants of the Iberian Peninsula are absolutely not descendants
of the Upper Palaeolithic men of southwest Europe. They are mostly
pure mediterranians from Asia Minor.
In the Netherlands (north), northwest Germany and Jutland the purest
Upper Palaeolithic men can be found. See the fair and especially red
hair and blue eyes. For example red haired people are practically absent
in the Iberian Peninsula and East-Europe.

WOW...
Actually, for Spain blondism is about 20% , read my sources. Also, red-hair is found in 3%, which is about the average for Europe, about 4%.
Spain has very little of Neolithic for a european country (12%).

But then I come and say...aren't those who have the most Haplogroup I the oldest Europeans?:D
and who has the most haplogroup I...I ask you?:unsure::grin:

Yes, I think so, they are the Scandinavians, north Germans an Dutch.

So, where did you research your information? Are you a geneticist? Oh, let me guess, you have a degree in some type of alchemy :LOL: Grow up, already!

Naaaaahh...aren't we deliberately leaving someone out?:giggle::LOL:
We have a self proclaimed expert on genetics and anthropology. Hey, can this be Coon's reincarnation!?:LOL:
Please, let's all applaud the genetic alchemist... :rolleyes: Not, you Joro...:)

Thank you. This made my day. :LOL:

A Paleolithic and Neolithic basis of Iberian ancestry

[...], a similar 2007 study found that the most prominent genetic stratifications in Europe run from the north to the south-east [northern Europe to the Balkans], with another stratification running on an east-west axis across the continent. This latter study points to a strong Paleolithic element in the Iberian gene-pool, confirming earlier findings that Iberia holds the most ancient European ancestry. Despite these stratifications it noted the unusually high degree of European homogeneity: "there is low apparent diversity in Europe with the entire continent-wide samples only marginally more dispersed than single population samples elsewhere in the world."[4]

Indeed, the Paleolithic component in Iberian ancestry had already been ascertained by means of Y-chromosome and mtDNA analysis, a methodology which does not provide strong inferences on genetic population structure but is useful in tracing parts of the routes of migration in the populating of Europe. Both Y-chromosome haplogroups R1b and Mtdna haplogroup H, reach frequencies above 60% in most of Iberia, R1b peaking at 90% in the Basque region. [3] This shows the strong ancestral bond between Iberia and the rest of western Europe. It is thought that Northern Iberia was an Ice Age refuge at the end of the last glaciation 45,000 years ago from which human beings later colonized the rest of western Europe. [5] Y-chromosome and Mtdna analysis also points to pre-historic population movements into Iberia from North Africa, probably during the Capsian diffusion.

Autosomal studies using a small number of classical genetic markers, supported by more recent analysis of Microsatellite data, have not only lent support for a large Neolithic element in the European genome, but have also been the basis for the demic diffusion model from the near east. Broad gradients across Europe, largely on a South East/North West cline using a small number of classical genetic markers would thus link the populations of Western Europe (including Iberia) by a common "paleolithic" ancestry and those of eastern (and particularly south eastern) Europe by a common "neolithic" ancestry [6]
Nevertheless the demic diffusion model remains controversial, to the degree that studies of ancient Mtdna point to the total absence of Neolithic contribution to modern European populations.

Source

We have a self proclaimed expert on genetics and anthropology. Hey, can this be Coon's reincarnation!?:LOL:
Please, let's all applaud the genetic alchemist... :rolleyes: Not, you Joro...:)
Yes,I know,don't worry:giggle:

I think the parents these days should take more time for their kids.
They are too much on their own,spending too much time with grown ups business.:wary2:

WOW...
Actually, for Spain blondism is about 20% , read my sources. Also, red-hair is found in 3%, which is about the average for Europe, about 4%.
Spain has very little of Neolithic for a euroepan country (12%).
Actually, if you discount E (M-81), which is pre-Neolithic, in Spain you get 7% NEOLITHIC. Using the same method in Portugal you total 15.5% NEOLITHIC. GASP, I can't believe it! GASP, I can't believe there are more than a handful of light haired and red-haired Spaniards and Portuguese! My heavens, I must be on another planet! Please, someone help me.:LOL:

Last edited:
Actually, if you discount E (M-81), which is pre-Neolithic, in Spain you get 6% NEOLITHIC. Using the same method in Portugal you total 15.5% NEOLITHIC. GASP, I can't believe it! GASP, I can't believe there are more than a handful of light haired and red-haired Spaniards and Portuguese! My heavens, I must be on another planet! Please, someone help me.:LOL:
Yes, and Netherlands has about the same as Spain.

This thread has been viewed 190490 times.

Back