South Slavs are Indeed Slavs

stoningbull54

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I just got my Ancestry DNA results back and there are some interesting things I found out. My [COLOR=#009900 !important]friend[/COLOR] who is Russian took the same test so we could compare the results between myself (a Serb) and herself (a Russian). Ancestry uses autosomal SNPs as the base for population comparison as opposed to Y or Mt-DNA. Let's begin. First I will show you her Russian results:

- 97% [COLOR=#009900 !important]Eastern European[/COLOR]
- 3% [COLOR=#009900 !important]Baltic[/COLOR]

Now I will show you my Serbian results:

-62%
Eastern European
-30% Italian/Greek
-4% European Jew
-4% Caucasian

As you can see, based on the autosomal DNA comparison, I share a substantial portion of my DNA with the Russian sample. I am wondering whether it can be inferred from this result that Serbs like myself are 2/3 slavic and 1/3 indigenous [COLOR=#009900 !important]Balkan[/COLOR], making us [COLOR=#009900 !important]genetically[/COLOR] speaking a mostly slavic people.

Ancestry my results..

67% east European
18% Italy,Greece
8% Great Britain
3% West Asia
<1% South Asia, Iberian Peninsula, European Jewish, Ireland.

Genetic Community: South Slavs - connection very likely, 95% confidence.

Hello everyone! I just got my Ancestry DNA results back and there are some interesting things I found out. My [COLOR=#009900 !important]friend[/COLOR] who is Russian took the same test so we could compare the results between myself (a Serb) and herself (a Russian). Ancestry uses autosomal SNPs as the base for population comparison as opposed to Y or Mt-DNA. Let's begin. First I will show you her Russian results:

- 97% [COLOR=#009900 !important]Eastern European[/COLOR]
- 3% [COLOR=#009900 !important]Baltic[/COLOR]

Now I will show you my Serbian results:

-62%
Eastern European
-30% Italian/Greek
-4% European Jew
-4% Caucasian

As you can see, based on the autosomal DNA comparison, I share a substantial portion of my DNA with the Russian sample. I am wondering whether it can be inferred from this result that Serbs like myself are 2/3 slavic and 1/3 indigenous [COLOR=#009900 !important]Balkan[/COLOR], making us [COLOR=#009900 !important]genetically[/COLOR] speaking a mostly slavic people.
I would say so.. You clearly have 40% of your DNA Balkan origin. What I don't get is why are you asking the question? The results of your test show that you are half and half. Keep in mind that even indigenous Balkan populations score above 20% as Eastern European. So part of that 62% Eastern European could come from the Balkan populations rather than Slavic

I would say so.. You clearly have 40% of your DNA Balkan origin. What I don't get is why are you asking the question? The results of your test show that you are half and half. Keep in mind that even indigenous Balkan populations score above 20% as Eastern European. So part of that 62% Eastern European could come from the Balkan populations rather than Slavic

An Albanian friend of mine scores 0 east euro. All my tests(haven't tried ancestry myself) are 0 east euro and practically 95 to 100 southeast euro.

We're you the guy who did a video with his sister or brother on YouTube?

Sent from my KIW-L21 using Tapatalk

I have elevated genetic affinity to all South Slavs compared to Greeks and Albanians. Look at my affinity to Slovenians, it is extremely high (confirming my idea that Slovenians are the most genetically Slavic of all South Slavs):

http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/34142-Tool-for-K36-your-similarities-rates-on-maps

http://gen3553.pagesperso-orange.fr/ADN/similitude.htm

My results (I added color clines in GIMP):

VI8GXUM.png

I have elevated genetic affinity to all South Slavs compared to Greeks and Albanians. Look at my affinity to Slovenians, it is extremely high (confirming my idea that Slovenians are the most genetically Slavic of all South Slavs):

http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/34142-Tool-for-K36-your-similarities-rates-on-maps

http://gen3553.pagesperso-orange.fr/ADN/similitude.htm

My results (I added color clines in GIMP):

VI8GXUM.png

Hey Tomenable, could you possibly do that color pattern encompassing the high scoring areas on me and my father if I inbox my results to you?

If it's no trouble that is.

This thread has been viewed 6393 times.

Back