South versus North Korea.

Just see the difference between the two countries: luminosity data are a good proxy for the economic activity. The North has stayed in a hideous position, almost 70 years behind the South.

The role of America and the free-market system, has worked wonders for S. Korea, especially given that after the Korean war, S. Korea was so poor (it could be compared with some African countries). Indeed, a reversal of fortune.

This says a lot:
Light-pollution-Earth-map-VIRS-2016-Korea.jpg

a new misile being launched from Pyongyang, that is what I see

it reminds me when I visited Bucharest in 1995
Cheauchescu had built fountains on all the lanes leading to his new palace
but in order to have enough power to make the fountain pumps work, he had to cut of electricity from the whole quarter
I'll always remember how sad it looked

Mix indoctrination and fear for not only yourself but your whole family, and you get close to an explanation. How long did Stalin rule? How many millions of Russians did he kill?

Even on their way to execution or rotting in gulags good Russian communists believed and thought they must have done something wrong. The testimonies from that era make for very sad reading.

Plus, what about all the apologists who refused to acknowledge what had gone on?

"
Some people confessed when police interrogators threatened family members. Others hoped that by cooperating they would save themselves. Many confessed under beatings and torture, at first an unofficial means of gaining a confession. In 1937, Stalin made torture the official and usual method of getting confessions. Stalin reportedly ordered the secret police to "beat, beat, and beat again."Many caught up in the mass arrests invented "crimes" so that they could confess to something. Many admitted guilt without even knowing the charges. However, some top Communist Party officials arrested on orders from Stalin confessed for quite another reason. These members of the old generation of revolutionaries came to power with Lenin in 1917 and had such faith in the party that they refused to believe it could ever be wrong. In Arthur Koestler's novel, Darkness at Noon,the main character named Rubashov is falsely accused of plotting the assassination of "No. 1"(Stalin). Rubashov finally "confesses" after declaring, "I will do everything which may serve the Party." In the novel, he willingly took a bullet in the head after becoming convinced that he must be guilty because the party said so."
http://www.crf-usa.org/bill-of-rights-in-action/bria-7-4-a-the-stalin-purges-and-show-trials

lol you people are so brainwashed.

I'll mention both light and Kim family.

On the light pollution, many western countries, including the US, are replacing the old streets lamps with LED bulbs, which are longer lasting,and -ding-ding-ding - use less electricity/are less costly to operate. In the process, the new fixtures direct the light downward and there is less atmospheric light pollution. So the effort to save money allows for a better environment at no extra cost. I suppose that South Korea has not yet started its own efforts. (In the US, this is a local matter, not a federal on.)

EDIT here: In fairness to Kim, there is the possibility that the North Korean light bulbs have been converted to LED along with hyper-efficient uni-directional light fixtures so that little light escapes to the atmosphere. If so, then Kim should get an environmental award or prize. And a 'Bless his heart', from me. :heart:
Did you assume that if LED use electricity they produce also less light?

Mix indoctrination and fear for not only yourself but your whole family, and you get close to an explanation. How long did Stalin rule? How many millions of Russians did he kill?

Even on their way to execution or rotting in gulags good Russian communists believed and thought they must have done something wrong. The testimonies from that era make for very sad reading.

Plus, what about all the apologists who refused to acknowledge what had gone on?

"
Some people confessed when police interrogators threatened family members. Others hoped that by cooperating they would save themselves. Many confessed under beatings and torture, at first an unofficial means of gaining a confession. In 1937, Stalin made torture the official and usual method of getting confessions. Stalin reportedly ordered the secret police to "beat, beat, and beat again."Many caught up in the mass arrests invented "crimes" so that they could confess to something. Many admitted guilt without even knowing the charges. However, some top Communist Party officials arrested on orders from Stalin confessed for quite another reason. These members of the old generation of revolutionaries came to power with Lenin in 1917 and had such faith in the party that they refused to believe it could ever be wrong. In Arthur Koestler's novel, Darkness at Noon,the main character named Rubashov is falsely accused of plotting the assassination of "No. 1"(Stalin). Rubashov finally "confesses" after declaring, "I will do everything which may serve the Party." In the novel, he willingly took a bullet in the head after becoming convinced that he must be guilty because the party said so."
http://www.crf-usa.org/bill-of-rights-in-action/bria-7-4-a-the-stalin-purges-and-show-trials
As said as it is, it makes great psychology study.

lol you people are so brainwashed.
So why are you coming back here? Please go away and hide in the deepest crevices of your depressed Apsurdistan.

well we all laugh,

BUT CONSIDER THIS

north-korean-traffic-police-no-cars.jpg

How many we must pay to N Korea for less CO2 per population? (carbon dioxide) and rest global warming gass.
at West CO2 production licenses are played and bought at stock exchange,
How much we must pay them,
look at the roads, and the traffic police girl

I think it is called carbon dioxide emissions in English

fantastic job, at a fantastic country, with a fantastic girl, and fantastic cars (well if you don't see them, imagine them :grin:)
don't you think? and the advertisement is fantastic, although I agree to stop advertisements, at roads, especially with those who light at nigth
what it is advertising? :LOL: ARMY offcourse

I love these girls when they march/parade, they are just like dancing at a ballet
watch them at 32:40 they are fantastic, but i hope my wife not to be excited and force me walk like this.

but I hate that on 7:18, a flag should never bend to any leader, never, never,

Off topic, but I think the policegirl directing traffic is pretty cute!

Off topic, but I think the policegirl directing traffic is pretty cute!
Same here, and looking at rush hour traffic she won't be tired.

Same here, and looking at rush hour traffic she won't be tired.

Yeah the first thing that popped into my male mind when I saw that photo was "oooh look at her" lol.

Well, we have some experience of parades given that, most likely, you went to the Greek army.

I love these girls when they march/parade, they are just like dancing at a ballet
watch them at 32:40 they are fantastic, but i hope my wife not to be excited and force me walk like this.

Did you assume that if LED use electricity they produce also less light?
No. I made that clear. With the LED lamps come new fixtures. These fixtures are more directional, so that less light 'leaks' to the atmosphere. The bigger point again is that with the cost-saving move of replacing old lamps with the LEDs, society gets more eco-friendly light distribution.

well we all laugh,

BUT CONSIDER THIS

How many we must pay to N Korea for less CO2 per population? (carbon dioxide) and rest global warming gass.
at West CO2 production licenses are played and bought at stock exchange,
How much we must pay them,
look at the roads,...

I think it is called carbon dioxide emissions in English

but I hate that on 7:18, a flag should never bend to any leader, never, never,
Having businesses pay for exceeding limits such as carbon dioxide is called in the US, cap and trade, a concept which might in fact be adopted. i think it is a form of zero sum game such that if you do noit use your limit, you can sell the excess to one who has exceeded their own. The overall limit isn't exceeded. I think that is how it works. If North korea played nice, yes, it might benefit from this and be able to feed a few more horses for the parade.

The parade is political theater in a literal sense. Of course the women are dancing. Probably easiest way for them to get through the ordeal of 'marching' like that.

Flags are routinely dipped as a form of salute. This is not unusual, and is not another indication of the subservient nature of Kim's rule.

As to Kim and psychology, humans are wondrous in their ability to fantasize and accept their own subservience to a person, ideal, concept, etc. We are a more dangerous species than most know. Stalin killed millions, hitler killed millions, Pol Pot killed millions, Mao killed millions. There is no end to it. Each (perhaps excepting Stalin, who used communism theory to assemble power) had a 'higher goal', that gullible subordinates accepted as the reason to kill.

Well, we have some experience of parades given that, most likely, you went to the Greek army.

yes offcourse,
and I parade infront President at Ioannina and also at Larissa and Chalkida (32 TAΞΠ/Ν)
but Greek parade is only 2 things
preparation about 5 days to learn the 'ou' every second left feet
and effort quide check, not to do it as αγγαρεια boring task a chore.
simplicity,
nothing better than other days, except liitle more synchronicity and up the hand.

offcourse I am not talking about presidential guard, the ευζωνοι,
they are tottaly different, they are trained for such slow torture, but again much more simple, and painfully slow.

This thread has been viewed 23650 times.

Back