The Gay Marriage Controversy

How do you feel about gay marriage?

• I feel it is wrong and should be banned.

Votes: 62 26.1%
  • I feel homosexual couples should have the same rights as heterosexual couples.

Votes: 152 63.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 24 10.1%

• Total voters
TwistedMac said:
it's true that incest isn't synonymous with child abuse..
Nobody has said differently.
TwistedMac said:
in a parent/child incest relationship the daugher/son could very well be an adult and may even be the one that seduced his or her parent to start off with...
Care to put a percentage on that 'could very well' for a country of your choice?

From the set of parent/child incestual relationships what fraction are non-abusive and started when both parties were adult. 1%, 0.01%, ... I don't know, but I'd bet it's on that edge of the graph by a long way.

I have absolutely nothing against gay people, in fact I am perfectly fine about them telling me about who they dated. I am ok with them getting married. Equal Civil unions or marriage sounds acceptable. I do not think the church should tell the government what to do or vise versa. If gay marriage is against Christianity, then the church will simply refuse to preform them. If the church is willing to preform a homosexual marriage, than so be it. I hate how Conservatives want to get the government involved with religious and cultural affairs (especially since they say they are for smaller government, but clearly are not). Conservatives like to censor what they find "offensive" and punish who even made it. Stupid Religious Right Wingers are the reason teenage girls go to jail for having naked pictures of themselves. Either Bush and the religious right looses power or I am leaving the country. I am sick of Conservatives and their anti-homosexual, anti-everything attitudes. Religious-Right Wingers think they speak for every Christian in the world, however they are wrong. There are plenty of Christians who believe Social-Conservatives are a bunch of bigoted morons, which they are.
:p

why telling

Morfos said:
I have absolutely nothing against gay people, in fact I am perfectly fine about them telling me about who they dated. I am ok with them
:p
the funny part about it is that you have to ACTUALLY TELL everyone that you are ok with homosexual. Why speak about it ? Do you tell everybody that you aare actually OK and have nothing AGAINST hetero ?
Why make a difference netween them, since you seem to agree that ther shouold NOT BE ANY DIFFERENCE ?
On that point you are right : There is no difference.

TwistedMac said:
it's true that incest isn't synonymous with child abuse.. in a parent/child incest relationship the daugher/son could very well be an adult and may even be the one that seduced his or her parent to start off with...

on the topic of child abuse and rape however, i think most will agree it's just plain wrong and quite sickening...

so we all agree on that point. It's good to see there is some cohesion...lol

Rachel said:
Strike two for the good guys. :cool: :bravo: :yeahh: :cheer: :victory:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3716615.stm

Hi Rachel, I'll go along with you, too

tell them...

Lina Inverse said:
There's absolutely no sane reason to hinder gay or lesbians from marrying if they really want to.

yes, of course you are right. But some people have to be told again and again...

yimija said:
yes, of course you are right. But some people have to be told again and again...

and some of them still don't get it... some people are jsut too stubborn and/or they think they know better... :(

I Always Wonder What These...

Kama said:
and some of them still don't get it... some people are jsut too stubborn and/or they think they know better... :(

self rightous people will do if when they die, they find out the religious figure they worship is gay??

Frank

:?

stubborn

Kama said:

no, for most of them, they have just bee born and raised not to be open-minded andthe rest of them are too weak to have their own minds and cannot think.
Thea are just weaklings and we cannot blame them !!! LOL

Frank D. White said:
... they find out the religious figure they worship is gay??

Frank :?
We want names, Frank, please !!!!!!

Im starting to be ashamed of being Polish. First, in Krakow (Cracow), now in Warsaw there is a church organization which sends to PEOPLE'S MAILBOXES. They doesn't allow a peace march of gay and followers because it's one day after a church holiday (so what? XD) and because it's immoral (we gays are sodomists XD). The march will end before the parliament's building with petition to allow gay marriages. There will (probably) be "allpoland's teenagers" who last time threw stones into the marching people. They want to confront us with aggression. People from this group won't shake hands with gays. ==" Some days ago there was a politician who publicated over the net names and e-mail addresses of people who opposed his anti-gay politics.

Warsaw's president because of his OWN THOUGHTS banned the march. His decision was cancelled from the up. But he refused to allow the march for the second time. Till this year, nobody banned the march.

Everybody is shouting it's the end of family, we want to destroy a beautiful relationship between man and woman. And yes, they all say, we want to promote our lifestyle. Yes, yes... That's our plan!! :D We will agitate for sure "become gay, become les". And everybody will rush to become gay/les. XD

Some people say that they tolerate gays only when they are doing it inside and when they are not reminded outside that gays DO exist. Why can't I hug or kiss my love on the street? Why it's allowed for a boy to kiss a girl on the street?And why I can't kiss my girl? Why it's awful? Why I and my feelings are worse?

I think I will never understand people. I wish some ot these f... politicians tasted what is like to be hated by (almost) everyone, when in reality you haven't done anything wrong. The country (in the paper, as everything in Poland) is such a wonderful country... So what if we have european-union-standards law, when nobody respects them? So what if we ratificated Genevian convention if the politicians (not talking about normal people) didn't even bother to respect it? So what if we have "unreligious" country where in reality is dictated by the Church (one and the only one right)? How can people critcize muslim religious countries (theocracy) when it's in Poland (so what that not officially?)

I'm very proud to be Canadian. The melding of Church and State is also appalling in Ireland. Gay sex became legal in the Republic in 1991 I believe, but I don't know a single "out" person in the company of 300 people I work with. Dublin has one gay bar (we have a population of 1.2 million or so). After having lived in Toronto and Boston, I am outraged at the impact that Catholicism has had here (and how little progress has been made in the realm of recognition of homosexuality and bisexuality).

Gay wedding

I just learnt that this morning in France the 1st Gay wedding happened(a few hours ago).
So, I 'd like to know what people think about it?
Is it a bad thing or a new step toward more tolerance?

oops sorry^^
then feel free to either move or delete this thread :D

I'll just merge it.

dreamer said:
I just learnt that this morning in France the 1st Gay wedding happened(a few hours ago).
So, I 'd like to know what people think about it?
Is it a bad thing or a new step toward more tolerance?
Well, if it makes them happy... why shouldn't they be allowed to do it?

Dunno it's because of the church I guess...

IMO, In terms of tolerance I blieve it is a step. True in the church its not meant to be done for a man/man-female/female relationship but "god loves all" dosen't he :? Like so many other things from the past that changed this is just another one. Its all well and all to have faith in the church to pick the best point of view for some people but we all know in some places the churc is just as wrong. So it all depends on the person. And I for one knows it make some people[my two best friends: Lesbians] happy to be married[Soon]. Both know it may be wrong, but love is all it takes it seems---Just like god. :)

If god really loves everyone, then how do you explain the church position toward gay marriage?

dreamer said:
Dunno it's because of the church I guess...

Makes you wonder when the church started to dictate everything.

I follow my own religion...hence the name. :D

This thread has been viewed 384959 times.

Back