Genetic study The origin and legacy of the Etruscans through a 2000-year archeogenomic time transec

It now seems increasingly evident that there is some truth in the Italo-Celtic theory. In the Etruscans, the Steppe component was most likely brought in by human groups, starting with the Bell Beaker culture, who linguistically will have spoken one (or more than one) of these languages

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italo-Celtic

they are the only people noted in the area prior to the celtic invasion from modern germany of 1000BC ( halstatt culture phase one )

There are no genuine illyrians, there are many tribes living in an area ..................illyrian is a geographical term ........................the term is like Scandinavian

SO it's legid to say Liburnians are different from other labelled "Illyrian" tribes.
For Hallstatt, I don't know if it was tied at first to Celtic tribes. I don't know of (Celtic?) moves from today Germany into Austria about 1000 BC - It seems Celtic settlements of this period were not too distinct of the general Urnfield type? Hallstatt is rather an eastern phenomenon in origin, and it seems Celts received more than they gave in the first phases. In Celtic Southern Germany some centuries later in full Hallstatt sepultures show a new pop intruded among the Celtic elite, showing physical ties with elements in pop's allover eastern Austria, Moravia, Silesia, Hungary, and northern Yugoslavia (Slavonia, Criatia). Who were these people and where from? The genuine Illyrians? Others? Uneasy to answer.

SO it's legid to say Liburnians are different from other labelled "Illyrian" tribes.
For Hallstatt, I don't know if it was tied at first to Celtic tribes. I don't know of (Celtic?) moves from today Germany into Austria about 1000 BC - It seems Celtic settlements of this period were not too distinct of the general Urnfield type? Hallstatt is rather an eastern phenomenon in origin, and it seems Celts received more than they gave in the first phases. In Celtic Southern Germany some centuries later in full Hallstatt sepultures show a new pop intruded among the Celtic elite, showing physical ties with elements in pop's allover eastern Austria, Moravia, Silesia, Hungary, and northern Yugoslavia (Slavonia, Criatia). Who were these people and where from? The genuine Illyrians? Others? Uneasy to answer.

my point is that the term Illyrian is equal to the term Scandinavian ...................a name for people/tribes from an area and nothing else ( and not one tribe that split into many tribes )

Halstatt phase one is in Noricum ( east austria ) from 1000BC to 800BC

it has nothing to do with Halstatt phase 2
or
neither with the Swiss based La Tene celtic culture which began in 450BC in switzerland

@Torzio
OK but you spoke of Celtic moves from S-Germany into Austria around 1000 BC. I'm lost. Or they setlted only in W-Austria?

@Torzio
OK but you spoke of Celtic moves from S-Germany into Austria around 1000 BC. I'm lost. Or they setlted only in W-Austria?

Halstatt celts became the balkan celts ...................one group heading to the black sea..............another group heading to Anatolia and settling there ( IIRC Galatia )......................another group eventually going on their invasion of Delphi Greece ( a failed Invasion ) and resettling in modern Serbia.

the celts settled into Noricum ( east-austria) mixing with and absorbing the Illyrian tribes there and eventually creating modern Vienna. Port of Vienna was already created by the Illyrians as per Unesco Archeology papers.

I cannot see any association of la tene celts and halstatt celts ....especially since they are more than 500 years apart in time ..................I think there are many different ethnic celtic groups

@Moesan

One of the only areas I see Halstatt and La Tene mixing was in the continuation of the town of Glauberg near modern Frankfurt in central Germany.

Galuberg was also settled by the late Bronze Age Urnfield culture (1,000–800 BC). During the Celtic late Hallstatt/early La Tène period, the Glauberg became a centre of supra-regional importance. At this time, it was the seat of an early Celtic prince.

Halstatt celts became the balkan celts ...................one group heading to the black sea..............another group heading to Anatolia and settling there ( IIRC Galatia )......................another group eventually going on their invasion of Delphi Greece ( a failed Invasion ) and resettling in modern Serbia.

the celts settled into Noricum ( east-austria) mixing with and absorbing the Illyrian tribes there and eventually creating modern Vienna. Port of Vienna was already created by the Illyrians as per Unesco Archeology papers.

I cannot see any association of la tene celts and halstatt celts ....especially since they are more than 500 years apart in time ..................I think there are many different ethnic celtic groups

You don't answer my very qestion: I speak of 1000/800 BC concerning one of your affirmations - Celts are attested in Noricum very later if I don't mistake...

You don't answer my very qestion: I speak of 1000/800 BC concerning one of your affirmations - Celts are attested in Noricum very later if I don't mistake...

what do you mean my very later ..............700BC ? or older 1200BC

around 400/300 BC

This thread has been viewed 131404 times.

Back