Religion What's your religion ?

What is your religion or belief system ? (read below before voting)

• Protestant Christianity

Votes: 20 9.2%
  • Catholic Christianity

Votes: 24 11.0%
  • Other forms of Christianity

Votes: 19 8.7%
  • Islam

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • Judaism

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Deism (god creator only)

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Agnosticism (humans cannot know if god exist)

Votes: 18 8.3%
  • Atheism (Universe=Reality, but no God) - including non-religious Buddhism

Votes: 47 21.6%
  • Mahayana Buddhism (with deities)

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Hinduism

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Sikhism

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Animism (including Shinto)

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Pantheism (God=Universe=Reality)

Votes: 9 4.1%
  • Other (non listed, please specify)

Votes: 23 10.6%
  • No religion or spiritual beliefs

Votes: 28 12.8%

• Total voters
I am curious that why that polls didn't have Taoism and Confuciusm? Why? Are these aren't religious?

emperor said:
I am curious that why that polls didn't have Taoism and Confucianism? Why? Are these aren't religious?

No, these aren't religion, but philosophies. In the same way in Europe, there are epicurianism, stoicism, rationalism, idealism, existentialism, etc. Not religion, eventhough they may be as important in the way someone choose to live.

I checked animism, cause it's the closest to my "religion". Even thought I was born in catholic home, I don't see myself as such. I don't agree with their "system"... XD

Maciamo said:
No, these aren't religion, but philosophies. In the same way in Europe, there are epicurianism, stoicism, rationalism, idealism, existentialism, etc. Not religion, eventhough they may be as important in the way someone choose to live.

Taoism is similar to Buddhism, so if it isnt a religion than neither is Buddhism. =P

i'm Catholic...

Had a roman-catholic upbringing (without being too extreme), and gradually disliked it more and more all the time.
I'm considering myself now an Atheist since quite some time already :cool:

Isn't the Catholic Church the richest "corporation" on this planet because of all the land they own throughout the world which is worth trillions?

I have my own beliefs but if I have to pick a religion then I pick Buddhism which is closest but it's still off

Protestant Christian is what I am in faith.

Faith is the only anwser that I have.

Hello :wave:

I'm Pagan :happy: . I don't restrict myself to any one branch of paganism....so I therefore fall under the "Ecletic Pagan" banner/branch/path.

I am a protestant, Presbyterian denomination Christian. I know that I am a Christian for sure, because God has put many miracles into my life and I am certian of my salvation. Sadly, I am not the best example of a Christian.

I am celebrating my recent conversion to Taoism... which is a religion because I say so. Hah!

I think you have to find god your-self. Not thorught religion, however i was brought up as a christian, and brought up to respect everyones religion, and thats what i do.
Im not active religiously, but i certainly believe in god.

ammmmmmm

i put islam .....

arch i don't with u

because i think u must have religion to deal with ur life

and make the rules from it

thanx

sweet said:
ammmmmmm

i put islam .....

arch i don't with u

because i think u must have religion to deal with ur life

and make the rules from it

thanx

you may be right sweet, i dont know really to know what to believe in religion, all i believe in , is that they is a higher force at work.

Gaki said:
What is Satanist ideology ?

Depends on who you ask.

Most people follow LeVey's belief system, but I think that for the most part, thats a bunch of bull. The system is plagued with pompous arrogant, unfounded beliefs, seemingly just to stroke the ego of the anti-Christian, and shelter the believer in a safehouse of sorts. Its a waste.

My ideology of Satanism is defiance. The ideology of one of the most blessed angels, Satan, being cast aside merely because of the newborn creation, man, by a materialistic, tyrannical overlord, G*d, is quite the novel idea. Satan defied G*d, when he told Satan, the one time apple in the eye of the Lord, to bow down before the new creation, and I find that ideology incredibly attractive. G*d looked over the angels in favor of the new creation. What happens when G*d creates something else? My guess is humans will take second place, in favor of the newer beings, just as he did with the angels. Its unfair, and Satan rebelled against that.

The rebellion and defiance of an unjust overseer is what attracts me to the belief system, and its that rebellion that lets me be strong in my everyday battles. I think its a nice little cushiony system of beliefs for a person like me in the life I live.

I'm also a flagship of clearing up the confusion of Lucifer and Satan. Lucifer did not become Satan when he was cast out, Lucifer is his own angel. Lucifer's name translates as 'son of light', and the reason Lucifer was banned from heaven, was because of G*d's mistake. He mistakingly made Lucifer as smart, powerful, and divine as himself. Lucifer is more or less the exact image and reflection of the G*d before him, and because of the Lord's little di-er...oversized ego, he banned him. Funny thing though, Lucifer still retains his power in heaven, and influence over Micheal, and the other arch angels. If ever the battle of Armageddon did come, Lucifer would be the Supreme Allied Commander in the army of the angels. The thing is, Lucifer has no interest in G*d's heaven, and has since *according to the stories and legends, mind you* created his own cosmos, and basically has a whole new life that nobody talks about.

Winter said:
Depends on who you ask.

Most people follow LeVey's belief system, but I think that for the most part, thats a bunch of bull. The system is plagued with pompous arrogant, unfounded beliefs, seemingly just to stroke the ego of the anti-Christian, and shelter the believer in a safehouse of sorts. Its a waste.

My ideology of Satanism is defiance. The ideology of one of the most blessed angels, Satan, being cast aside merely because of the newborn creation, man, by a materialistic, tyrannical overlord, G*d, is quite the novel idea. Satan defied G*d, when he told Satan, the one time apple in the eye of the Lord, to bow down before the new creation, and I find that ideology incredibly attractive. G*d looked over the angels in favor of the new creation. What happens when G*d creates something else? My guess is humans will take second place, in favor of the newer beings, just as he did with the angels. Its unfair, and Satan rebelled against that.

The rebellion and defiance of an unjust overseer is what attracts me to the belief system, and its that rebellion that lets me be strong in my everyday battles. I think its a nice little cushiony system of beliefs for a person like me in the life I live.

I'm also a flagship of clearing up the confusion of Lucifer and Satan. Lucifer did not become Satan when he was cast out, Lucifer is his own angel. Lucifer's name translates as 'son of light', and the reason Lucifer was banned from heaven, was because of G*d's mistake. He mistakingly made Lucifer as smart, powerful, and divine as himself. Lucifer is more or less the exact image and reflection of the G*d before him, and because of the Lord's little di-er...oversized ego, he banned him. Funny thing though, Lucifer still retains his power in heaven, and influence over Micheal, and the other arch angels. If ever the battle of Armageddon did come, Lucifer would be the Supreme Allied Commander in the army of the angels. The thing is, Lucifer has no interest in G*d's heaven, and has since *according to the stories and legends, mind you* created his own cosmos, and basically has a whole new life that nobody talks about.

That is interesting, thanks for clearing some of the Satanism stuff up for me. I have always know that Satanism (not LeVeyan) is more than just some stupid kid trying to be "extreme" and "scare people" and stuff. Can you point us to some resources on the version of Satanism you speak of?

Protestant Christianity is mine.. I'm not really big on Religion anyway though..

I'm an atheist and I believe that God doesn't exist and neither does Santa Claus, ghosts, the tooth fairy, or aliens that come down to earth to abduct people. Basically, anything unscientific. Except for leprechauns, they do exist. Especially when I forget to take my pills...

This thread has been viewed 13400 times.

Back