Who are the most aggressive Nation?

I did take a peek back at this thread. So, so much for promises.:)

I just want to apologize if I offended any of the posters in this thread. That wasn't my intent. I had just read some other threads, and had even been led by a music site to a horrible sort of nordicist racist site, and I'm afraid my annoyance spilled over here a little.
Present company on this thread was, of course, excepted!

Now that is really interesting! After heaving read this I did some research, and I didn't know that Old Prussians actually still do exist and identify themselves as Prussians. :petrified:

Nevertheless, there have been recorded uprisings against the Teutonic Knights, in which an estimated number of about 50% of the population got killed. So the crime remains!

The extirpation of the Prussians is indeed a sad chapter. It is simliar to what happened in the US to the Natives.
The actions of the Teutonic Knights, although couched in the language of the crusaders, were a prime example of intentional expansion. I will always be willing to admit to all sorts of complicating and mitigating factors, so this should not taken to be an indictment of the Teutonic Order. The order sort of defined itself in the end when the last Headmaster became a Lutheran, dissolved the order, made himself a Duke of the domains, and accepted vassalage under the Polish King.

I did take a peek back at this thread. So, so much for promises.:)

I just want to apologize if I offended any of the posters in this thread. That wasn't my intent. I had just read some other threads, and had even been led by a music site to a horrible sort of nordicist racist site, and I'm afraid my annoyance spilled over here a little.
Present company on this thread was, of course, excepted!

Don't worry! I don't think anybody felt personally offended by you. Take it easy! (y)

This thread has been viewed 78864 times.

Back