Why are Hungarians more creative and innovative in science than Western Great Powers?

Angela, there is no need to go anti-Hungarian because of one *****, as it might eventually be his true goal.
Ban should be the right action here.

Arvistro, I am far from being anti-Hungarian. I am sorry if that was the impression that I conveyed.

I am anti the kind of jingoistic, racist, clap trap that seems to be flooding this site, clap trap posted by people who seem to be predominantly from countries that were once part of the Soviet bloc.

I am going under the assumption, until it is proven otherwise, that the majority of the people in those countries are civilized, intelligent people who are ashamed of some of the darker periods of their past history. It certainly applies to me when considering the past history of my own people.

Stears: Hungary was the only country which did not allowed the transportation of Jews until it was occupied by the German Army.
Hungarian state was a victim of Hiter.

Anyone who has ever picked up a college level textbook of European history would know that Hungary allied itself to Germany. Of course, so did Italy.

Anyone who knows anything about the Holocaust or Italian history would know that no Jews were deported from Italy to the death camps until Italy renounced its alliance with Germany and was occupied.

This is not a thread about Italian history, so I will not go into great depth, but deliberate misstatements cannot be allowed to stand. I am NOT an apologist for Mussolini. Hanging was too good for him. I am deeply ashamed that Fascism was created by an Italian. I am also ashamed that Italy adopted anti-semitic laws in the 1930s.

However, anti-semitism was NOT part of Fascism as originally constituted. Indeed, many prominent supporters of Fascism in the early days were Italian Jews. The anti-Semitic laws were adopted largely under pressure from Germany, where anti-semitism had been grafted onto Fascism.

As to Italian participation in the planning or execution of the Holocaust, your implications are laughable. As Nazis themselves are quoted as saying, they couldn't include the Italians in any of it because the Italians would never have stomached it.

For anyone actually interested in the subject, this is an excellent summary from the Holocaust Encyclopedia, whose authors, I think, would have no reason to whitewash the Italians. Indeed, I have made a lifelong study of that period in Italian history and I would argue with some of their conclusions. Regardless it is a good beginning. See:

http://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php?ModuleId=10005455
There is a bibliography. I have read all the books and can heartily recommend them.

You may also not be aware of the fact that Italy was engaged in a virtual civil war during much of the period in question. Many Italians were butchered for opposing the activities of the SS, Gestapo and even the regular German Army. One of them, a distant relative who bore my mother's surname, died in Natzweiler-Struthof. Other relatives, often women and children, were killed at various places all over my valley. So, I find your insinuations personally insulting.

Ed. It is a sad fact that some Italian Jews, embittered by what we did do, left Italy after the war. We are the poorer for it. However, a good number remained, including Primo Levi, one of our Nobel Prize laureates in literature, and Rita Levi-Montalcini, one of our Nobel Laureates in science. She was also named a Senator for Life by the Italian government. The Luzzatis, the Segres and others continue to make their invaluable contributions to Italian culture.

It appears that not only is it a jingoistic site, it is also a racist site of the worst kind, many of whose members have been arrested in multiple countries. Are you implying that our batch of new posters are from that disgusting venue?

Well, that certainly would explain a lot, wouldn't it?

Members might not be aware of it, but that site is blocked by network administrators in libraries, schools, businesses etc. I assure you that American agencies, along with the European ones, monitor the posts and the posters there and follow their internet trail.

Should these people post here, I'm sure it will also draw scrutiny and be blocked more and more as well. Then, good by to the day when researchers would occasionally post.

Just great.

No, no, I'm saying quite different. Based upon my knowledge of the nationalistic behavior, I don't think Stears555 is a Hungarian nationalist. I think he is pretending to be Hungarian. No Hungarian would make claims that are so unbelievable, as we have heard from him in last couple of days.

No, no, I'm saying quite different. Based upon my knowledge of the nationalistic behavior, I don't think Stears555 is a Hungarian nationalist. I think he is pretending to be Hungarian. No Hungarian would make claims that are so unbelievable, as we have heard from him in last couple of days.

Please , complain at the Nobel committee and by the Olympic committee, that Hungarians are too successful, please revoke some awards from them:))))

Looks like, the super race, Hungarians can't figure out how economy works. How to have good vibrant economy and prosperous modern country.
Perhaps they've kicked out too many Jews?

Please , complain at the Nobel committee and by the Olympic committee, that Hungarians are too successful, please revoke some awards from them:))))

Great for Hungarians, but what's that got to do with you?

Angela, there is no need to go anti-Hungarian because of one *****, as it might eventually be his true goal.
Ban should be the right action here.

And he is not ethnic Hungarian and hides behind Hungarian flag.

This thread has been viewed 40451 times.

Back