Religion why are not u a muslim?

Status
Not open for further replies.
InnerVision said:
But Dear i never said i know everything about Allah which indeed is Impossible .

Now you're contradicting yourself.

InnerVision said:
So, one must know everything regarding Allah ( which is only possible by comprehending the Message of Qu'ran & sunnah) before he/she talks about 'why not are u muslim .....??' as without knowing Allah this question & any answer to it would be out of line.

And by you're talking about it, doesn't that mean that you're implicitly saying that you know everything about Allah? Or are you perhaps saying that your answers are out of line?

InnerVision said:
What i meant (should have typed it in the first Place though ..)to say was one must try to know him (this is the basis of the test we are all going through ...i'm no exception at all ...)....

That would have made more sense.

InnerVision said:
..what we need is a Sincere thinking towards these signs & then Praise His Greatness...

What if we already had a sincere thinking towards these things and don't see it the way you see it? We also need a sincere thinking towards what we type, by the way.

InnerVision said:
see i have apologized for that ... i was editting when i came back & saw your thiss post ....

Yes, I saw that. But I was responding before you edited it. Anyway, as you can see, I have responded to the edit.

Glenn said:
And by you're talking about it, doesn't that mean that you're implicitly saying that you know everything about Allah?
Or are you perhaps saying that your answers are out of line?

Well Good point ....!!!
no doubt human mind is Given intelect & will but still it is under control of The All_Mighty ...... Therfore ..I'm (As Ordinary Human __) yet unable to reach Him ...... But there are some people among us who actcually are really Close to him. But the Road They chose is too difficult for me as there are many roads to God ..... some reach him via Love ......Some via seeing failure of their Plans ...Some via win & some via defeat ..... but none of them can explain to the people at Large that they have reached the Destination. The road which i took __facilitated with faith ___ is Science which can be explained to the Believers with ease & to un-believers if they wish .......

So, the Difference which i found between me & an un-believer ( no doubt both of us try to solve the mystries as its in our instinct & this should be utilized to find out the Real truth ...) is that i at least know where to move so i know everything about the Path which i should take ......on the other hand .....an un-beliver will always live his life to die & thus purpose will nnot be fullfilled ....... & Now you would say that why i have to tell the Path to everyone .........ain't it ..?? Well ....the answer is really simple ..its my duty.

& thus my answers were not out of line as i knew it very well that all of you who join such discussion forums actually have an instinct of looking for truth by their own thinking ...& this is where i was inviting you throughout my replies.

What if we already had a sincere thinking towards these things and don't see it the way you see it?

Well ..then i would like such person to share it with me .... if its Sincere .. it would be totally compatible with the Religion & with my thinking Pattern ..& iwill not hesitate to agree.

We also need a sincere thinking towards what we type, by the way.

Lol .... i'm reallly bad at it i know.

an un-beliver will always live his life to die & thus purpose will nnot be fullfilled
We will live our lives to die ? Erm wake up, everybody dies eventually, you are no exception to that ;)

hahahhaha ..... yeah ..i will but i want to do some good ( ..that is always in this Life in quest to know more ..... ) before entering the Phase of Death ....( but people here don't think i'm doing any good .... :( ) anyways .....

InnerVision said:
that is always in this Life in quest to know more
I myself am trying to know more, but I don't believe in god or the likes...I don't think being religious will do any good in finding the answers you need.Religious people think that they can get all the questions trough believing or religion, but they choose it willingly, or are being brought up to believe what they were told. And that's what I think is wrong, noone should be forced to believe what they have been told, u have to find your own truth, your own way of life, else you'll be as the rest, it's the own way of thinking that makes one special afterall.just my 2 cent.

I am still not a muslim.

whatever you think of this .... but honestly speaking i envy your quest ...... Read somewhere that at the age 40 (precisely .. :) ) people look for the hidden meanings of things ...... Don't know exactly but it seems like you are one of them trying to know why muslim ? Why not without being a muslim ..?? ....Simply Great.

40 is a very good age. The hidden meaning of things does intrigue me. My quest now is to see people far from God get closer and one day cross the line of faith. This includes muslims. I struggle to understand your faith, to see what you draw from it. And ultimately to see how I can help you (and others)become a Christian.

I have come to the conclusion that arguing points of dogma, doctrine, evolution, escatology, and tradition are generally useless. Arguing anything tends to be counter productive. I can however tell you what my savior had done for me and what He can do for you.

Keep up the good fight.

40 is a very good age. The hidden meaning of things does intrigue me. My quest now is to see people far from God get closer and one day cross the line of faith. This includes muslims. I struggle to understand your faith, to see what you draw from it. And ultimately to see how I can help you (and others)become a Christian.

I have come to the conclusion that arguing points of dogma, doctrine, evolution, escatology, and tradition are generally useless. Arguing anything tends to be counter productive. I can however tell you what my savior had done for me and what He can do for you.

hahaha ... So, your hidden Intentions had always been Preaching ... ??Now i got to know why were you repeating the same line again & again .....

(Now Sabro .. on your initiation , i'm going to discuss things totally based on Faith.
Atheists are requested not to respond to the following .. ..thanks)

Hazrat Issa (AS) ...(jESUS cHRIST ) is just a Messenger of Allah whoes duty is yet not over as he has to Come back as he never died before & We (Muslims )are waiting for him as he will kill the antichrist (Dajjal) & We respect him from the core of our hearts.He was the Second Last (in order of being a Messenger) & the Last were Hazrat Muhammad (Saw) & the Purpose of these two was same as of all the Prophets ,to guide the People to the right path. .....Allah is one__All_Mighty , All_knowing & All_Wise . He doesn't need any son.... Simple .....Thats it.

btw , just for the record , i read the bible when i was 12 yrs old just by chance , not knowing that it was bible(..as we are not allowed to read it until & unless we read the Qu'ran thoroughly ..)
At that time i was reciting Qu'ran in Arabic ,that is , not knowing what is the Message .... & then i started reading Urdu (my Language) translation of Qu'ran .... & everything became Crystal Clear ...... its a Complete Book ...& is applicable to every moment in time , until the end .& i found out that its the Book for every single human living on earth today. So, my dear Sabro , i'm not in need of any guidance from the past editions ,on the other hand , you should read Qu'ran thouroughly & help yourself in this Study through sunnah.It will be of great help to you in this quest .

I never try to preach anyone as i 'm used to think that Human Mind has gained so much intelligence to decide all by his own ( ..just as RockLee said ...) .What i'm doing here is an Invitation to an aspect which has been hidden from the eyes of many of you i.e. Signs of God (i thought so ....) & as far as Faith is concerned ..... it can never Develop via these arguements especially among those who blindly folow a hypothesis which has failed i.e. Darwinism.

The forum has hit a new low....

Counterpoints from the recent to old...

1- [InnerVision] it can never Develop via these arguements especially among those who blindly folow a hypothesis which has failed i.e. Darwinism.
--> Darwinism succeeds everyday. Just go on FARK.com and check for a newslabel with someone killing themselves in the most ungratifying ways.

2- [sabro] I can however tell you what my savior had done for me and what He can do for you.
--> Your presumption is insulting due to the fact that you can't even touch, much less videotape this "savior". It's like capitalizing Void when you refer to something you wish to share with others that has no basis in reality.... excuse the pun, but 100 % without meaning, just like a void.

3- [Glenn] What if we already had a sincere thinking towards these things and don't see it the way you see it? We also need a sincere thinking towards what we type, by the way.
--> 24k solid gold. While you (as is everyone else) as a total person are not 100 % beyond reproach, THAT sure is. Good post.

4- [sabro] If everyone would just agree that I am right, then there would be no conflict and no confusion.
Find the plug that links your computer to the power grid. Pull.

As kirei_na_me and RockLee and others have mentionned, this thread is housing a crapload of posts that could be considered hate speech in a mutually tolerant society like Canada. Or any other civilized place in realspace or cyberspace. This thread lost its meaning. And its original intent was prosetylyzing.... well, that or brown-nosing "islam #1" in our faces.

Debates on shaving your pubes have more to do with Japan than this.

Kintaro said:

Counterpoints from the recent to old...

1- [InnerVision] it can never Develop via these arguements especially among those who blindly folow a hypothesis which has failed i.e. Darwinism.
--> Darwinism succeeds everyday. Just go on FARK.com and check for a newslabel with someone killing themselves in the most ungratifying ways.

2- [sabro] I can however tell you what my savior had done for me and what He can do for you.
--> Your presumption is insulting due to the fact that you can't even touch, much less videotape this "savior". It's like capitalizing Void when you refer to something you wish to share with others that has no basis in reality.... excuse the pun, but 100 % without meaning, just like a void.

3- [Glenn] What if we already had a sincere thinking towards these things and don't see it the way you see it? We also need a sincere thinking towards what we type, by the way.
--> 24k solid gold. While you (as is everyone else) as a total person are not 100 % beyond reproach, THAT sure is. Good post.

4- [sabro] If everyone would just agree that I am right, then there would be no conflict and no confusion.
Find the plug that links your computer to the power grid. Pull.

As kirei_na_me and RockLee and others have mentionned, this thread is housing a crapload of posts that could be considered hate speech in a mutually tolerant society like Canada. Or any other civilized place in realspace or cyberspace. This thread lost its meaning. And its original intent was prosetylyzing.... well, that or brown-nosing "islam #1" in our faces.

Finally somebody understands :cool: ,that's why I think this topic should be closed,it's like washing your clothes with mud...never gets clean... :souka:

Ok I've tried to ignore this thread for a really really long time, but it's getting the better of me.

Inner_Vision, the kind of Islam that you advocate, that rejects science and other areas of study is a perfect example of how the interpretation of Islam has radicalised during the past centuries. At the peak of the Islamic Empire, in Baghdad, the intellectual capital of this empire, there was such a thing called as the house of wisdom. There islamic intellectuals gathered and embraced greek culture, Plato and Aristotle( whom were shunned away by the christians in Europe as blasfamus writers), Hindu mathematics, Persian culture, and developed during these times Math, Trigonometry, Astronomy, Medicine, even catarac operations. Now how could that be possible if these guys were thinking as you do? Discarting Darwinism for example. For them, they saw no problem in embracing Plato and Aristotle even though they were muslims and followed the Kuran and the beleif in Allah. This tells me, that Islam had an inquisitive eye, yes believing in God and his teachings, but also understanding the laws of Nature, how the world works, how the world that their god made, works. Whereas in Europe, they burned ppl like Gallileo for saying that the earth revolves around the sun. U are trying to convince us to let go of our own formed beleifs, trying to discart our opions that are based on scientific facts, so that we can blindly embrace god ? That is never going to work. If you want ppl to open their eyes to Islam, or to any other religion, your line of argument should go something like there is a lot out in the world that humans have figured out, but in order to complement our ignorance we have to get closer to god so that we can realize how his presence and almighty watever has made our world work in this this and this way. I mean to me this seems a more compelling argument. Also, another problem with Islam, it has failed to contemporise. Unlike the christian religions, Islam is still being interpreted as in the old ways, this is bound to create conflicts and troulbes for the practioners in this modern world. A second problem, Islam is not centralised. Who am I supposed to beleive on which is the correct Interpretation. Should I be a sunni or shiite. Should I beleive in sacrificing myself so that I can go to heaven and have 77 or 7 virgins, which due to some translation error, may in fact be raisins. Should I make my wife wear a veil or not?
Or should I just find my own interpreation ? I beleive this last option is more attractive to the people of the world today. Find your own answer, by acknowledging the presence of a higher being in your life, God. If you would have come here and began your agument in such a manner, maybe someone would have been influenced, not me, I have deep agnostic/atheistic roots that have spoiled me forever. But instead you posted some huge exerpts from some lady and highliting in red Allaha nd Quran, which is sure to shun ppl away, and discarted ppl's views, and didn't try to incorporate them or at least try to find sm compromise.

Well anyways, just my thoughts on the topic, I don't mean to offend anyone by my words. I beleive I didn't insult anyone or their belifs, just makin an argument based on my observations. So yea, hmmm, have fun and all.

Good post, Duo!

Duo said:
Islam had an inquisitive eye, yes believing in God and his teachings, but also understanding the laws of Nature, how the world works, how the world that their god made, works. Whereas in Europe, they burned ppl like Gallileo for saying that the earth revolves around the sun.
Luckily, Galileo himself was not burned, but, yeah, they killed some other scientists. At the times of Galileo things had already started to change in Europe. After the Reconquista of Spain, Europe rediscovered the classic teachings & began its way to modernity (with some heavy setbacks, but yet). This was partly done with the help of Islamic scientists, in Spain there was a time when Christian, Jewish & Islamic scientists even worked together (before some Christians decided to get rid of the others). Up to the 15th/16th century, Islamic science was way ahead of Christian Europe.

Unlike the christian religions, Islam is still being interpreted as in the old ways, this is bound to create conflicts and troulbes for the practioners in this modern world.
That doesn't go for all Christian religions. AFAIK, the RC church has acknowledged that religion is part of the humanities & cannot disprove natural science. There are a lot of (mainly protestant) denominations, though, which have a backwards orientation. These denominations seem to have the most influence in the US.

Just yesterday there was a German newspaper article with the results of some surveys. In the US 45% of people believe that the Christian god created mankind less than 10,000 years ago, 37 % believe that this god started evolution to create humans, only 12 % (!) do not believe in any divine interference.
In Germany, 46 % do not believe in godly influence on evolution, in Austria 41 %, in Switzerland only 33 % (well, the Suiss are a bit strange, anyway).

A second problem, Islam is not centralised.
Same goes for Christianity. I think, it's even worse than in Islam.
But this is also positive, because it shows that you can't paint all Muslims with the same brush. There are moderates & fundamentalists, just like in Christianity.

@ gallileo
Hmmm I alawys had the impression he was burned :?

@ old interpretation of islam vs. christianity
The catholic church is what I had in mind bossel. Plust, lutherans, and anglican church.
Of course there are still some sects that go bak old style, but largely, I would say christianity has evolved more than islam

@centralisation
Well there is the Vatican bossel, let's not forget that :) It's what I had in mind

Anyways, your points are all valid and thx for clearing up my ambiguous parts

Inner_Vision, the kind of Islam that you advocate, that rejects science and other areas of study is a perfect example of how the interpretation of Islam has radicalised during the past centuries. At the peak of the Islamic Empire, in Baghdad, the intellectual capital of this empire, there was such a thing called as the house of wisdom. There islamic intellectuals gathered and embraced greek culture, Plato and Aristotle( whom were shunned away by the christians in Europe as blasfamus writers), Hindu mathematics, Persian culture, and developed during these times Math, Trigonometry, Astronomy, Medicine, even catarac operations. Now how could that be possible if these guys were thinking as you do? Discarting Darwinism for example. For them, they saw no problem in embracing Plato and Aristotle even though they were muslims and followed the Kuran and the beleif in Allah.

I think you are not following my posts .... Islam is perfectly harmonius with the Science(More with the Modern Science ....) is the basis of my posts here.... (More with the Modern Science ....) ... & as already mentioned by bossel ....

This was partly done with the help of Islamic scientists, in Spain there was a time when Christian, Jewish & Islamic scientists even worked together (before some Christians decided to get rid of the others). Up to the 15th/16th century, Islamic science was way ahead of Christian Europe.

.. on the other hand ...... Darwinism is totally unscientific theory .... that i've explained earlier & that will make sense to you , only if you have Some basic knowledge of Bio Chemistry & if anyone still follows the Darwinism i consider him *.. .....* for that Reason. ( Rock will respond to this again ..Lol )

Just for the Record again....as i told before that me Medical Student , studying in one of the oldest Medical Schools of south east asia ...... &for this reason i am concerned with The Science very well ..... & i love the work of Ein-Stein ..( awesome Mind ...) * Max Plank , (In Physics ..) ,Keith L. More (in Embryology .... btw this Guy embraced Islam after seeing the Verses of Qu'ran mentioning the basic transitions of human foetus within womb .. which was obviously not possible to explain 1400 yrs ago) & back in school days was used to appreciate Darwin aswell ..... until i found out the weak basis of it which obviously Darwin never knew(No electron microscope were there at that time .... u know it ..! ). Similarly Socratese , Aristotle & Galileo are considered respectable among Muslims just because of their work which has been useful to the humanity .In short , everyone who tries to Explore things is actually doing the Purpose of his Creation & therefore i like him/her ... (i 've told this before aswell ....)

If you want ppl to open their eyes to Islam, or to any other religion, your line of argument should go something like there is a lot out in the world that humans have figured out, but in order to complement our ignorance we have to get closer to god so that we can realize how his presence and almighty watever has made our world work in this this and this way. I mean to me this seems a more compelling argument.

this is one good piece of advice ..Thanks .... but still i would like you to follow my previous post .... Darwinism Is unscientific . & as i mentioned earlier i was used to be Evolutionist myself back in school days ..& was used to explain & defend this to my Friends but later in Medical College, the BioChemistryunveiled the Reality i.e. Evolution is Impossible.

Also, another problem with Islam, it has failed to contemporise.

Well ..Dear ..its not a Problem ....Islam is the Only true ( the Natural ) Religion of all human Beings .Its a Matter Of Fact .....

A second problem, Islam is not centralised. Who am I supposed to beleive on which is the correct Interpretation. Should I be a sunni or shiite

Well again ..My daer ..this is not a Problem ... the conflicts between sunni & shi'a are minor & such conflicts help us to Understand our Religion better.Wel .. there are some people far from religion who try to descriminate between these two but every ratinal Muslim knows that this is not a problem as we were told about this already by our Prophete (PBUH) .Anyways,I wonder (but Glad ...!) what sorta problem a non-muslim can have with these ...

Should I beleive in sacrificing myself so that I can go to heaven and have 77 or 7 virgins, which due to some translation error, may in fact be raisins.

What are you trying to say ...?? Explain it & also give the reference to the context .

Should I make my wife wear a veil or not?

This upto you & your wife , that how much both of you can follow the Islamic teachings. btw , this is purly the Question of a mUslim .

should I just find my own interpreation ?

yeah .. one can ..but that must not be against the teachings of Qu'ran & Sunnah.

If you would have come here and began your agument in such a manner, maybe someone would have been influenced, not me, I have deep agnostic/atheistic roots that have spoiled me forever.

First thing is , i don't come here to preach my religion , but while answering your question or in other words discussing things here i've to tell you the basics of islam .. which one must know before he accepts or neglects ,which is his personal Business.

well for agnostic ... sometimes in life everyone has to Believe without Clue like just for example if a patient comes to a Doctor , then Whatever doctor diagnoses & treats .....the patient will have no idea of it .. all he has to do ..is to believe in the Doctor that he knows . The patient will not have the slightest of the clue whats going on ..... .And i know something like this must have happened to you when you 've had to believe without Clue.On the other hand , we have Clues for God' s existence ....... though we can't reach the exact Nature of God ..but still ponder over the phenomena all around you see the signs sincerely .. You will find him.

But instead you posted some huge exerpts from some lady and highliting in red Allaha nd Quran, which is sure to shun ppl away, and discarted ppl's views, and didn't try to incorporate them or at least try to find sm compromise.

I'm deeply impressed with your Concern but dear compromising with the Darwinism would mean compromising with the Religion , with the Bio chemistry & with the ethics.So, i'm sorry for this.

Well anyways, just my thoughts on the topic, I don't mean to offend anyone by my words. I beleive I didn't insult anyone or their belifs, just makin an argument based on my observations. So yea, hmmm, have fun and all.

Liked your post . Yet again , jsut for the sake of record, Confliction never bother me .If one wants to Learn he must Listen to the other Party.To get influenced by it or not is your own Persoanl Decision into which not a single human can interfere.

When someone says:

Well ..Dear ..its not a Problem ....Islam is the Only true ( the Natural ) Religion of all human Beings .Its a Matter Of Fact .....
it seems as though such a person has closed his mind to any further discussion of the topic. I would doubt that any further discussions of Islam with such a person will be at all persuasive in either direction.

[Kintaro]

as revealed by this ....

[Kintaro again]

Impressive Scope of Reality.

it seems as though such a person has closed his mind to any further discussion of the topic. I would doubt that any further discussions of Islam with such a person will be at all persuasive in either direction.
The basic theme of every discussion is always the Flow of Knowledge about different things , among different people. Persuassion is nothing .The onlt persuassion that works is self-Persuassion ... so, keep on telling about you & i will continue to tell about me .In the End , i'll get( to know...) some of you & you mine .Decision is always independent .Thats it.

well Fantt ...Please change your Weeping avater ...Just kiddin' .

was used to explain & defend this to my Friends but later in Medical College, the BioChemistryunveiled the Reality i.e. Evolution is Impossible.
Oh so you're trying to say you know more than all the previous scientists???Where's your prove it can't be??

you are limited by your islamic beliefs, think Islam is the better religion, the only and the others are fables.

Well again ..My daer ..this is not a Problem ... the conflicts between sunni & shi'a are minor & such conflicts help us to Understand our Religion better.
SO killing eachother is a good way to see the differences between beliefs?? Crazyness !!! :eek:kashii:

.. on the other hand ...... Darwinism is totally unscientific theory .... that i've explained earlier & that will make sense to you , only if you have Some basic knowledge of Bio Chemistry & if anyone still follows the Darwinism i consider him *.. .....* for that Reason. ( Rock will respond to this again ..Lol )
I feel sorry for you...hope you'll find out what's real or not ;)

And last, why the h**l you say Dear everytime????How old are you anyways?And are you female ?Cause only these 2 type of persons can use that word in this kind of way ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 12454 times.

Back