Y-DNA of Iberians or descendants of recent Iberians

Well , i don't know if this "caucasoid " thing is as old as you would like to believe my friend.

The Human haplogroup clasification clearly shows Caucasoid is the default.
The other races are a mixture with whatever is left of the pre-N mtDNA (L clades) + that haplogroup M.
On the male side needs special mention the haplogroup E, that as oppose to F seems to have mixed with the previous haplogroups.

These different ancestral components are what 'races' are made of.

Last edited:

Timeline from Stone Age to Modern Age (1.2 Million BCE - 2021 CE) of Iberia​

What do you think of this video?
I would like to take this opportunity so that if you know anyone on the forum who is originally from Iberia, please let me know so I can update the table in the main post :)

One must remember that southeast Asia is not a source, but a sink, for DNA. K2b, like its sibling K2a, likely originated in east China. The ancestors of Haplogroup N-Tat took the same route out of China, through Siberia, and into eastern Europe that Haplogroup R took earlier, and haplogroups M and S took the same trip into southeast Asia-and later into Oceania-that haplogroup O did later.

New user haplogroups added

In which region or ethnic group of Iberia is E-V13 the most common in your opinion? I primarily know general E1b1b statistics and those can be somewhat misleading in Iberia, because unlike in most of Central Europe, its not just E-V13.

Finally my Big-Y Results

Last edited:
In which region or ethnic group of Iberia is E-V13 the most common in your opinion? I primarily know general E1b1b statistics and those can be somewhat misleading in Iberia, because unlike in most of Central Europe, its not just E-V13.
E-V13 is more frquent in western Iberia, peaking in Asturias if my memory doesn't fail me.

E-V13.png

That's based on too few samples though. Well, probably there will be some paper on the issue eventually.
I agree with you, we hope to have news on the topic in the meantime.

I agree with you, we hope to have news on the topic in the meantime.
A good number of E-V13 carriers comes from Mexico and Brazil, and most assume an Iberian origin, but the genealogies are rarely able to bridge the Atlantic and even if they do, they often have uncertainties and speculative ancestors.

E-V13 and J2b-L283 are both more frequent in northwestern/ western iberia, as well as I1 , I theorise the visigoths and the suebians have something to do with this.
Agreed, Sarmatians and Germanics surely brought some E-V13. We have a couple of ancient DNA samples from North Eastern Spain/Catalonia which are mostly Germanic with a bit of Slavic, so they look like fairly recent arrivals from the East with Germanic tribal migrations.

A good number of E-V13 carriers comes from Mexico and Brazil, and most assume an Iberian origin, but the genealogies are rarely able to bridge the Atlantic and even if they do, they often have uncertainties and speculative ancestors.
I find myself in this exact situation, as a brazilian under J-L283, I assume my ancestor was portuguese, 99% odds of it but who knows, maybe a italian, french or flemish merchant from madeira or the azores, or even one of the few non iberian europeans we had around in colonial times.

I'm I1-Z2535, born in São Paulo, Brazil but with patrilinear ancestors coming from Pernambuco, northeast of Brazil. I wasn't able to advance on my patrilinear line till now, but I suppose this lineage came with a Portuguese from the north of Portugal to Brazil

I'm I1-Z2535, born in São Paulo, Brazil but with patrilinear ancestors coming from Pernambuco, northeast of Brazil. I wasn't able to advance on my patrilinear line till now, but I suppose this lineage came with a Portuguese from the north of Portugal to Brazil

Most likely a Northern Portuguese of Suebian patrilineal ancestry… or perhaps some Dutchman who ended up in Pernambuco in the 17th century.

Based on the high frequency of I1-Z2535 in the Netherlands I think you are descended from Colonists from the Azores who later went to Brazil.

Watch the video below especially from minute 5:56

Finally my Big-Y Results

Regarding the haplogroup formed in 1000 AD (R-BY95973), do you think it will be Mozarabic or Christian involved in the Reconquista?

Steps
sort
info
Haplogroup
info
Age Estimate
info
Archaeology Era
info
Time Passed
info
Immediate Descendants