Free and independent Kurdistan is coming soon.

Crazy stuff. On one hand it is over reaction to shoot down an ally plain taking part in actions against ISIS and having no military and immediate danger for Turkey. On other hand Russians are know for testing other's airspace for only known to them reasons. This time with grave consequences.

I wonder if it is a case that Russians flew over disputed territory between Syria and Turkey? In this case Syria and Russia can claim that their plane was still over Syria.

Russia is an uninvited "ally". I think that the West possesses all the tools to provide a solution to the Syrian crisis. So the elimination of the Islamic risk, and the overthrow of the dictatorial regime of Assad. The main obstacle is Russia. Turkey did very well. Someone have to show the teeth to the Russians.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/11/24/us-mideast-syria-crisis-helicopter-idUSKBN0TD1KQ20151124

Syria insurgents destroy Russian helicopter with missile

Syrian fighters destroyed a Russian helicopter with a missile, shortly after they forced it to make an emergency landing in a nearby government-held area in Syria's Latakia province on Tuesday, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.
A Syrian insurgent group, recipient of U.S. Tow missiles, said its fighters hit the helicopter with an anti-tank missile while it was in the air and put out a video showing the helicopter being blown up after one of its fighters struck it with another missile.

I think that Syria will be a new Afganistan for Russia

Russia is an uninvited "ally".
I meant an ally in context of coalition against Daesh.

I think that the West possesses all the tools to provide a solution to the Syrian crisis.
Yes, West has resources but not a will to be involved in another Near East conflict. They god discouraged by mess in Libya, Iraq and Afghanistan. They thought that not engaging in Syria they will be left alone. I have to admit that I was willing to try something new too, as not engaging this time. Surprise, surprise, without Western boots on the ground there is even a bigger mess. Mess in Syria and mess in Europe. ISIS wants to fight West to invoke Armageddon and end of days. Conversely, ordinary Syrians want to hid in Europe for safety and normal life.

So the elimination of the Islamic risk, and the overthrow of the dictatorial regime of Assad. The main obstacle is Russia. Turkey did very well. Someone have to show the teeth to the Russians.
It will depend on Russian's actions. They want to insert their influence helping Assad for sure. However they might be swayed to replace Assad with some form of new government.
They will be helpful in fight against Daesh, but surely destructive in post Daesh building of independent and democratic Syria. And who knows how they will treat Kurds?

I doubt.

Yes, West has resources but not a will to be involved in another Near East conflict. They god discouraged by mess in Libya, Iraq and Afghanistan. They thought that not engaging in Syria they will be left alone. I have to admit that I was willing to try something new too, as not engaging this time. Surprise, surprise, without Western boots on the ground there is even a bigger mess. Mess in Syria and mess in Europe. ISIS wants to fight West to invoke Armageddon and end of days. Conversely, ordinary Syrians want to hid in Europe for safety and normal life.
Better a new Aganistan than a new Vietnam. Also Europe have to decide. The reaction of Europe have to be within the framework of NATO. Need more solidarity.

It will depend on Russian's actions. They want to insert their influence helping Assad for sure. However they might be swayed to replace Assad with some form of new government.
They will be helpful in fight against Daesh, but surely destructive in post Daesh building of independent and democratic Syria. And who knows how they will treat Kurds?
This country has suffered a lot from this dictatorship. At first they suffered the father, now they are suffering the son. I do not know, Assad has a son? The solution for Syria is democracy. And democracy is a alien concept to Putin and the Russians.

Russia is an uninvited "ally". I think that the West possesses all the tools to provide a solution to the Syrian crisis. So the elimination of the Islamic risk, and the overthrow of the dictatorial regime of Assad. The main obstacle is Russia. Turkey did very well. Someone have to show the teeth to the Russians.

time someone shows teeth to Erdogan

his intentions are as doubtfull as Putins

They will be helpful in fight against Daesh, but surely destructive in post Daesh building of independent and democratic Syria. And who knows how they will treat Kurds?[/QUOT

Russia just got a warning shot from Turkey. One of their planes was shot down today, deep in Syrian territory. (3 miles). In order to help Assad, Russians were bombing Turkmens. They also were supporting Kurdish fighters to achieve their goal of connecting their territories in north Syria. Turkey warned Russians to stay away of their goals or Turks will fight them. Turkish fight could turn ugly blocking Dardanelles to Russian ships making Russians Latakia base worthless.
In fact the indifference of the world for what was happening to Syria was ugly. Syria is the backyard of Europe and Europeans had a moral responsibility to do something to stop the destruction of the country. Not to speak about Arab countries that stood spectators. Arab countries could have lobbied for the powers to intervene. They didn't. Europeans would not had intervened, had not the refugees knocking in Europe's doors.
Irans participation in the process is a joke.

This country has suffered a lot from this dictatorship. At first they suffered the father, now they are suffering the son. I do not know, Assad has a son? The solution for Syria is democracy. And democracy is a alien concept to Putin and the Russians.

democracy in Syria? dream on my friend
Arabian spring is dead and burried

At this moment I don't care much who will finish off IS with ground troops. This is a priority. However afterwords I would love to see UN peacekeepers installed in Syria, and Iraq Sunni area, till referendums on independence of ethnic regions. I can see Syria and Iraq splitting in 3 major parts: Kurdish, Sunni and Shia majority held. If anything, this is a first step to peace in Near East.
Giving independence and self governance to Sunnis in Iraq and Syria will take away ethnic base of Daesh. Sunnis will no longer require Daesh as their army, defenders and liberators from Shia Muslims and other dictatorial oppressors like Assad.
If Russia gets on the ground and win against Isis , the game it's finished. Russia wins. Personally I wish that Russians gets out of there. That's a key point. Afterwards NATO sends troops there on the ground if it is necessary. So who finish off the Isis , it's too important. If it's Russia the one, everything it's over, Russia wins.

time someone shows teeth to Erdogan

his intentions are as doubtfull as Putins

We are speaking about politcs. And politcs does not work according to the wishes but priorities.

Not the first, not the last. Your quiet life in Belgium also.

What about Tunisia, Lebanon and sort of democratic state of Algeria. There are beacons of democracy there.
Do you think that democratic process can be stopped forever?

Crazy stuff. On one hand it is over reaction to shoot down an ally plain taking part in actions against ISIS and having no military and immediate danger for Turkey. On other hand Russians are know for testing other's airspace for only known to them reasons. This time with grave consequences.

I wonder if it is a case that Russians flew over disputed territory between Syria and Turkey? In this case Syria and Russia can claim that their plane was still over Syria.
1- it was a wrong decision shooting that warplane . It was not necessary, even if the warplane violated the turkish airspace.

2- that shoot was helpful only to tame the Russian arrogance. [emoji6]

3- the goal of Russia is to keep in power Assad .

As long as we have there Assad, we would have either ISIS. If Assad left , Isis left. [emoji6] .

2- Obama said, we can't send there troops temporary. If we send there troops, we should stay there in long terms. The goal it's pretty clear. There is not a common point between USA and Russia about Syria. Russia can't allow the troops of USA within the Syrian state. USA can't send there troops as long as there are Russian troops. It might bring in a confrontation.

They will be helpful in fight against Daesh, but surely destructive in post Daesh building of independent and democratic Syria. And who knows how they will treat Kurds?[/QUOT

Russia just got a warning shot from Turkey. One of their planes was shot down today, deep in Syrian territory. (3 miles). In order to help Assad, Russians were bombing Turkmens. They also were supporting Kurdish fighters to achieve their goal of connecting their territories in north Syria. Turkey warned Russians to stay away of their goals or Turks will fight them. Turkish fight could turn ugly blocking Dardanelles to Russian ships making Russians Latakia base worthless.
In fact the indifference of the world for what was happening to Syria was ugly. Syria is the backyard of Europe and Europeans had a moral responsibility to do something to stop the destruction of the country. Not to speak about Arab countries that stood spectators. Arab countries could have lobbied for the powers to intervene. They didn't. Europeans would not had intervened, had not the refugees knocking in Europe's doors.
Irans participation in the process is a joke.
About Iran: there are killed already three Iranian generals in Syria. Two of them were part of the revolutionary guard of Iran. Hezbollah was helping Assad from months already.

What about Tunisia, Lebanon and sort of democratic state of Algeria. There are beacons of democracy there.
Do you think that democratic process can be stopped forever?
I read that in Saudi Arabia they held municipal elections. It's not a big thing, but at least we have something where to start.

I read that in Saudi Arabia they held municipal elections. It's not a big thing, but at least we have something where to start.

Saudi Arabia has adopted a new law which makes atheism illegal and promoting atheism will be punsihed with death penalty

Wahabism is pure evil

1- it was a wrong decision shooting that warplane . It was not necessary, even if the warplane violated the turkish airspace.

2- that shoot was helpful only to tame the Russian arrogance. [emoji6]

3- the goal of Russia is to keep in power Assad .

the plane was shot to increase Erdogan popularity in Turkey

the goal of Erdogan is to keep war in Syria going

This thread has been viewed 640333 times.

Back