The Celts of Iberia

Status
Not open for further replies.
The LatAm is totally delusional. Tells himself codswallop and claims it's the law of the universe.:LOL:

Portuguese have celtic heritage...come on give me a break. Don't dream. It's ridiculous..romans and moors conquered you for a lot of centuries. Don't you have that heredity?

Portuguese have celtic heritage...come on give me a break. Don't dream. It's ridiculous..romans and moors conquered you for a lot of centuries. Don't you have that heredity?
bored-office-worker.jpg

Snore. Mr. Delusional loves to speak lies to himself. VERY dysfunctional.

Ah, let's see...Proto-Celts and Celts were in Western Iberia and nearly all of Portugal in significant numbers for...hmmm over 1,500 years.

Game over.

Ah, let's see...Proto-Celts and Celts were in Western Iberia and nearly all of Portugal in significant numbers for...hmmm over 1,500 years.

Game over.

Well all of them were exterminated and civilized by romans and moors...that's your heredity...stop to dream. Now game is over...I repeat gone drinking get back later.

:bored::bored::bored: Er, talk to the hand...

They are well-related to Scandinavians, for certain.

The South Americans in a thread are like a plague of termites, all they do is cause, and the invention of the forera Fatima is now to die laughing.

Anyway, the star is Tartesso Tartesso and is appropriated the Muslim world, these arches constructions were already represented in Iberian ceramics and copied the Arabs in the desert were not the buildings that made ​​Al-Andalus. Anyway was a paragraph in our history in which the protagonists are native not Arabs or Muslims and a time to forget and reject deeply, according that has become a monument or building, unfortunately, it at least serves to a tourist visit, but that is all finished, is not something we like, that was not ours and luckily flew out of Andalusia and Spain.

the existence of Celtic presence in Iberia is solid. How do you explain the hundreds of Celtiberian inscriptions from the upper Ebro and Duero river areas?...

I have already answered. Presence does not mean culture. Vickings were present in Russia, France, Ireland, and have often left inscriptions (runes)...This does not make those regions "Vicking" culture. I don' t deny that Celts have entered in Spain, I contest that they were majority. Same thing for toponymy.

Furthermore, Celtiberian is a Q-Celtic language (akin to Irish in that respect), which additionally shows archaisms that are absent in most other Celtic languages.

Don't extrapolate too much linguistical features. Some areas can keep archaisms, other abandon it, it is not depending of the order of the arrival. For example, the fact that the Spanish language does not get the real "v" sound like the basque, while the Italian language language gets it, does not mean that Spain is a more archaic romance language than Italian. Spanish has just keep this archaism (maybe related to basque), while Italian not.

Hey Grizz, are you OK? Everyone here with any knowledge of Celtic history, archaeology and linguistics is laughing at you. How much punishment can you take?

Dude, didn't you get the memo? You lost your insane "argument" weeks ago, when you started it.:useless:

Hey Cambria Red, are you OK? Everyone here with any knowledge of Celtic history, archaeology and linguistics is laughing at you. How much punishment can you take?

Dude, didn't you get the memo? You lose your insane "argument" weeks to weeks.:useless:

All right ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, time to put things to bed...

It seems there are some out-of-balance cynics posting on here and a few other threads who are having an extraordinarily difficult time dealing with certain scientific and historical realities, regarding Iberian Celticity.

Let's take stock:

You put always the same arguments : there are evidences of Celtic presence in Spain. No-one denies it. I just say that they were scattered minorities, or aristocratic groups, like Franks or Scandinavians in France. Where you have difficulties to get it ? And yes, E-Keltoi is not a reliable source. Concluding that Spain was celtic just because we found toponyms and inscriptions is simply un-professional. It's not me, the sources are clear, and I've posted it. Do you think that I will put them again and again ?

Again, why do you have such issues with Iberian Celticity? Are you afraid of the truth? Lord...:useless:

Because like you say, it is an issue, a real controversy, a mind-construction more than a historical fact.

I love these people who think that just because there were Moors in Iberia for lengthy periods that makes Spaniards and Portuguese half-Moors. Pathetic.:useless:

I love these people who think that just because there were Celts in Iberia for lengthy periods that makes Spaniards and Portuguese so-called "Celtiberians". Pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 1019837 times.

Back