Do Italians look more like Spaniards/Portuguese, or Greeks?

Do Italians look like Iberians or Greeks?

• Northerners more Iberian, southerners more Greek

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Iberian

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Greek

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I didn't watch all of each video but just clicking on them and scrolling through I'd say they look pretty much like other southerners.

Here are some Italian-American celebrities. I think Alyssa Milano almost would look more typically southern French than Balkan, and Kelly Ripa is very Central European in features above all but the other 3 look more like the people already posted here.

ray-romano_ray-romano_concerts_tickets_553105.jpgPic_7.jpgPicture%208.pngkelly-ripa-picture-1.jpgalyssa-milano-profile.jpg
pencil.png

Last edited:
Rossy de palma is very strange, do you atribute her profile to proper dinarid stock?

Rossy de Palma: Rosa Elena García Echave, must be of Basque origin.

How can someone distinguish if he looks more "balcanian" or more "iberian"?

How can someone distinguish if he looks more "balcanian" or more "iberian"?

It is my personal opinion, but what I'm seeing here so mainly photo and comments from users, I get the feeling that the Balkans are more exaggerated features, a more impenetrable, at first glance do not know what their status mood, just gives you a kiss on the contrary, while the Iberian or Iberian seems more sensual, more graceful features, although in the south the beautiful women often have well-defined factions, Iberian is also able to talk to the look and faster is denoted mood.

2009070614miss_murcia_dentro_g.jpg

Miss Murcia.

ho2927s61_a.jpg

Nani Gaitán.

C_2_maincontent_51979_largeimage.jpg

Anabel Armario.

Can speak with his eyes.

The way I explain the difference is that Iberians have very Western European features and although they often have darker coloring, their facial structure is very typical of Western Europe, in places like France, Britain, Ireland, northern Italy. Some darker Brits, like Orlando Bloom, Catherine Zeta Jones and Keira Knightley, look similar to Iberians.

Northern Italians to me look similar to Iberians or French but with a Central European/Alpine influence, so I picked the first option on my poll.

It is my personal opinion, but what I'm seeing here so mainly photo and comments from users, I get the feeling that the Balkans are more exaggerated features, a more impenetrable, at first glance do not know what their status mood, just gives you a kiss on the contrary, while the Iberian or Iberian seems more sensual, more graceful features, although in the south the beautiful women often have well-defined factions, Iberian is also able to talk to the look and faster is denoted mood.

2009070614miss_murcia_dentro_g.jpg

Miss Murcia.

ho2927s61_a.jpg

Nani Gaitán.

C_2_maincontent_51979_largeimage.jpg

Anabel Armario.

Can speak with his eyes.

I LOVE Iberian look, and it happened so much time ago that a Spanish girl stole my heart...The first one is stunning anyway!
How can I see if I'm closer to Iberians or closer to Balcanians? I have straight nose, big dark eyes and normal skin (you can see it from my picture).

Riccardo you don't look really either Balkan or Iberian to me. More like an Austrian or southern German I'd say!

Riccardo you don't look really either Balkan or Iberian to me. More like an Austrian or southern German I'd say!

Really? =)

It's strange because you're the first one to say that! They always say to me that I'm really Mediterranean!

Really? =)

It's strange because you're the first one to say that! They always say to me that I'm really Mediterranean!

Well if I had to go either direction in the Mediterranean I'd say Croatia before Spain, but I'd say there's a Central European vibe.

Vanessa Incontrada
has typical features of spaniards, slim face, oblong face, a straight more thin nose
vanessahome.jpg

Natalia Estrada
is spaniard but could well pass in italy and in the balkans instead
more of a squared face
natalia-estrada.jpg

Fernando Alonso
very typical typology of mediterranean like spaniards, and quintessential spaniard
AlonsoFerrari4.jpg

Dani Pedrosa
could pass as balkanian too
daniel-pedrosa.jpg

Dani-Pedrosa.jpg

However generically speaking spaniards have less dinaroid tendencies and less convex noses than italians or balkanians
types like him could never be spaniards (because of the dinarid tendencies)
gianluigi-buffon-italia.jpg

Buffon-Gianluigi-001.jpg

even less Chiellini
his nose and profile strats to be common in italy and you can find it in the balkans and south east europe
chiellini%20g.jpg

^^

There is everything like in a drugstore.

Oh look, Alonso, my favorite in F1, ....because Kubica is out of business.

Some other Southern European examples. Paz Vega (Spanish from Andalusia), Nelly Furtado (Portuguese from the Azores), Francesca Chillemi (Italian from Sicily), Maria Menounos (Greek-American).

paz-vega-20081103-468514.jpgBE5938E91E5580DDBD4E181B78D5E7.jpgFrancesca_Chillemi_9.jpgmaria-menounos.jpg

Some examples of girls Andalusian mother and foreign father.

normal_Estefania%20Luyk%20-4.jpg

Estefanía Luyk

helen_lindes_3.jpg

Helen Lindes.

OK, so if we take the 5 major countries in Europe.
Select the most attractive faces, what generalisations can be made if any?
This is incredibly unscientific but interesting to see what people perceptions are.

Germany - Heidi Klum
1Heidi+Klum.jpg

France - Eva Green
http://www.librarising.com/astrology/celebs/images2/EF/evagreen.jpg
evagreen.jpg

Italy - Monica Bellucci
monicabellucci.jpg

England
- Keira KNightley
keira_knightley.jpg

Spain
- Sara Carbonero
069-sara-carbonero.jpg

¿La foto de Sara Carbonero es para el Documento Nacional de Identidad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 154032 times.

Back