Do Italians look more like Spaniards/Portuguese, or Greeks?

Do Italians look like Iberians or Greeks?

• Northerners more Iberian, southerners more Greek

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Iberian

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Greek

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sara Carbonero is a bit odd-looking, something just looks off, from a European context. She almost looks like Adriana Lima.

The problem is that sometimes in photo of famous truth does not exist,

they paint Hair
they make solarium
they make cosmetic and plastic surgery,
so try to more simple samples,

Sara Carbonero actually exceeds UVA Anyway it denotes a good heart.

I prefer the other Spanish girls you've posted before..I don't like so much Sara Carbonero!

It is clear that Sara Carbonero is pretty, but not my type, I find it very strange.

It is clear that Sara Carbonero is pretty, but not my type, I find it very strange.

Well of course, but you know, here there's a quote: "non è bello ciò che è bello, ma è bello ciò che piace". Translated: "it isn't beautiful what is beautiful, but it's beautiful what is liked". =D

It's interesting that you both think that, in my opinion she(Carbonero) has the most attractive face of the 5.
I think the oddest is Kiera Knightly.

I had a discussion with a firend a while ago about whether being from a certain country in Euorpe meant you were more attracted to those racial faces. They have done studies of children in america particularly looking at african american children growing up in mainly 'european american' nurseries. They found that the african american kids preffered the white faces because that was the stereotypical faces they had grown up with, this also applied to children of east asian decent that they tested.

So their research suggests our environment dictates partially our facial prefference, racially speaking.

Facial recognition is instinctually programmed into us, whether it's race specific I have no idea.
Babies under 12 months old were tested with a head set that tracked their eye movement. The children where show various images and it was show that when people faces were brought up on screen the babies immediately went for the eyes, they also tended to track along facial features like the mouth and nose. Interestingly when testing children that were autistic they found this response lacking, thier brains seemed to lack the pattern recognition of the face. As these children were so young it was clearly shown to be a preprogrammed instinctual response not a learned one.

Well of course, but you know, here there's a quote: "non è bello ciò che è bello, ma è bello ciò che piace". Translated: "it isn't beautiful what is beautiful, but it's beautiful what is liked". =D

Per gustare i colori, diciamo in Spagna.

edao
It's interesting that you both think that, in my opinion she(Carbonero) has the most attractive face of the 5.

Heidi seems to me most strange. Sara's eyes are not too far apart, I wonder?

I had a discussion with a firend a while ago about whether being from a certain country in Euorpe meant you were more attracted to those racial faces. They have done studies of children in america particularly looking at african american children growing up in mainly 'european american' nurseries. They found that the african american kids preffered the white faces because that was the stereotypical faces they had grown up with, this also applied to children of east asian decent that they tested.

So their research suggests our environment dictates partially our facial prefference, racially speaking.

Facial recognition is instinctually programmed into us, whether it's race specific I have no idea.
Babies under 12 months old were tested with a head set that tracked their eye movement. The children where show various images and it was show that when people faces were brought up on screen the babies immediately went for the eyes, they also tended to track along facial features like the mouth and nose. Interestingly when testing children that were autistic they found this response lacking, thier brains seemed to lack the pattern recognition of the face. As these children were so young it was clearly shown to be a preprogrammed instinctual response not a learned one.

I don't like Kiera Knightly at all. :grin:

I prefer the less famous girls posted before. But Monica Bellucci is a "pure beauty" too, in my opinion, and she gives a great representation to Italy!

Per gustare i colori, diciamo in Spagna.

Para gustos los colores, ya lo se. :giggle:

:grin:italians look more like europeans that any specific nation:rolleyes:

poor europeans centuries and centuries of evoultion and still obsessed about race. i'm glad of being from a continent were race don't matter. we are all the same and have the same right.

How can someone distinguish if he looks more "balcanian" or more "iberian"?

You look like an italian Riccardo but you could be French, Spanish, or German or from netherlands, you have a very neutral look, i mean you can found your type in any country i think... i know many italians here in spain; blondes brunettes and redheads, i know who is italian just see him, but i don´t think it´s by factions italians are usually more stylized than spaniards i think, spaniards are shorter but more robust sometimes people who was living in Italy said that i seem italian too lol; long nose, high thin, more thinner factions... definitely i think that you have the "ideal" of roman beauty.

latinamerican forums are plently pf racial issues, and you know that, you know that for a latin american race is more important than for a european and has much to do with social status, mestizo people despises indians and the elite in many countries is purely european,i don´t want talk about this, but i could say more many things. I don´t try to be nasty, i have l. americans friends and they´re not like you but please ¿Race is not important in Latin America? race is 1000 times more important in Lamerica than in Europe, because there race means possibility of future and social status much more than in any european country.

Italians surely do not look Iberian, except perhaps some Portuguese or Andalusians that may pass for Italian or Greek (rather than the other way round). Northern Italians don't really look like anybody else, except perhaps some south-eastern French people (not Provençals but rather Lyonais) or perhaps even Western Turkish. Southern Italians clearly look Greek.

latinamerican forums are plently pf racial issues, and you know that, you know that for a latin american race is more important than for a european and has much to do with social status, mestizo people despises indians and the elite in many countries is purely european,i don´t want talk about this, but i could say more many things. I don´t try to be nasty, i have l. americans friends and they´re not like you but please ¿Race is not important in Latin America? race is 1000 times more important in Lamerica than in Europe, because there race means possibility of future and social status much more than in any european country.
i don't know about any latinamericanPEDIA were latinos talk about this issues... all the day concerned about how they look or about their Y-DNA and MTDNA, trying to probe themselves something. could you show me some place like this for latinos? on the other hand this place is full of iberians... also, until iberians put their feet in america there weren't racial conflicts among the native americans.

Southern Italians in genetics are extremely close to Greeks and Albanians, but not that much with Turks, becouse Turks are a mixed also with Asians and Arabs, not only with the Greeks. Also there are tracks of Italian genes in the area around Odessa (1 settler on 10 was Italian during the Venecian occupation). Definitely Southern Italy is a South-East European region.
Northern Italians look not different from the rest of Italians but are closer in the look to South-East French.
Hiberians are an other cluster and are an own ethnic group.

From my point of view Italians can have differently from Spaniards an Eastern European vibe while Spaniards are definitely Westerns (mostly depends on the geographical position OFC). Italians can have higher cheeks and a bit prolonged eyes, the nose can be easier convex, but many Italians have also a turned up nose. Italians have a thinner skeleton and sometimes have rounding faces. Spaniards usually have streight nose, more robust skeleton and a bigger more masculike jaw that gives them a very Western vibe. Cheeks are usually lower in Spaniards and the women tend to have more "puffy" asses. Spaniards also have a longer face.
Complexion can vary in both the country very much, from fair to light brunette with some rare dark brunette skinned individuals.

canek
on the other hand this place is full of iberians... also, until iberians put their feet in america there weren't racial conflicts among the native americans.

Of course that is full of Iberians, a European forum. Of course that is full of Iberians, a European forum.

On the other, who told you, the red beret gorilla, maybe.

i don't know about any latinamericanPEDIA were latinos talk about this issues... all the day concerned about how they look or about their Y-DNA and MTDNA, trying to probe themselves something. could you show me some place like this for latinos? on the other hand this place is full of iberians... also, until iberians put their feet in america there weren't racial conflicts among the native americans.

the point is this is a forum of history, anthropology...see any general peruvian/chilenean etc forum and you will see several issues of genetic composition, i know because i participate in many forums and in many instances there are passionate debates about who has many/less indian blood. You know that´s a problem in latinamerican society, don´t say its not. I'm not saying in all countries, but is fairly common hear comments on the "cholos", by mixed-race people, people who has that blood which at the same time, they detest, is a very common mindset between many people and I have to say i 'm happy that's not your case and that you're proud of your roots, but your treatment to spaniards is very derogatory, maybe there are unpleasant people between us but you always attacks first, and usually there is too much involvement of spanish people in these topics because you always come deliberately insulting, wich is a shame and quite childish. I have to say that i´m proud of my heritage and all its possible influences, i think that has given us a rich culture and i respect and admire aspects of all cultures, and think about a thing, we all are the result of conquest as well as our culture and you're automatically disregarding a part of yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 153458 times.

Back