New Archaiological discoverie in Makedonian tomps, could be Great Alexander's family?

Who you believe is the owner of the tomp?

• Alexander the great

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Roxane Alexander's wife

• Alaxandros 4rth son of Alexander

• Heracles son of Alexander

• Olympias mother of alexander

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Phillip 3rd son of Phillip 2 (other wife)

• Kassandros son of antipatros

• Hephaestion Alexander's friend

• Antigonos monophtalmos Alexander's general

• Polyperchon Phillip 2 general

• Androsthenes Alexander's admiral

• Nearchos Alexander's admiral

• Laomedon Alexander's admiral

• Agnon and Athenean army

• Brasidas and spartan army

• an empty memorial tomp

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you want evidence of Alexander being Illyrian in French:
books

it says albanians are descended from Epirotes

Is no one aware that we have no uniparental much less autosomal ancient dna from Illyrians ? Or is the argument too much fun to let science interfere with it?

And how can any of you possibly know the dna profile of Alexander?

Reactions: Ike
Is no one aware that we have no uniparental much less autosomal ancient dna from Illyrians ? Or is the argument too much fun to let science interfere with it?

And how can any of you possibly know the dna profile of Alexander?

Facts and reason just get in the way of screaming at your neighbour who has a different political agenda than you do.

I am not afraid, I know the language spoken by ancestors, it is written in Hescychius lexicon,
no matter Christians and Clemes wanted to input christian words as Greek, the part of Makedonian is not changed,
besides, from what is found today in Slavic Makedonia, we might speak that Illyrians left written,
we will see soon,

Why is this Englishman saying the same thing I am saying:Alexander was not Greek

The fact that Philip and Alexander used the Greek language for administration and were supposedly "Hellenistic" in orientation has more to do with political manipulation and administrative convenience than any appreciation for the Greeks. This observation is not disputed by historians. Thus the use of the Greek language does not tell us anything about the ethnic or cultural origins of the Macedonians. The English language has had a similar role in recent international history. The third largest English-speaking country in the world today (at least in population terms) is the Philippines, according to that country's own claims. Yet no one would seriously suggest that the people of the Philippines are English, or even American, by race or by culture.
The evidence discussed in this book indicates that Alexander's mother tongue was not Greek, his mother was probably not Greek and his father was not Greek. Eventually Alexander himself became an "internationalist" rather than a Hellenophile, even to the extent of arranging marriages between thousands of Persian women and his own troops in a strange effort to merge the peoples and cultural extremes of his empir

Why is this Englishman saying the same thing I am saying:Alexander was not Greek

The fact that Philip and Alexander used the Greek language for administration and were supposedly "Hellenistic" in orientation has more to do with political manipulation and administrative convenience than any appreciation for the Greeks. This observation is not disputed by historians. Thus the use of the Greek language does not tell us anything about the ethnic or cultural origins of the Macedonians. The English language has had a similar role in recent international history. The third largest English-speaking country in the world today (at least in population terms) is the Philippines, according to that country's own claims. Yet no one would seriously suggest that the people of the Philippines are English, or even American, by race or by culture.
The evidence discussed in this book indicates that Alexander's mother tongue was not Greek, his mother was probably not Greek and his father was not Greek. Eventually Alexander himself became an "internationalist" rather than a Hellenophile, even to the extent of arranging marriages between thousands of Persian women and his own troops in a strange effort to merge the peoples and cultural extremes of his empir

yes, but he was not illyrian either . He and his father fought many years against the illyrian invasion from the north. An invasion to stop the illyrians from taking macedonian lands along the coast after the annexation of the epirotes in modern albania

yes, but he was not illyrian either . He and his father fought many years against the illyrian invasion from the north. An invasion to stop the illyrians from taking macedonian lands along the coast after the annexation of the epirotes in modern albania

Is this an argument?

Read my above posts where German and English members of respective academy of sciences are saying,

Sile, I have a question for you, are called Albanians throughout history in some sources Macedonian? Even in Bisantine and in Greek sources?

Read my above posts where German and English members of respective academy of sciences are saying,

DO YOU WANT US TO BELIEVE THAT AN ALBANIAN FOR YOU, A SLAV FOR SLAV MAKEDONIANS, INSTEAD OF UNITE HIS PEOPLE AND GIVE THEM THE GLORY,
UNITE THE GREEKS AND GAVE THEM THE GLORY?

DO YOU THING WE ARE SO IDIOTS?

AND WHY WHERE ALEXANDER WENT GAVE ONLY GREEK AND BRYGIAN NAMES, AND TEACH GREEK?
BESIDES IF HE WAS ILLYRIAN WOULD AT LEAST ONE OF HIS EPIGONI BE ILLYRIAN?
WHY NO ONE OF EPIGONI CLAIMED ILLYRIAN ANCESTRY?
DO YOU BELIEVE THAT MAKEDONIANS WHERE SHAMED ABOUT THEIR ORIGINS OR LANGUAGE?
HAVE YOU EVER READ HESYCHIUS LEXICON? ARIANOS OR AT LEAST THE STELES THAT ALEXANDER BUILD?
WHY MAKEDONIANS CLAIM AS THEIR ANCESTOR KARAMOS HAVE YOU ANY IDEA WHO HE WAS?

BESIDES THE MAKEDONIAN DIALECT IS SAVED AND PROVEN,
BY THE BEFORE EVEN PHILLIP ARCHIOLOGICAL DISCOVERIES OF COMMON PEOPLE LANGUAGE
BY HESCHCHIUS OF ALEXANDREIA,
BESIDES FROM ANABASIS OF ALEXANDER THE ONLY WHO GAVE TRIBUTE WERE THE BRYGIANS AND GORDIUM, THE THRACIANS WHO STILL LIVE AMONG US. WHY?
it is more possible to be a Mygdonian than a Illyrian

now for the rest, even Eistein was wrong about quantum mechanics,
we forgive him, but we march on,
I said to you read a good book by James L. O'Neil's Sidney univercity at 2013, about Makedonians which take all modern archaiological discoveries and written from the beging of time until the Mithridateian wars

THEY ARE ALSO RESPECTED ACADEMICS WITH GREATER AWARDS

The discovery of the Pella curse tablet, according to Olivier Masson, substantiates the view that the ancient Macedonian language was a form of North-West Greek:[13]
"Yet in contrast with earlier views which made of it {i.e. Macedonian} an Aeolic dialect (O. Hoffmann compared Thessalian) we must by now think of a link with North-West Greek (Locrian, Aetolian, Phocidian, Epirote). This view is supported by the recent discovery at Pella of a curse tablet (4th cent. BC), which may well be the first 'Macedonian' text attested (provisional publication by E. Voutyras; cf. the Bulletin Epigraphique in Rev. Et. Grec. 1994, no. 413); the text includes an adverb "opoka" which is not Thessalian."

Of the same opinion is James L. O'Neil's (University of Sydney) presentation at the 2005 Conference of the Australasian Society for Classical Studies, entitled "Doric Forms in Macedonian Inscriptions" (abstract):
"A fourth‐century BC curse tablet from Pella shows word forms which are clearly Doric, but a different form of Doric from any of the west Greek dialects of areas adjoining Macedon. Three other, very brief, fourth century inscriptions are also indubitably Doric. These show that a Doric dialect was spoken in Macedon, as we would expect from the West Greek forms of Greek names found in Macedon. And yet later Macedonian inscriptions are in Koine avoiding both Doric forms and the Macedonian voicing of consonants. The native Macedonian dialect had become unsuitable for written documents."

Professor Johannes Engels of the University of Cologne argues that the Pella curse tablet provides evidence to support that Macedonian was a North-West Greek dialect:[14]
"Another very important testimony comes from the so-called Pella curse tablet. This is a text written in Doric Greek and found in 1986 [...] This has been judged to be the most important ancient testimony to substantiate that Macedonian was a north-western Greek and mainly a Doric dialect."
only from Wiki I found 3, except the Greek academics

AREN'T THEY RESPECTIVE? AREN"T THEY SCIENTISTS? AREN"T THEY ACADEMICS?

you remind me what Jesus told,
you cut to pieces a mosquito to observe it, and you swallow the camel but did not notice,

AND I ASK YOU,
EVEN BEFORE PHILLIP WE FIND A DORIC LANGUAGE, WE FIND THE ASPIRATIONS, WE KNOW THAT IS LANGUAGE OF COMMON PEOPLE WRITEN IN BOTLES AND SPELLS (low class low education peoples,)
we have lexicon of that language from the times of Alexandreia and we have smash the mosquito,
and you want me to swallow your camel of a possible, non proven theories, with germanic not even celtic aspirations that they were Albanians?

now its late
go to sleep and dream that you are a Greek, of Illyrian ancestry that speaks Albanian

but before read this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pella_curse_tablet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Macedonian_language

it will do you good.
you see day by day our knowledge increase, also our judgement, so take a look by your shelf
I understand the words, do you? or you need translator?

YOU SEE GREEK KOINE IS EVOLUTION OF MAKEDONIAN DIALECT

besides only the testimony of Livy is enough.

sweet dreams,

Καρυατιδες Caryatids

the most know are the parthenon Akropolis

1381891_b.jpg

in Amfipolis found 2,

amfipoli.jpg

name and origin

the oldest caryatids were found in Sifnos treasury,
Caryatids are consider as Ionian while dorian prefered Atlas

caryatids existance give a religious or economical colour, we find them mostly in treasuries, or in holy places or next to temples,
at least I never heard about a caryatid inside a temple, although the besides room or in pre-entrances we can see,

the name is given by a Roman Vitruvius Pollio, cause he compare them with the female dancers of Karya (Laconia), they dance with a flat dish in their head full of flowers, and legs almost tied,
it is said that he call girls from Karya from peloponese when he designed Pantheon so to have live models
until that day they named as Kορη.

that makes the Amfipolis tomp strange,

1rst we have the lion without tongue (no speaking meaning never tell who or what) means a male a king or generals tomp
2nd we have sphinx simmilar to Euridice (grand mother of Alexander) means female tomp
3rd caryatids means a holy place, a dedication to gods
4rth red mosaic in floor and Makedonian roses show Makedonian creation as tomp, but also as palace!!!!!!!

the news give that a 4rth wall is found, which mean more agony.

Now about the owners,
many scientists said the possibilities,
I will mention which proposed or reject who,
simply I will put a max and a min %

1. Alexander the Great min

2. Roxane wife of Alexander max

3. Phillip the 3rd brother of Kassandros Cassander min

4. Alexander the 4rth son of Alexander max

5. Olympias mother of Alexander min

6. Kassandros Cassander min

7. Αντιγονος Α κυκλωψ Antigonus the monophtalmos max

8. Ηφαιστιων Hephaestion Alexander's best friend min

9. Ηρακλης hercules son of Alexander with Barsine min

10. Πολυσπερχων Polisperchon Phillip's general max

11. Nεαρχος nearchus Alexanders admiral max

12. ΛΑομεδων Laomedon Alexanders Admiral max

13. Ανδροσθενης Androsthenes Alexander's admiral max

14 Brasidas of Sparta min

15. Αγνωνας Agnon Athenean general min

16. An empty tomp/memorial max.

My educated guess is that there was a relation between Thracian and Illyrian populations with Macedonians of antiquity. As far as I have read that relation was not too distant,
Since both Thracians and Illyrians cluster predominantly E v13 there is greater chance of Alexander being E v13. But again just an educated guess, nothing scientific. Its a good chance of him being preGermanic I since Macedonians since the present day population of that region today ha a higher percentage of that haplogroup,

that is something which I checked these days,
indeed there is big possibility to be I1
finally something we may agree.

there is a part of Greeks which belong to palaiolithic people next to sardinians and they are mostly I1 y-Dna

although to me G2a R1b and surpisengly R1a is more possible
I exclude all J and E possibilities, but an I1 possibility you mention might be

but first must know who is inside

the first look in 3rd chamber

the chamber is in limited conditions to crush,
that will stop the further excavations until the chamber roof stabilize,
it is because in the one part (south) the above soil is about 2,5 meters while in the other (north) is about 12-13 meters.

in the photos you see the conditions of the chamber, and the situation of the static limit,
the massive stone bricks as you see broke and many times the empty among them is big, while due to weight and pressure we see split of smaller outside surface pieces

a8d64b1bbffb1980510c5d9f8c2a4803.JPG

964a36c0e05fff70fd94547ff207d14c.JPG

f5bf194c3447bec204757d6b93a53971.JPG

Last edited:
They spoke a language which was understood by Illyrians and Thracians. So a language of the same family.
The last recorded time of Macedonian language spoken in Macedonia is 4th century AD.

Any evidence of that claim? It is very simple. You and many other Albanians don't need to go out of your way on forums like these and write all of your claims. Scientific evidence is a blow in the face. You really don't need to convince anyone if the evidence is there. So please, show us evidence of a Macedonian languange not akin to Greek. It would be very helpful to us.

well works to stabilize the statics of tomp continue.

2 more interesting photos

entuposiaki-anaparastasi-tou-tafou-tis-amfipolis.JPG

until now they are at 3rth chamber, they see the gate, but possibly is a 4rth chamber.

newego_LARGE_t_1101_54399841_type12128.jpg

this is what we call Greek foot, again we find it for another time, thousands to myriads times to who knows how many?
the soes are the typical κοθορνος/κοθορνοι cothurnus, in red and yellow,

dyoooo.jpg

the height is more than 2 meters, they stand on an βαθρο, a column

Now a new scenario is on loose.

the karyatid existance seems to pass the excavations to another lvl,
according to new hypothetical theories, the Caryatids show the Artemis (diana) style, since their difference is obvious,
that follows the Makedonian religion upon which Artemis was the protecting godess, who fly over the battle,
in that case we might have something unexpected here,
a temple of Artemis, closed by Christians,
yet all are still theories,

Last edited:
Any evidence of that claim? It is very simple. You and many other Albanians don't need to go out of your way on forums like these and write all of your claims. Scientific evidence is a blow in the face. You really don't need to convince anyone if the evidence is there. So please, show us evidence of a Macedonian languange not akin to Greek. It would be very helpful to us.
Many scholars have concluded that the ancient Macedonian language was not a Greek dialect and that it was more or less related to the languages of Macedonia's northern neighbors, the Illyrians and the Thracians. These scholars include Muller and Mayer, writing in the nineteenth century, and Thumb, Thumb-Kieckers, Vasmer, Kacarov, Beshevljev, Budimir, Pisani, Russu, Baric, Poghirc, Chantraine, Katicic, and Nerosnak, writing in the twentieth. Here attention will be given to sources more readily accessible to those who want to inquire further.

This is an article written by Greek linguists. As you can expect they are trying to make the case that Macedonian language is Greek. I am posting only the section where you can find authors and sources that claim otherwise.

[h=2]The speech of the ancient Macedonians, in the light of recent epigraphic discoveries[/h]

[h=3]By Miltiades Hatzopoulos, VI International Symposion on Ancient Macedonia, 1999.[/h]
Modern discussion of the speech of the ancient Macedonians began in 1808, when F. G. Sturz published a small book entitled De dialecto macedonica liber (Leipzig 1808), intended to be a scientific enquiry into the position of Macedonian within Greek. However, after the publication of O. Müller’s workÜber die Wohnsitz, die Abstammung und die ältere Geschichte des makedonischen Volks (Berlin 1825), the discussion evolved into an acrimonious controversy -- initially scientific but soon political -- about the Greek or non-Greek nature of this tongue. Diverse theories were put forward:
I) Macedonian is a mixed language either of partly Illyrian origin -- such was the position of Müller himself, G. Kazaroff, M. Rostovtzeff, M. Budimir, H. Baric; or of partly Thracian origin, as it was maintained by D. Tzanoff.
II) Macedonian is a separate Indo-European language. This was the opinion of V. Pisani, I. Russu, G. Mihailov, P. Chantraine, I. Pudic, C. D. Buck, E. Schwyzer, V. Georgiev, W. W. Tarn and of O. Masson in his youth.
III) But according to most scholars Macedonian was a Greek dialect. This view has been expanded by F. G. Sturz, A. Fick, G. Hatzidakis, O. Hoffmann, F. Solmsen, V. Lesny, Andriotis, F. Geyer, N. G. L. Hammond, N. Kalleris, A. Toynbee, Ch. Edson and O. Masson in his mature years.

well works to stabilize the statics of tomp continue.

2 more interesting photos

entuposiaki-anaparastasi-tou-tafou-tis-amfipolis.JPG

until now they are at 3rth chamber, they see the gate, but possibly is a 4rth chamber.

newego_LARGE_t_1101_54399841_type12128.jpg

this is what we call Greek foot, again we find it for another time, thousands to myriads times to who knows how many?
the soes are the typical κοθορνος/κοθορνοι cothurnus, in red and yellow,

dyoooo.jpg

the height is more than 2 meters, they stand on an βαθρο, a column

Now a new scenario is on loose.

the karyatid existance seems to pass the excavations to another lvl,
according to new hypothetical theories, the Caryatids show the Artemis (diana) style, since their difference is obvious,
that follows the Makedonian religion upon which Artemis was the protecting godess, who fly over the battle,
in that case we might have something unexpected here,
a temple of Artemis, closed by Christians,
yet all are still theories,

This findings are amazing. A culmination of the greatness of the Greek culture. But the property of a not Greek population.

This findings are amazing. A culmination of the greatness of the Greek culture. But the property of a not Greek population.

katadesmos.jpg

thank you,
by hearing that from you, I am certain now,
kisses, I love you too

katadesmos.jpg

thank you,
by hearing that from you, I am certain now,
kisses, I love you too

No one is trying to diminish the stature of Antique Hellenic culture. This is another show of the greatness of that culture. Hellenes own the monopoly of antiquity. But when it comes to Emadhia (alb translation;The big one) many questions arise.
They are not questions from Albanians but from well known world historians and linguists.

This thread has been viewed 65487 times.

Back