New Archaiological discoverie in Makedonian tomps, could be Great Alexander's family?

Who you believe is the owner of the tomp?

• Alexander the great

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Roxane Alexander's wife

• Alaxandros 4rth son of Alexander

• Heracles son of Alexander

• Olympias mother of alexander

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Phillip 3rd son of Phillip 2 (other wife)

• Kassandros son of antipatros

• Hephaestion Alexander's friend

• Antigonos monophtalmos Alexander's general

• Polyperchon Phillip 2 general

• Androsthenes Alexander's admiral

• Nearchos Alexander's admiral

• Laomedon Alexander's admiral

• Agnon and Athenean army

• Brasidas and spartan army

• an empty memorial tomp

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Many scholars have concluded that the ancient Macedonian language was not a Greek dialect and that it was more or less related to the languages of Macedonia's northern neighbors, the Illyrians and the Thracians. These scholars include Muller and Mayer, writing in the nineteenth century, and Thumb, Thumb-Kieckers, Vasmer, Kacarov, Beshevljev, Budimir, Pisani, Russu, Baric, Poghirc, Chantraine, Katicic, and Nerosnak, writing in the twentieth. Here attention will be given to sources more readily accessible to those who want to inquire further.

I won't go in it to much detail in historians who may have had second thoughts about the Macedonian language. I am talking about primary evidence.
You are speaking of a Macedonian language not akin to Greek. Would you care showing us a specimen of it? All we have is the names the Macedonians used for themselves, their pets, the place names and and name of their kingdom (all Greek) and the Pella curse tablet (Dorian north-west Greek) uncovered in Macedonia. The latter nailed the coffin on many who may have had some second thoughts before that.

We are talking about a people who have conquered the known world and have left nothing but Greek elements, from Greece to India. I would have expected they had left something of their unique language.
All the rest is secondary and speculative. I would have absolutely nothing against evidence of them speaking a non-Greek language. Find me the evidence and I'll be with you.

I won't go in it to much detail in historians who may have had second thoughts about the Macedonian language. I am talking about primary evidence.
You are speaking of a Macedonian language not akin to Greek. Would you care showing us a specimen of it? All we have is the names the Macedonians used for themselves, their pets, the place names and and name of their kingdom (all Greek) and the Pella curse tablet (Dorian north-west Greek) uncovered in Macedonia. The latter nailed the coffin on many who may have had some second thoughts before that.

We are talking about a people who have conquered the known world and have left nothing but Greek elements, from Greece to India. I would have expected they had left something of their unique language.
All the rest is secondary and speculative. I would have absolutely nothing against evidence of them speaking a non-Greek language. Find me the evidence and I'll be with you.

There is hard evidence of Macedonians being non Greeks. Greek historians wrote that they (Macedonians) spoke a language that Greeks did not understand. Had it been a dialect of Greek there would have been some words Greeks understood.
I know Greeks like that Macedonian language to be a dialect of Greek but it is not.
You want to have fun kidding yourself, do it, but the issue is never going to go away.
A great majority of scholars including a Greek historian from Columbia university.
It really makes no sense discussing further this topic.
You keep your views, I am not changing mines,.

You still live in a period before Pella Tablet?

There is hard evidence of Macedonians being non Greeks. Greek historians wrote that they (Macedonians) spoke a language that Greeks did not understand. Had it been a dialect of Greek there would have been some words Greeks understood.
I know Greeks like that Macedonian language to be a dialect of Greek but it is not.
You want to have fun kidding yourself, do it, but the issue is never going to go away.
A great majority of scholars including a Greek historian from Columbia university.

Sorry.

from Plutarch
«πάσαι μεν αι τήδε γυναίκες ένοχοι τοις Ορφικοίς ούσαι και τοις περί τον Διόνυσον οργιασμοίς εκ του πάνυ παλαιού, Κλώδωνές τε και Μιμαλλόνες επωνυμίαν έχουσαι, πολλά ταις Ηδωνίσι και ταις περί τον Αίμον Θρήσσαις όμοια δρώσιν»

«Το ότι ο Αλέξανδρος στην καταγωγή από την πλευρά του πατέρα του ήταν απόγονος του Ηρακλή, από τον Κάρανο, και από την πλευρά της μητέρας του ήταν απόγονος του Αιακού, από το Νεοπτόλεμο, δεν αμφισβητείται σχεδόν από κανέναν.»

try to read plutarch

Olympias was an Aekis from Αιακος Aeacidae. Achileus Neoptolemos (Πυρρος) Πυρρος In Makedonian means readhair κεβληπυρις (redhead bird)
her real name was Μυρταλη from μυρτιλλον tree (myrtacae)

so your dream about the Illyrian origin of Alexander again vanish in thin air,
Olympias follow the religion of Dionysos,

Sorry.

from Plutarch
«πάσαι μεν αι τήδε γυναίκες ένοχοι τοις Ορφικοίς ούσαι και τοις περί τον Διόνυσον οργιασμοίς εκ του πάνυ παλαιού, Κλώδωνές τε και Μιμαλλόνες επωνυμίαν έχουσαι, πολλά ταις Ηδωνίσι και ταις περί τον Αίμον Θρήσσαις όμοια δρώσιν»

«Το ότι ο Αλέξανδρος στην καταγωγή από την πλευρά του πατέρα του ήταν απόγονος του Ηρακλή, από τον Κάρανο, και από την πλευρά της μητέρας του ήταν απόγονος του Αιακού, από το Νεοπτόλεμο, δεν αμφισβητείται σχεδόν από κανέναν.»

try to read plutarch

Olympias was an Aekis from Αιακος Aeacidae. Achileus Neoptolemos (Πυρρος) Πυρρος In Makedonian means readhair κεβληπυρις (redhead bird)
her real name was Μυρταλη from μυρτιλλον tree (myrtacae)

so your dream about the Illyrian origin of Alexander again vanish in thin air,
Olympias follow the religion of Dionysos,

Today is getting ridiculous reading various forums what people write. From West to East some Balkan (even non-Balkan) people claim that Alexander the Great was member of their nation. Evidence is not important, only what they want to say. Madness or what.

Pella tablet gave new proof that Ancient Macedonian was North Western Greek dialect, part of the Doric dialect. If someone wants evidence he or she can see, but there are people who are not interested in evidence, just what they imagined.

According to current knowledge of science, there is a probability Alexander the Great was (North Western) Greek and E-V13 carrier. Evidence derived indirectly which means that there is a probability of error. With every new discovery (genetic, archeological, linguistic etc.) we are closer to conclusion that Macedonians were North Western Greek tribe.

Today is getting ridiculous reading various forums what people write. From West to East some Balkan (even non-Balkan) people claim that Alexander the Great was member of their nation. Evidence is not important, only what they want to say. Madness or what.

Pella tablet gave new proof that Ancient Macedonian was North Western Greek dialect, part of the Doric dialect. If someone wants evidence he or she can see, but there are people who are not interested in evidence, just what they imagined.

According to current knowledge of science, there is a probability Alexander the Great was (North Western) Greek and E-V13 carrier. Evidence derived indirectly which means that there is a probability of error. With every new discovery (genetic, archeological, linguistic etc.) we are closer to conclusion that Macedonians were North Western Greek tribe.

that area is full of R1a, which follows the road that Dorians took even to Italy,
E-V13 in Makedonia has the low %
G2a has enough,
Makedonia was not favorite with Kadmeians.
it is more complex,
the I1 is possible, since I1 and PC**** have a connection

The Athenians were snobs who pretended not to understand provincial dialects of Greek. That means nothing. Everywhere Alexander's armies went, they left inscriptions in Greek.

All known written texts in the GDL (Grand Duchy of Lithuania) was in Ruthenian. But Gediminas and his clan were native Lithuanians. So written language alone does not prove things.

Having said that he might as well be Greek.

All known written texts in the GDL (Grand Duchy of Lithuania) was in Ruthenian. But Gediminas and his clan were native Lithuanians. So written language alone does not prove things.

Having said that he might as well be Greek.

Quite a misplaced comparison. In this case we do have an account of a Lithuanian language (among others). In the case of the Macedonians, we don't have anything non-Greek. Not even their (place) names, gods, calendar etc.

Hence I said to those who doubt that I am open to evidence. Given what the Macedonians have left behind, the burden is on upon those who doubt the Greekness of the Macedonians to provide the evidence.

that area is full of R1a, which follows the road that Dorians took even to Italy,
E-V13 in Makedonia has the low %
G2a has enough,
Makedonia was not favorite with Kadmeians.
it is more complex,
the I1 is possible, since I1 and PC**** have a connection

There was one study involving and Greek researchers.

Quite a misplaced comparison. In this case we do have an account of a Lithuanian language (among others). In the case of the Macedonians, we don't have anything non-Greek. Not even their (place) names, gods, calendar etc.

Hence I said to those who doubt that I am open to evidence. Given what the Macedonians have left behind, the burden is on upon those who doubt the Greekness of the Macedonians to provide the evidence.

This is the essence.

Ancient Macedonian is North Western Greek dialect according to evidence.

Attempts at inventing fairy tales, manipulations, constructions can be used only for fun and jokes, for serious discussion are needed facts.

well works to stabilize the statics of tomp continue.

2 more interesting photos

until now they are at 3rth chamber, they see the gate, but possibly is a 4rth chamber.

newego_LARGE_t_1101_54399841_type12128.jpg

this is what we call Greek foot, again we find it for another time, thousands to myriads times to who knows how many?
the soes are the typical κοθορνος/κοθορνοι cothurnus, in red and yellow,

What a great findings, It would be really interested to see about their DNA, I think Alexander was a Native and not either R1b Celts, R1a Slavs, and J2 Middle East.
This also correlates with a shape of a foot and toes if this is true please see below
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ0_x-6TK98

Therefore i think (just my opinion) that Alexanders DNA is E-V13

well works to stabilize the statics of tomp continue.

2 more interesting photos

until now they are at 3rth chamber, they see the gate, but possibly is a 4rth chamber.

newego_LARGE_t_1101_54399841_type12128.jpg

this is what we call Greek foot, again we find it for another time, thousands to myriads times to who knows how many?
the soes are the typical κοθορνος/κοθορνοι cothurnus, in red and yellow,

What a great findings, It would be really interested to see about their DNA, I think Alexander was a Native and not either R1b Celts, R1a Slavs, and J2 Middle East.
This also correlates with a shape of a foot and toes if this is true please see below
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ0_x-6TK98

IMO, Alexanders DNA is J2b2, its the only marker among the ancient macedonians and ancient thracian ( only true thracians where in modern Bulgaria ), that can be classified as this south-east balkan marker

---------------------------------IMO, Alexanders DNA is J2b2

As far as I know, people were already mixed enough in those times to make any guess work difficult. We would only know when the tests are carried out......if they will ever be.

Reactions: Ike
there no significsnt discoveries yet, since archaologists are searching the soil that was extracted from the tomp.
and engineers help the static stability of the building

except this

amfipoli-antistrofi-metrisi-gia-tin-eisodo-ston-tetarto-xoro.jpg

a typical door of 14 cm marble whichis typical in most ancient tomps,

the photo is how the engineers stabilize the domus and secure the static force balance.

amfipoli-antistrofi-metrisi-gia-tin-eisodo-ston-tetarto-xoro.jpg

ok

it is sunday I do not know why today,

the mosaic of the chamber behind Klodones (caryatides)

2166148_b.jpg

the question?

who is driving Hermes to underground world?

the god, the chariot, the dead,

THE god, is Hermes, the ψυχοπομπος, the one who carries the souls to the underground world,
we can see his wing sandals, and his κηρυκειο, the known hermes scepter,

amf5121014.jpg

the dead, he wears a δαφνινο στεφανι, laurel wreath,

amfipoli_psifidoto_4.jpg

dimensions 3 χ 4,5 m
the mosaic is destroyed in centre in a shape of circle with 0.80 m diameter, but all ψηφια, elements are gather by the soil,

as you the picture is surrounded by what architects call ionian wave maiander, and outside by mainders and a kind of maiander which first time I see,

afmipoli_34.jpg

so any guesses for whom the Ehrmes is leading to underworld to be judged?

Last edited:
the aftermath

all day most archaiologists and proffesors and historians post and answer in blogs, news media, facebook, twitter etc,

the aftermath is that with mosaic some question are answered,

It is a tomp
It is Makedonian but after the Phillip,
It has elements of South Greece and Thracian
The owner was very rich, very very rich,

about the mosaic,

most say that is the God Hermes and god Pluto Πλουτων
simmialr is found in Αιγες Aiges the Makedonian capital

image.ashx

so the architect knew that, before create it in Amphipolis,

The God Hermes, wears the Makedonian hat Σκιαδιον, the know berret,

while the difference is that Hermes has wings in feet in one and wings in head in the other

the aftermath

all day most archaiologists and proffesors and historians post and answer in blogs, news media, facebook, twitter etc,

the aftermath is that with mosaic some question are answered,

It is a tomp
It is Makedonian but after the Phillip,
It has elements of South Greece and Thracian
The owner was very rich, very very rich,

about the mosaic,

most say that is the God Hermes and god Pluto Πλουτων
simmialr is found in Αιγες Aiges the Makedonian capital

image.ashx

so the architect knew that, before create it in Amphipolis,

The God Hermes, wears the Makedonian hat Σκιαδιον, the know berret,

while the difference is that Hermes has wings in feet in one and wings in head in the other

Simply amazing! You are right, there are rampant rumours coming fast and furious now, the latest credible ones I have seen are directly linking this to Alexander the Great (not his resting place) and there are suggestions that this Hades in the mosaic bears the likeness of Philip II!

With so much going on with Amphipolis, the news of the further confirmation of Tomb II holding the remains of Philip II and his funerary mask has almost been overlooked!

http://news.discovery.com/history/a...-the-greats-father-confirmed-found-141009.htm

Well it certain that tomp was looted,
and not only,
but also destroyed, and sealed,
personally I believe by Christians at 5-6th century, I repeat personally,

Finally we have a skeleton,

tafos_2_12112014215145.JPG

tafos_3_12112014215108.JPG

TafosAmfipoliskitsoSk.jpg

at a secret katakombe under the floor of the last chamber,

mysteries a lot,

the case of no existance of 'sarkophagos' leads to 5 solutions

1. Alexander, they sink him in honey to preserve him until the burial
2. Hephastion, he was mummified so to burried in homeland
3, Olympias, she was not burned by Kassandros
4, the sarkophagos is stolen and the skeleton is from a tomp looter
5, the dead was not a Makedonian, but a local Thracian, or an Athenean colonist, or Brasidas of Sparta,
the most possible is a Thraco-Makedonian, Alexander follower, and a very rich man,

any way the skeleton is gathered and is send for a CSI style investigation first

This thread has been viewed 65317 times.

Back