Pharaoh Tutankhamun, Akhenaten and Amenhotep III were R1b

Wow, what brought back this blast from the past?

The last I heard is that the screen shot could have been just a demo. Until the samples are tested by a few labs around the world we're just speculating.

If he was R1b I would think V-88 would be a much better bet, but who knows? I do, however, find it a bit suspicious that Hawass refused to release the results for Tut, but released the ones for Ramesses III.

If the Hyksos of the Fifteenth Dynasty did carry some forms of R1b, why isn't it possible that they sired some descendants who moved up the ranks and eventually emerged as Pharaohs in a later dynasty? That happened a lot in Egypt. Ramesses I, the founder of the great 19th dynasty, was just a military commander, actually born near the Hyksos capital, and rose to be Pharaoh. Who knows what ydna he carried? We can be sure, however, that all these people were probably autosomally Egyptian; just look at their sculptures.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramesses_I

Or, look at Somerled. Isn't the consensus that he was R1a? Yet he's the great "Celtic" hero against the Norse. The real world is messy and complicated in terms of genetics. People in the past didn't identify with their yDna. Well, most people today don't identify with it either. :) They identify with their culture. The Norse people could have been moving into the area for quite a while. People mate, and not always in the culturally permitted or "legal" ways. Things happen. Look at the mess in the English medieval royal lines. Lots of changes in yDna. Which is the "legitimate" one?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somerled

Anyway, by the 20th dynasty Ramses III was ydna "E1a". Things change.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_haplogroups_of_historic_people#Tutankhamun

According to IGenea he is M269+, so if I had to guess probably somewhere under L23 (L584 & L277) or even PF7562.

According to IGenea he is M269+, so if I had to guess probably somewhere under L23 (L584 & L277) or even PF7562.

That's based on a captured screenshot from a video presentation (the screenshot and the ydna were never mentioned in the presentation), and there's no way of knowing if that was supposed to be his dna or that of some researcher used for explanation purposes. The person who first published that fact admitted that's what how he got the data from which he extrapolated the y lineage.

That's based on a captured screenshot from a video presentation (the screenshot and the ydna were never mentioned in the presentation), and there's no way of knowing if that was supposed to be his dna or that of some researcher used for explanation purposes. The person who first published that fact admitted that's what how he got the data from which he extrapolated the y lineage.
I see, I assumed that IGenea wouldn't list his results and advertise them if they weren't his (really odd).

I see, I assumed that IGenea wouldn't list lists his results and advertise them if they weren't his (really odd).

No one can know if they're his results or not, Leka, because Hawass has never released the official results or confirmed the applicability of that screen shot. You're not doing anything wrong; it's irresponsible of Ignea to list the result without it having been officially released, imo. Just more dishonest advertising. They're also constantly promising more than they can deliver, and not explaining sufficiently what the results mean. Here in the U.S. they play stupid ads of people throwing away their kilts for lederhosen! It's just absolutely asinine.

Its back from the past and you've just scratched the surface.
hyksos were around at the start of egyptian dynastys i bet.
Noah, Abraham, Moses, David an Solomon were all pharoahs.
see they was in the habbit of getting thrown out of everywhere
they went because they liked the 1 god idea and incest.
Another member was king Izates Bar Monabaz = King Jesus.
Josephus hid them away for 2000 years.
If ever a bloke had the means to populate coastal western europe
5000 years ago, my moneys on a pharoah.

I don't understand why don't scientists make a proper study instead of seeing the same restless maps showing the genetic relationship between European countries.
Take some 20-30 ancient mummies per period (Early Dynastic, Old Kingdom, New Kingdom, Alexandrian etc, http://www.history.com/topics/ancient-history/ancient-egypt ) read the Y-Haplogroup through ancient DNA and elaborate more on their history through genetics.

This is all absolute nonsense.

it is amazing how much nonsense can condense itself in one post like that hahahahhaaahha.

Based on a recent study, the ancient Egyptians were genetically Middle Eastern and closest to modern Egyptians, Levantines, and Arabians.

This article states multiple races could have blonde or red hair, pale skin and light eyes
http://www.ancestraljourneys.org/looks.shtml
Please note South East Baltic were there is a max of these features has sharp increase of archeological artifacts dating 1-2c AC. Scandinavia with UK had big impact of the Migration period that followed with Vendel.

This article states multiple races could have blonde or red hair, pale skin and light eyes
Please note South East Baltic were there is a max of these features has sharp increase of archeological artifacts dating 1-2c AC. Scandinavia with UK had big impact of the Migration period that followed with Vendel.

Enough with spamming multiple threads with posts about your obsession with blonde hair and blue eyes. If you continue you're going to get more and more infractions.

Get a life.

Enough with spamming multiple threads with posts about your obsession with blonde hair and blue eyes. If you continue you're going to get an infraction and the posts will be removed as spam. Got it?

Get a life.

As this came up in another thread- the STR based result is confirmed by researchers with access to the samples:

https://www.researchgate.net/public...aternal_lineages_in_King_Tutankhamun's_family

C0AFA04F-7A2F-415A-9EFE-095AD7436B3A.jpg

C71A4B6E-31BE-4FC5-859E-8577877AFFE8.jpg

This thread has been viewed 146916 times.

Back