My average faces by countries (composite/morphes)

Morphs do not provide accurate average phenotypes basically because samplings are much too small. There can also be significant intra-country differences by region.

Well, to put it this way: The interesting thing is, from my very point of view, that when you morph all the footballplayers of certain countries to one average together, I think they all get more similiar to each other. Except for the one of Turkey, they could all easily pass as German in the streets Germany, without getting noticed. If they said they are German, everyone here would believe them:

Scotland

12 images

England

36 images

France

16 images

Netherlands

8 images

Sweden

12 images

Greece

24 images

Turkey

16 images

italy

48 images

Argentine

32 images

Spain

96 images

Spain
24 images

Only the morph of Turkey is one exception, but only due to his darker skin. If his skin was lighter, he could pass as German, too. And I guess this also applies for other European countries.

But why would someone want to morph all footballplayers together? There is not the Italian, but there are many types of Italians which are all typical for the country. And this is what I think the richness of a nation is about: variety!

As I've said previously, outdoor athletes are terrible samples, for obvious reasons.

much larger sample per country is needed than a football team and some kind of clustering algorithm because one cannot group all faces of a country in single chunk...

plus, football players are not always in origin from country for which they play... E.g. Slovenia has many players who origin from Serbia, Bosnia, think from Croatia as well....

It looks like the same guy.

This thread has been viewed 42250 times.

Back