Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Joe Biden's Presidency

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

No worries, I figured that could have been the case. :)

Elite member

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E1b1b/ E-V22

Ethnic group
    North Sea Germanic

Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    No worries, I figured that could have been the case. :)
    Nevertheless your answer was pretty good! 👍🏻

Elite member

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E1b1b/ E-V22

Ethnic group
    North Sea Germanic

We don't have a need for a lecture in 'government structure' of the US, I know the headlines....

The point is that a president, even more in the US than in Europe, 'can make the difference' although he is not directly responsible for implementation (and that governors play a big part in it).
    Last edited by Northener; 28-03-21 at 21:56.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2-M223
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H2A3

Ethnic group
    Italian-Siicly-South

Angela:

I think former President Obama is pulling the strings, along with all of his team that was there when Biden was VP.

Elite member

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E1b1b/ E-V22

Ethnic group
    North Sea Germanic

Quote Originally Posted by Palermo Trapani View Post
    Angela:

I think former President Obama is pulling the strings, along with all of his team that was there when Biden was VP.
    Sounds not weird in that sense that Biden was VP in the Obama years. My impression from over the sea is that Biden has taken more initiatives in the first 100 days than average for new presidents (so not sleepy Joe) and most of all some sense of decency is back in the White House.

Just an impression of an European.....
    Last edited by Northener; 29-03-21 at 15:02.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2-M223
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H2A3

Ethnic group
    Italian-Siicly-South

Northerner: Thanks, I think it makes sense (again at least to me! as I said it). I don't know who is Biden's National Security Council team as most of them have not been approved. My guess is Susan Rice is the one doing the major lifting there (again part of Obama's NSC). I think the Attorney General got approved last week, Garland, who was President Obama's pick to replace in my view, the late, great Judge Scalia for the US Supreme Court.

Ethnic group
    Italian

1 members found this post helpful.
    It is PROFOUNDLY undemocratic for unknown, unelected people to be running this country.

I am seriously worried about the future. When Wilson was so terribly ill his wife hid it from almost everyone and virtually ran the country herself for some time. That was a disgrace, but here we're talking about FOUR years, and we also have things like nuclear codes.

Btw his cheat sheet is in 14 point type and he still can't read it half the time. If it weren't so tragic it would be funny.

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2-M223
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H2A3

Ethnic group
    Italian-Siicly-South

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    It is PROFOUNDLY undemocratic for unknown, unelected people to be running this country.

I am seriously worried about the future. When Wilson was so terribly ill his wife hid it from almost everyone and virtually ran the country herself for some time. That was a disgrace, but here we're talking about FOUR years, and we also have things like nuclear codes.

Btw his cheat sheet is in 14 point type and he still can't read it half the time. If it weren't so tragic it would be funny.
    I agree 100% it is undemocratic. But ole Joe is not all there or here, etc, He was a front person for the DEMS to win, Warren or Harris would not have won. Black vote and other Minorities did not support either in the DEM primaries and would not have come out for the National election. Biden had Obama's imprimatur since he was his VP for 8 years. The DEMS best way to somewhat bring back the Obama coalition to defeat Trump, even though Joe is not running the country. He is a Figure head, in my view.

Elite member

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E1b1b/ E-V22

Ethnic group
    North Sea Germanic

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post

The task is indeed big! No doubt....but was there a time when the challenges were easy!?

Indeed Wilson well that's a while ago and still the US is still alive and kicking. So no reason for panic.

Good leadership is may be knowing your own limits, and I guess that Biden knows that.

About the challenges for him? (not from woke or the left but from The Economist):

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234