Documentary : Fahrenheit 9/11

Ghost said:
""Also, I didn't realize that you were American. Sorry about that.""

Its all right, I get that a lot.

Heh, I guess that's a good thing, then, being in an anti-American environment. :cool:

Golgo_13 said:
I don't know why anyone would pay $10 to see this propaganda garbage.

Because without seeing it, you cannot intelligently discuss/decry it. It's like saying, "all rock n roll sucks" without ever hearing a song for yourself.

And you don't have to pay 10...I saw it for 6. I think the less money Moore gets from it the better.

Glenn said:
personal attacks are not only not welcome here, but they are far less constructive than political debates between two people with differing views. Please keep things civil.

That wasn't a personal attack. If it was, it would have been directed at someone.
And there's no real way to tell who I was directing that to. The only thing I posted, in regards to my own personal political beliefs, was that I will not be voting for George Bush. That doesn't mean that I think everyone who will is a "f***** idiot".......

I apologize if you took that personally. It wasn't intended as a personal attack.......just me typing out the thoughts in my head after I read some of the posts on this thread.

My thoughts.

1. As the movie goes, it's certainly propaganda. But as a piece of filmmaking, it's better than all the other crap Hollywood has released in the past four years. It's a documentary that's causing all this fuss, people.

2. In this country, no one likes to be told what they can and cannot do by anyone. Especially when it relates to the First Admendment. When people try preventing other people from seeing it of their own accord, as evidenced by reports of some theaters receiving threats from political zealots against airing the movie (news link to follow when I find it,) then it makes you feel angry. And curious. And you go to see it because your previous mood of apathy has suddenly vanished.

3. The fact that there was not a single Republican candidate running against President Bush during the Republican nomination process angers me. No one stepped up to bat. Why is that?

4. No one has sued Michael Moore for slander or libel for this movie. Everyone's so pissed off at him but no one has the balls to take him to court? What does that mean, his facts are real? Misguided and slanted, but not enough to sue him over it?

5. The Bush daughters aren't that hot. Clinton's daughter had a better smile.

6. Presidential elections are an open primary. Anyone can vote for whomever made it to the list. Such is America.

Reactions: Duo
pk_81 said:
That wasn't a personal attack. If it was, it would have been directed at someone.
And there's no real way to tell who I was directing that to. The only thing I posted, in regards to my own personal political beliefs, was that I will not be voting for George Bush. That doesn't mean that I think everyone who will is a "f***** idiot".......

I apologize if you took that personally. It wasn't intended as a personal attack.......just me typing out the thoughts in my head after I read some of the posts on this thread.

The point is that jumping into a discussion with "there are some ******* idiots on this board" is counterproductive and insulting. Sure, you didn't direct it at any one person, so where does that leave everyone? No matter how you justify it, it was something that didn't need to be said. Aside from that, if you aren't going to state you personal beliefs, then you shouldn't be criticizing others'. If you were in a conversation in which you were being serious and stating what you really believe, and someone just jumped in and said, "wow, there are some ******* idiots in this world," how would that make you feel? They may not be talking about you, but how would you know that?

All of that aside, this forum tries to encourage respect for others and to foster a peaceful atmosphere in which people can speak their minds about things without fearing insults, and if you say "there are some ******* idiots on this board" you are going against both. Saying such a thing can only lead to creating a hostile environment as far as I can see. That is why I responded the way that I did.

I see your point, and I apologize.

I was just offended by what some people were saying, and lashed out.

so I am sorry. to all.

Xkavar said:
1. As the movie goes, it's certainly propaganda. But as a piece of filmmaking, it's better than all the other crap Hollywood has released in the past four years. It's a documentary that's causing all this fuss, people.

2. In this country, no one likes to be told what they can and cannot do by anyone. Especially when it relates to the First Admendment. When people try preventing other people from seeing it of their own accord, as evidenced by reports of some theaters receiving threats from political zealots against airing the movie (news link to follow when I find it,) then it makes you feel angry. And curious. And you go to see it because your previous mood of apathy has suddenly vanished.

3. The fact that there was not a single Republican candidate running against President Bush during the Republican nomination process angers me. No one stepped up to bat. Why is that?

4. No one has sued Michael Moore for slander or libel for this movie. Everyone's so pissed off at him but no one has the balls to take him to court? What does that mean, his facts are real? Misguided and slanted, but not enough to sue him over it?

5. The Bush daughters aren't that hot. Clinton's daughter had a better smile.

6. Presidential elections are an open primary. Anyone can vote for whomever made it to the list. Such is America.

Good point. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I saw this other similar documentary on the US since Bush won, on France 2, and omg, it had shocking stuff like Moore's film. Some things overlaped together, so i don't think that is just propaganda. I don't get why ppl get so pist off, it's just an opinionated documentary. THose who say it's crap, maybe should go and watch it, is like judging a book from it's cover

I thought the movie was good about bringing some issues to people who might not have considered them otherwise.

The stuff about the Bush family's connection to Saudi oil families was interesting, but I'm not sure what conclusions, if any, could be made based on that.

Also it gave the viewer a chance to judge Bush based on his own actions and statements. Sure, they showed some of his lower moments, but that's the media, and they've done that with every politician.

I enjoy the fact that some idiot continues to add to my reputation.
I have an opinion that has been neglected by some who have posted in this thread. If you don't want to be respectful of that then please don't add to my reputation.

At the beginning of this thread, someone pointed out that there is already a thread on Fahrenheit 9/11, but I can't seem to locate it. Could someone direct me to it or provide me with the link? Thanks.

Meanwhile, here are a few good links on this subject:

Michael Moore's web site:

http://www.michaelmoore.com

Fahrenheit 9/11 movie trailer:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/fahrenheit_911

French documentary called The World According to Bush, with movie trailers:

http://www.flachfilm.com/film.php?id_film=79&lang=en

:)

Golgo_13 said:
If I had to choose between President Bush and Michael Moore to lead the U.S. in the fight against terrorism, I would shoot Moore first and narrow down the choice to one.

U think bush is fighting terrorism ?

It's like Alien vs. Predator in some ways: Whoever wins...we lose.

(And because of this, I will still be voting Green.)

From the Philippines? Well, regardless of that, I think that it is imperative to get Bush and his cronies out of the White House. Kerry isn't going to solve all of our problems, but hopefully he can stop the bleeding.

I really liked the film, although the "exposures" were taken out of context (hehe) - we must not forget this.
I really loved Michael Moore's work. I laughed soo much. A good piece of work!! :lol:

*[blablabal...now....watch this drive*] :lol:

I honestly hate Bush and Kerry. With all this stupid smear campaigns, I don't think i'd vote at all when i'm able to, because it's funny what money will do, money will change EVERYTHING because greed runs this whole stupid world.

I wouldn't base my vote or anything on a movie , let alone a Biased one lol. Also Kerry is for the workers union, in which my dad is in so if he wins he'll help or something.

I think Bush and Kerry are stupid :( I think we were best with Clinton because he didn't side with the Israeli's. I swear that I believe that WWIII will be because of the Israeli's and Palestinians and their long lasting conflict. Bush choosing a side only hurt it even more. I hope that some type of agreement will be made soon, and whomever's in office does something about it immediately.

Type-Zero wrote....
I honestly hate Bush and Kerry. With all this stupid smear campaigns, I don't think i'd vote at all when i'm able to, because it's funny what money will do, money will change EVERYTHING because greed runs this whole stupid world.

Bush is the one running the smear campaigns, Kerry just defends himself. Unfortunately, one of the reasons that Republicans are effective is because they play dirty. But I respect that Democrats don't stoop to that level, even though it often leads to their undoing.

Voting for president is like choosing a meal on an airplane. You may not want chicken or fish, but you've got to eat, so CHOOSE!!

(I think I'll make that part of my signature.)

If any of you are interested ...

I found this site while following links to other links to other links ... and so on (well, you know how that goes!). And since I started my search on Michael Moore's web site, I felt this was as good a place as any to post a link to this site. There are several mini political videos on this site, which I believe are excellent and well worth watching. Here is the link:

Eric Blumrich:

http://www.ericblumrich.com/animation.html

Enjoy!
:)

Brooker said:
Voting for president is like choosing a meal on an airplane. You may not want chicken or fish, but you've got to eat, so CHOOSE!!

aaahhh (slouches in chair falling into a happy dream), how much I love being Russian, no decent choice in vote, just one dude who probably tastes the same as the chicken or fish (or maybe even both, creating a heck of a cocktail), no need for decission, analysis, argument, fighting, demonstrating, standing but naked in a city protesting AIDS policy (umm, wait), just one big happy dictator with a cool propoganda machine selling his image to the whole public, while not allowing others to be seen in a good light. :D

This thread has been viewed 3661 times.

Back