Illyrian and Albanian - a linguistic approach

I suggest to the mods, to open a new thread called serv trash.

I suggest to the mods, to open a new thread called serv trash.

a typical comment by one who has lost the argument/discussion

Sile, new thread is open, not to burden this topic with possible Slovenian-Illyrian link.

Illyrian-Slovenian: Messapic/Illyrian descendants of Slovenian, studies of Slovenia

http://www.eupedia.com/forum/thread...-descendants-of-Slovenian-studies-of-Slovenia

ok ................i will check out the site

http://www.britannica.com/place/Illyria

the bulk of illyrian sites are in Bosnia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illyrians#/media/File:PrehistoricIllyriansMap.jpg

proto-illyrian
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vučedol_culture#/media/File:Vucedol_culture_map.png
Following the Baden culture, another wave of possible Indo-European speakers came to the banks of the Danube. One of the major places they occupied is present-day Vučedol ("Wolf's Valley"), located six kilometers downstream from the town of Vukovar, Croatia. It is estimated that the site had once been home to about 3,000 inhabitants, making it one of the largest and most important European centers of its time.Coordinates:
17px-WMA_button2b.png
45°21′N 19°00′E According to Bogdan Brukner, proto-Illyrians descended from this wave of Indo-European settlers.[3]

You have difficulty in making the difference between North Albania and South Albania. But you insist to discuss about something that you don't know. Ok, you have different "serious" members here to continue your discussion. Or is just one with different accounts?

Last edited:
I expected more from you, this is disappointing.

Once dumb always dumb. There is nothing more demeaning than being ignorant of biblical proportion like yourself. Such a detestable and deplorable like-minded individual deserve to be publicly ridiculed for his sheer ignorance and unwillingness to come to terms with the truth.

South Illyrians (in North and Middle Albania) can have link with Albanian make sense, because geographical sense (Fortson uses this term)

Another nerve-wracking drivel coming out of a disgruntled Chetnik with his riddled English. You can't reduce, you weasel, the Illyrian link by stating that it makes only geographical sense. The most palpable evidence is historical: history affords no inkling to any major arrival into present-day Albanian territories which plainly means that Albanians are by and large offspring of the previous populace, as Cika Cima soundly argued.

Authors who are not Albanians, in the West and in the East, today are very careful, nothing is surely but only probably, possible, maybe, doubtful, questionable etc

Just because there is a degree of uncertainity, this does not mean that we can take flight on a poetic license and look for its origin as far as Cacucasus. The prepondorance of proffesional studies have resonably deduced that Albanians are derived from the old Illyrian populace which escaped from both Hellenization and Romanization.I really have no intention of busting my nuts to find as many examples as possible to indicate the prevalence of this view amongst current scholars. You can do the work yourself. No current theory nor any literary source speak of any migration of the Albanians into the modern region. The likeliest point of ther origin is within Albania, Kosovo, Southern Serbia and northern Macedonia. This the explanation accpeted by nearly all indepedent scholars who have studied this problem. Unfortunately that question has been bedeviled by misplaced pride of Serbian quasi-historians who are pretty coveteous to show Albanians as having entered in Kosovo at the same time with the Slavic invasion. Clutching at straws, I would say.

It has same weight as hypothesis that Albanians came from Romania, or that Albanians had link with Thracians, Free Dacians etc.

knock it off, you pecuilar nuisance. its getting tiresome to hear your ignorance going like a crocked record. It would be mindnumbingly stupid to waste my time with an idiot who can barely string two words together into anything remotely resembling English.

marjeta sasel kos

Why do I get the feeling you're that type of person you're the type of person that goes through an entire book and comes away learning nothing from it, just more head scratching. I have yet to see any of you approach a debate with faintest degree of civility, its like you can not handle any claim that goes against what's been bred into you. Eat crow now:

Capture.png

Marjeta Sasel Kos, Cadmus and Harmonia in Illyria.

I can just see Garick's heart just breaking up into a thousand pieces everytime he looks at his sources which provide the contrary, then kneeling in dejection looking at the heavens and crying "zaaaaaašto je Boooog"!

These authors speak what is problem, a lot of words Albanian borrowed from other languages and small part, one of twelve words, is Albanian. It is big barrier for researchers.

it irks me to think how this oddball takes off liberty to talk so assuredly of things which he got the faintest idea. You despicable ignorant, get into your thick skull, Albanian has certain layers of borrowings which can be outlined into a chronological framework: Greek borrowings which intruded the first, followed by Latin, Gothic and Slavic ones. The fact that Albanian has some Greek loans (mostly North-West Greek) and an extreme Balkan structural type suggests a long presence in the Balkan peninsula. But again, to whom I am talking to?

Albanian and Indo-Iranian languages have same root. Where Proto Albanian could emerge in that case? In the Balkans? It means and Indic and Iranic emerged in the Balkans. No

stop spewing unmitigated drivels, you bloated idiot, you know next to nothing how does it function linguistics, let alone to determine relations between IE languages.

Abeis

Authors who are not Albanians, in the West and in the East, today are very careful, nothing is surely but only probably, possible, maybe, doubtful, questionable etc.

You can see author only writes about possibility, yes it is possible because geographical sense but it is unproved and untested (Kaser uses this term).

We know that hypothesis that South Illyrians (in North and Middle Albania) can have link with Albanian make sense, because geographical sense (Fortson uses this term) but we saw that hypothesis is only hypothesis, it is unproven and untestable.

(Who read Wilkes book for him or her is clear that inhabitants of Illyrian areas in Istria, Panonian plain, Western Serbia, Dalmatia and Bosnia nothing to do with today's Albanians, Wilkes left as possibility that connection exists only in the south of Illyria.)

It has same weight as hypothesis that Albanians came from Romania, or that Albanians had link with Thracians, Free Dacians etc. There are more hypothesis and all are unproved and untestable.

Albanians are mostly wrong to unproven and untested hypothesis tries them as truth, I gave more examples in serious scientific papers where the authors criticize this Albanian uncritical and blind opinion, what is worse proclamed by communist dictator Enver Hoxha.

Here is a key problem for researchers

McWorther

The story of human language

Albanian and Armenian: Black sheep.

Both have borrowed many words from other language groups: only about 1 in 12 Albanian words is native to the language and only about 1 in 4 Armenian ones. Both languages have also wended quite far along their own paths of development. Albanian wasn’t even discovered to be Indo-European until 1854, and Armenian was long thought to be a kind of Persian.

Baugh and Cable

History of the English language

Moreover, our knowledge of Albanian, except for a few words, extends back only as far as the fifteenth century of our era, and, when we first meet with it, the vocabulary is so mixed with Latin, Greek, Turkish, and Slavonic elements—owing to conquests and other causes—that it is somewhat difficult to isolate the original Albanian. For this reason its position among the languages of the Indo-European family was slow to be recognized. It was formerly classed with the Hellenic group, but since the beginning of the present century it has been recognized as an independent member of the family.

These authors speak what is problem, a lot of words Albanian borrowed from other languages and small part, one of twelve words, is Albanian. It is big barrier for researchers.

I don't have much to disagree on up to there, Garrick. However, about the following:

However today researchers use new technologies. Gray & Atkinson using phylogenetic approach got follow result:

family-tree.gif

Albanian and Indo-Iranian languages have same root. Where Proto Albanian could emerge in that case? In the Balkans? It means and Indic and Iranic emerged in the Balkans. No.

Sorry to say that, but even if you make some admissions for the phylogentic method, Gray & Atkinson's tree makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. The only thing that actually makes sense is that the Anatolian languages split first, but the rest of that tree is outright impossible: Italic and Celtic should be closer, for one. Germanic should sit equidistant between Italo-Celtic and Balto-Slavic. Then I wonder where the Baltic languages are (unless, by "Slavic", they actually mean 'Balto-Slavic'). I don't see why Albanian should be closer with Indo-Iranic, other than being Satem languages, Albanian and Indo-Iranic have fairly little in common. One of the key sound changes of Indo-Iranic is the merger of *e and *o with *a - as well as their respective long vowel counterparts. I can tell you for sure that ancient Albanian did preserve the vowels *e and *o.

No.

I gave mostly Western sources.

In science untested and unproved hypothesis cannot be served trues, it doesn't matter where, it is same in science in West, or in East, or in North, or in South, or in Universe.

Albanians here critique Slavic sources for pseudoscience but we see in Western sources criticism Albanian pseudoscience, what is worse, pseudoscience was state project!

Stephanie Schwandner-Sievers, Bernd Jurgen
Albanian Identities: Myths and History

Indiana University Press, US

bzPTNg4.jpg

There are a lot of Slavic countries, they have resources, scientific base, incomparably higher than Albania, which has a fairly very small scientific possibilities in comparison with Slavic countries.

Therefore it is ridiculous that Albanians here in forum Polish, Slovenian, Czech, Slovak, Ukrainian, and all other Slavic scientific institutions and scientists subsumed as pseudoscience.

Marjeta Šašel Kos, Institute of Archaeology, Ljubljana:

Ethnic manipulations with ancient Veneti and Illirians

DPSKwx8.jpg

Dr Marijeta Šašel Kos clearly writes about pseudo-history and false identities, criticizing Albanian scientific circles for ethnic manipulation, also and Slovenian.

In a similar vein and Polish author:

Irena Sawicka, Institute of Slavic studies, Polish Academy of Science, Warshaw

A crossroad between West, East and Orient - The case of Albanian culture

3YR8ZdP.jpg

Author critique Albanian scientific circle that they are absolutely uncritical and that they favored the hypothesis which is absolutely impossible to verify.

We can find tone similar texts but it doesn't matter, a term used by Dr Marijeta Šašel Kos in title of her paper strikes right at the center.

after looking at and studying at the great illyrian revolt, I found that the blue named tribes where the only ones that participated in the revolt of 6AD which lasted 3 years
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:IllyricumAD6RomanConditionofTribes.png

The Dardani seem to be a big tribe ( in red ) as they appear in 3 places

Sorry to say that, but even if you make some admissions for the phylogentic method, Gray & Atkinson's tree makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. The only thing that actually makes sense is that the Anatolian languages split first, but the rest of that tree is outright impossible: Italic and Celtic should be closer, for one. Germanic should sit equidistant between Italo-Celtic and Balto-Slavic. Then I wonder where the Baltic languages are (unless, by "Slavic", they actually mean 'Balto-Slavic'). I don't see why Albanian should be closer with Indo-Iranic, other than being Satem languages, Albanian and Indo-Iranic have fairly little in common. One of the key sound changes of Indo-Iranic is the merger of *e and *o with *a - as well as their respective long vowel counterparts. I can tell you for sure that ancient Albanian did preserve the vowels *e and *o.

A dead-on analysis, Taranis,

I can tell right off the bat that Albanian and Indo-Iranian does not show any obvious relation, beside some isoglosses indicating a period when both speakers were contiguous to one another (Ukraine). A way larger number of commonalities are of recent date: most of them found their way to Albanian during Ottoman period (as Norbert Jokl has observed). Anyhow, it strikes one's eye that both proto-Iranian and paleo-Balkanic languages, including Albanian exemplify the same pattern when it comes to syllabic nasal /n̥/ > /a/. cf. Messap. Basta <*bhn̥dh-t-; alb. gatë <IE *g'hn̥ta-.

I don't have much to disagree on up to there, Garrick.

Thanks Taranis. Someone can see I try to use scientific approach and relevant sources.

However, about the following:

Facts are that authors using phylogenetic method got this result. Phylogenetic method uses cognates as Comparative method but unlike judgement based method used by linguists in past, phylogenetic method uses machine based algoritmes. Yes, we can discuss about their method but it would be wider discussion which goes beyond this threads and requires new threads. And authors tested Anatolian and Kurgan steppe theory. Anatholian theory holds that IE languages spread with the expansion of agriculture about 6000-8000 years before Christ. Using Bayesian Markov chain Monte Carlo method to estimate divergence times authors find support for Anatolian theory. What is interesting authors found evidence for diveregence several speech variety groop at time which is supposed for Kurgan hypothesis.

Are there cognates in Albanian and Iranian languages? Albanian lanuage is descend from Proto-Albanian, today is divided on Gheg and Tosk. Iranian languages ar descended from Proto-Iranian and they are familiar with Indic languages. From Proto Iranian developed a lot of branches and sub-branches, wider categories are Northeastern, Southeastern, Southwestern and Northwestern. If we limit on Northwestern Iranian languages branches are: Kurdish, Zaza-Gorani, Kuri, Balochi, etc., among them are Talish languages which include Azerbaijan and Northern Iran (South Caucasus and area around Caspian sea).

Cognates cannot reflect more recent contact, in that case we don't speak about common ancestry. There are words in Albanian and Talysh. With Turkish more words from Persian entered in Albanian. But Talysh is old language and it is not fully (only partialy) intelliglibe with Persian. Talysh family of languages identify themselves with ancient Cadusians.

Here is several words Talysh and Albanian (thanking one Kurd):

He (Eng.) Ay (Tal.) Ai (Alb.)
There (Eng.) atia (Tal.) atje aty (Alb.)
What (Eng.) cə, ci (Tal.) ç, cila (Alb.)
Where (Eng.) ko, ku (Tal.) ku (Alb.)
Some (Eng.) can (Tal.) ca (Alb.)

Carry (Eng.) bar (Tal.) mbart (Alb.)
Eat (Eng.) har, (Tal.) ha (Alb.)

Water (Eng.) uv, av (Tal.) ujë (Alb.)
Tree (Eng.) dar, du (Tal.) dru (Alb.)

Black (Eng.) sia (Tal.) zi (Alb.)

Give (Eng.) du, due (Tal.) Want (Eng.) dua (Alb.)
Bride (Eng.) vayu (Tal.) Girl (Eng.) Vajzë (Alb.)

We can discuss if these words are borrowed in Albanian, but these are words which do not borrow (or rarely) and very slow change over longer time.

Abeis

Authors who are not Albanians, in the West and in the East, today are very careful, nothing is surely but only probably, possible, maybe, doubtful, questionable etc.

You can see author only writes about possibility, yes it is possible because geographical sense but it is unproved and untested (Kaser uses this term).

We know that hypothesis that South Illyrians (in North and Middle Albania) can have link with Albanian make sense, because geographical sense (Fortson uses this term) but we saw that hypothesis is only hypothesis, it is unproven and untestable.

(Who read Wilkes book for him or her is clear that inhabitants of Illyrian areas in Istria, Panonian plain, Western Serbia, Dalmatia and Bosnia nothing to do with today's Albanians, Wilkes left as possibility that connection exists only in the south of Illyria.)

It has same weight as hypothesis that Albanians came from Romania, or that Albanians had link with Thracians, Free Dacians etc. There are more hypothesis and all are unproved and untestable.

Albanians are mostly wrong to unproven and untested hypothesis tries them as truth, I gave more examples in serious scientific papers where the authors criticize this Albanian uncritical and blind opinion, what is worse proclamed by communist dictator Enver Hoxha.

Here is a key problem for researchers

McWorther

The story of human language

Albanian and Armenian: Black sheep.

Both have borrowed many words from other language groups: only about 1 in 12 Albanian words is native to the language and only about 1 in 4 Armenian ones. Both languages have also wended quite far along their own paths of development. Albanian wasn’t even discovered to be Indo-European until 1854, and Armenian was long thought to be a kind of Persian.

Baugh and Cable

History of the English language

Moreover, our knowledge of Albanian, except for a few words, extends back only as far as the fifteenth century of our era, and, when we first meet with it, the vocabulary is so mixed with Latin, Greek, Turkish, and Slavonic elements—owing to conquests and other causes—that it is somewhat difficult to isolate the original Albanian. For this reason its position among the languages of the Indo-European family was slow to be recognized. It was formerly classed with the Hellenic group, but since the beginning of the present century it has been recognized as an independent member of the family.

However today researchers use new technologies. Gray & Atkinson using phylogenetic approach got follow result:

family-tree.gif

Albanian and Indo-Iranian languages have same root. Where Proto Albanian could emerge in that case? In the Balkans? It means and Indic and Iranic emerged in the Balkans. No.
albanian belongs to no branch other than its own,

Thanks Taranis. Someone can see I try to use scientific approach and relevant sources.

Facts are that authors using phylogenetic method got this result. Phylogenetic method uses cognates as Comparative method but unlike judgement based method used by linguists in past, phylogenetic method uses machine based algoritmes. Yes, we can discuss about their method but it would be wider discussion which goes beyond this threads and requires new threads. And authors tested Anatolian and Kurgan steppe theory. Anatholian theory holds that IE languages spread with the expansion of agriculture about 6000-8000 years before Christ. Using Bayesian Markov chain Monte Carlo method to estimate divergence times authors find support for Anatolian theory. What is interesting authors found evidence for diveregence several speech variety groop at time which is supposed for Kurgan hypothesis.

Are there cognates in Albanian and Iranian languages? Albanian lanuage is descend from Proto-Albanian, today is divided on Gheg and Tosk. Iranian languages ar descended from Proto-Iranian and they are familiar with Indic languages. From Proto Iranian developed a lot of branches and sub-branches, wider categories are Northeastern, Southeastern, Southwestern and Northwestern. If we limit on Northwestern Iranian languages branches are: Kurdish, Zaza-Gorani, Kuri, Balochi, etc., among them are Talish languages which include Azerbaijan and Northern Iran (South Caucasus and area around Caspian sea).

Cognates cannot reflect more recent contact, in that case we don't speak about common ancestry. There are words in Albanian and Talysh. With Turkish more words from Persian entered in Albanian. But Talysh is old language and it is not fully (only partialy) intelliglibe with Persian. Talysh family of languages identify themselves with ancient Cadusians.

Here is several words Talysh and Albanian (thanking one Kurd):

He (Eng.) Ay (Tal.) Ai (Alb.)
There (Eng.) atia (Tal.) atje aty (Alb.)
What (Eng.) cə, ci (Tal.) ç, cila (Alb.)
Where (Eng.) ko, ku (Tal.) ku (Alb.)
Some (Eng.) can (Tal.) ca (Alb.)

Carry (Eng.) bar (Tal.) mbart (Alb.)
Eat (Eng.) har, (Tal.) ha (Alb.)

Water (Eng.) uv, av (Tal.) ujë (Alb.)
Tree (Eng.) dar, du (Tal.) dru (Alb.)

Black (Eng.) sia (Tal.) zi (Alb.)

Give (Eng.) du, due (Tal.) Want (Eng.) dua (Alb.)
Bride (Eng.) vayu (Tal.) Girl (Eng.) Vajzë (Alb.)

We can discuss if these words are borrowed in Albanian, but these are words which do not borrow (or rarely) and very slow change over longer time.
some of these words are shared with romanians.You should dig a little deeper infact i didnt even know some of these words were shared,such as ZI is belived to be a thraco-illyrian word romanians also use this word.
dru / drũ [m] ‘wood; tree; stem, trunk’
PAlb. *dru(n)- {1}
Alb. drỹ [m] (g) ‘lock, door-bolt (of wood)’ {2} (AE 146)
PIE *d(o)ru, root *dr ‘wood’ _+_ (Pok. 214)
Gr. δρυ̃ς ‘tree, oak’
Notes: {1} An analogical -n-stem. {2} PAlb. dru-(i)io

Yep most of these words are from pie.An also shared with latin,ca is romanian also.What you have to understand is that albanian 1 word in albanian can mean 2 or more meanings,Its not as easy as this,But this words you post are a form of pie in albanian or shared with latin an romanians,,

a [1] [particle] (tg) {1} ‘or’
PAlb. *(h)au (AE 69)
PIE *h[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]eu-, root *h[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]u ‘that’ _+_ (Pok. 73)
Gr. αὖ ‘on the other hand, again’
Notes: {1} Proclitic disjunctive particle, used with one or more parts of the sentence.

a [2] [particle] (tg) ‘probably, perhaps’
PAlb. *(h)an (AE 69)
PIE *h[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]en, root *h[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]n ‘there’ _+_ (Pok. 37)
Lat. an ‘yes, perhaps’
Notes: {1} Interrogative particle, usually used proclitically in simple sentences.

a ̊ [3] [particle] (tg) {1} ‘there’
PAlb. *(h)au ̊ (AE 70)
PIE *h[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]eu-, root *h[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]u ‘that’ _+_ (Pok. 73)
Gr. αὖ ‘on the other hand, again’
Notes: {1} Deictic particle, pointing afar, only used in the pronominal system in compounds.

ag [m] (tg) ‘dawn, early morning; black mark round the eyes’
PAlb. *(h)aug-
Alb. agull [m] (g) ‘alba, aurora’ {1} (AE 72)
PIE *h[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]eug-, root *h[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]ug ‘day-light’ _?_ (Pok. 87)
Gr. αὐγή ‘day-light, splendor’
Notes: {1} agull is an Alb. formation with the suffix -ull.

ahë / avë [f] ‘breath; vapour; soul, spirit’
PAlb. *(h)aua̅ {1}
Alb. afsh [m] (tg) ‘breath; vapour, sultriness’ {2}, cf. aft (AE 72)
PIE *h[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]euh[SUB][SIZE=-2]1[/SIZE][/SUB]-o- {3}, root *h[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]uh[SUB][SIZE=-2]1[/SIZE][/SUB] ‘breath, wind’ _?_ (Pok. 81f)
Gr. (Hes.) ἄος . τό πνευ̃μα
Notes: {1} Alb. feminine -stem. {2} afsh is an Alb. formation with the suffix -sh. {3} The Schwebe-ablaut makes the connection uncertain.

aft, aht [m] (tg) ‘breath, vapour, fiery breath of the fire’
PAlb. *(h)auet-, cf. ahë (AE 71)
PIE *h[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]euh[SUB][SIZE=-2]1[/SIZE][/SUB]-et-, root *h[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]uh[SUB][SIZE=-2]1[/SIZE][/SUB] ‘breath’ _?_ (Pok. 81f)
Gr. ἀϋτμή ‘breath, fiery breath, fragrance’; (Hes.) ἀετμόν . τό πνευ̃μα

ah {1} ‘oh, ow(ch) (interjection of pain, annoyance, surprise)’
PAlb. *(h)ai/(h)au (AE 73)
PIE *h[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]ei-/h[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]eu-, root *h[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]i/h[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]u ‘oh!’ _?_ (Pok. 10, 71)
Gr. αἴ ‘oh!’
Lat. au ‘oh!’
Notes: {1} Final -h may be due to emphasis.

ah [m] (tg); hah [m] (g) {1} ‘beech-tree’
PAlb. *(h)ah- (AE 73)
PIE *Hosk- {2} ‘ash-tree’ _+_ (Pok. 783)
Arm. hac‘i ‘ash’
OHG asc ‘ash’
Notes: {1} Only in Bash. {2} Possibly, *h[SUB][SIZE=-2]3[/SIZE][/SUB]esk-.

ai [pron. dem.] (tg) {2} ‘he (there), Lat. ille
PAlb. * ̊i- {1} < QIE *h[SUB][SIZE=-2]1[/SIZE][/SUB]is
Alb. ky [pron] (tg) ‘he (here), Lat. iste’ {3} (AE 73)
PIE *h[SUB][SIZE=-2]1[/SIZE][/SUB]i, root *h[SUB][SIZE=-2]1[/SIZE][/SUB]i ‘he’ _+_ (Pok. 281)
Lat. is ‘he’
Go. is ‘he’
Notes: {1} Reshaped after the fem. or n. stem *h[SUB][SIZE=-2]1[/SIZE][/SUB]ih[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB], h[SUB][SIZE=-2]1[/SIZE][/SUB]id. {2} Demonstrative and personal pronoun. {3} The vowel change of */i/ to /y/ has originated in composition due to assimilation to the preceding sound.

(a)ta [pron Nomsn] {1} (tg) ‘it (there), that, Lat. illud
PAlb. * ̊ta(d)
Alb. këta [pron Nomsn] (tg) ‘it (here), Lat. istud, this’ {2}, cf. k(ë) ̊ (AE 73)
PIE *tod, root *t- ‘it’ _+_ (Pok. 281)
Skt. tád ‘it’
Notes: {1} Demonstrative and relative pronoun. {2} Other old case forms are: acc.sg. m.f. atë, të < *tom, nom.pl. m. ta, ata < *to-, nom.acc.pl. n.f. < *teh[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB], teh[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]ns.

akull [m] (tg) ‘ice, frost’
PAlb. *auK-(ul-) (AE 74)
PIE *Houk- ‘cold, frost’ _?_ (Pok. 783)
Arm. oyc ‘cold’

ãmë [f] (g); amull [m] (g) ‘river-bed, fountain’
PAlb. *habna̅ {1} < QIE *h[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]eb-n-
Alb. hãmull [m] (g) ‘(fish-)pond, still water’; amull [m] (t) ‘(fish-)pond, still water’ (AE 75)
PIE *h[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]ep-, root *h[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]p ‘water, river’ _+_ (Pok. 51)
Lat. amnis ‘river’

ãmë [f] (g) ‘odour, (un)pleasant smell, fragrance’
PAlb. *adma̅
Alb. ãmëz, ãmzë [f] (g) ‘odour, (un)pleasant smell, fragrance’ {1} (AE 76)
PIE *Hod-meh[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB] ‘odour, smell’ _+_ (Pok. 772)
Gr. ὀδμή ‘smell, scent’
Notes: {1} ãmëz, ãmzë are diminutive formations with the suffix -(ë)z(ë).

an [m] (t); ãnë [f] (t); enë [f] (g) ‘vessel, cooker’
PAlb. *(h)aukn-
Alb. anë / ãnë [f] ‘vessel, cooker’; enë [nomplf] (tg) ‘kitchen-utensils’ {1} (AE 76)
PIE *h[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]euk(w)-sno- ‘pot’ _?_ (Pok. 88)
Go. auhns ‘oven’; Skt. ukhá- ‘pot’
Notes: {1} en- is the Alb. plural stem with umlaut of the root vowel < PAlb ani̅̆.

anë / ãnë [f] ‘edge, border, side; party’
PAlb. *(h)ant- {1} (AE 77)
PIE *h[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB](e)nt-, root *h[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]nt ‘front, face’ _+_ (Pok. 48)
Go. und ‘up to’; Skt. antá- ‘edge, border, end’
Notes: {1} Phonetically, the reconstruction *h[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]n̥t-neh[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB] > PAlb. antna̅ is also possible.

ãng [m] (g) ‘nightmare, incubus; anguish; constriction’
PAlb. *ang-
Alb. ãnkth [m] (g) ‘nightmare, incubus; anguish; constriction’ {1}; makth [m] (tg) ‘nightmare, incubus; anguish; constriction’ {2} (AE 79)
PIE *h[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB](o)nǵh-o-, root *h[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]nǵh ‘narrow’ _+_ (Pok. 42)
Lat. ango̅ ‘to cramp (up), constrict’
Notes: {1} An Alb. formation with the diminutive suffix -th. {2} An Alb. formation with the intensifying prefix m(ë)-.

aq [particle] (tg) {1} ‘so much’
PAlb. * ̊kai {2}, cf. a ̊ [3] (AE 80)
PIE *kwoi, root *kw ‘someone; who’ _+_ (Pok. 644)
OLat. quoi ‘which’ {3}
Notes: {1} Comparative particle. From a-q (< Alb. a(u) ki), resulting from the merger of a former syntactic unit. {2} Possibly a plural form of the pronominal stem kwo- which forms indefinite, interrogative and relative pronouns. A reconstruction *kweh[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]i is also possible. {3} Or Lat.quae.

që [pron] (tg) ‘that’
PAlb. *kai {1} (AE 80)
PIE *kwo-, root *kw ‘that’ _+_ (Pok. 644)
Lat. quoi ‘they’
Notes: {1} A frozen case form, possibly *kwoi. {2} In view of its function in Alb., it seems at least equally likely that që is a loanword from Latin que [MdV].

arë [f] (tg) ‘arable land, soil’
PAlb. *arua̅ (AE 80)
PIE *h[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]rh[SUB][SIZE=-2]3[/SIZE][/SUB]uer-, root *h[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]rh[SUB][SIZE=-2]3[/SIZE][/SUB] ‘arable land, soil’ _+_ (Pok. 63)
Gr. ἄρουρα arable land
Lat. arvum ‘corn-field’

arg [m] (t) ‘young louse, newly hatched nit’
PAlb. *arg-
Alb. argull [m] (t) ‘young louse, newly hatched nit’ {1}; ergjiz [m] (tg) ‘young louse, newly hatched nit’ {2} (AE 81)
PIE *Horgwh-, root *Hrgwh ‘louse, mite, tick’ _−_ (Pok. 335)
Arm. o(r)ǰil ‘nit’
Notes: {1} Alb. formation with the suffix -ull. {2} Diminutive form with the suffix -(ë)z. The umlaut of the root vowel and the palatalized consonant have originated in the plural.

ara [mnp] (g) {1} ‘(he-)bear’
PAlb. *ar(K)ϑ- {2}
Alb. ari [m] (tg) ‘(he-)bear’ {3} (AE 81)
PIE *h[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]rtḱo-, root *h[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]rtḱ- ‘bear’ _+_ (Pok. 875)
Arm. arǰ ‘bear’
Skt. ŕ̥kṣa- ‘bear’
Notes: {1} Bog. {2} The stem final -θ- has been dropped for reasons of popular etymology, in order to avoid semantic confusion with the hypochoristic-diminutive formations in -th. {3} Alb. enlargement with the suffix -i.

arrë {1} [f] (tg) ‘nut’
PAlb. *arua̅ (AE 82) ‘nut’ _−_ (Pok. 61)
Gr. (Hes.) ἄρυα . τὰ Ἡρακλεωτικά κάρυα
OCS orěxъ ‘nut’
Notes: {1} With expressive hard -rr-.

asht [m] (g) ‘bone’
PAlb. *aśt-
Alb. ashtë [n] (tg) ‘bone’ (AE 82)
PIE *h[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]ost(h[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]-), root *h[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]st(h[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]-) ‘bone’ _+_ (Pok. 783)
Skt. ásthi- ‘bone’

at [m] (tg) {2} ‘father’
PAlb. *at(t)-
Alb. atë [m] (tg) ‘father’ (AE 83)
PIE *(H)at(t)a(H)- ‘father’ _?_ {1} (Pok. 71)
Gr. ἄττα ‘father’
Lat. atta ‘father’
Notes: {1} A nursery word. {2} Weak cases et(-), pl. etër/n (tg) with umlaut of the root vowel, caused by an -i in the following syllable.

ath [verb] (tg) ‘to file down (the teeth)’
PAlb. *aϑ- {1}
Alb. athje [f] (t) ‘Ononis spinosa, thorny undergrowth’ {2}; (i) athët [adj] (tg) ‘harsh, sour’ {3}, cf. eh (AE 83)
PIE *h[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]oḱ-(u-), root *h[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]ḱ- ‘sharp, pointed, edged’ _+_ (Pok. 18)
Lat. acus ‘needle’
Notes: {1} Nominal basis for further denominative formations. {2} Alb. formation (verbal noun) with the suffix -je. {3} Denominative formation with the suffix -(ë)t(ë).

eh [verb] (g) ‘to sharpen, point’
PAlb. *aha- {1}, cf. ath (AE 84)
PIE *h[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB](o)ḱ-uo- ‘sharp, pointed’ _+_ (Pok. 19)
Lat. acuo̅ ‘to sharpen, to point’
Notes: {1} Nominal basis for further denominative formations. ah- probably stands in an originally paradigmatic relationship with Alb. ath(-) < *h[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB](o)ḱ-(u-).

avdosë [f] (tg) {1} ‘chaffinch’
PAlb. *(h)aui ̊
Alb. afçë [f] (tg) ‘greenfinch’ {2}, cf. vito (AE 84)
PIE *h[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]eui-, root *h[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]u ‘bird’ _+_ (Pok. 86)
Lat. avis ‘bird’
Arm. haw ‘bird’
Notes: {1} Compositional formation with -dosë ‘sow; mother animal’. {2} Diminutive formation with -çë.

avull [m] (tg) ‘vapour, damp’
PAlb. *(h)au-ul- {1}, cf. aft (AE 85)
PIE *h[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]euh[SUB][SIZE=-2]1[/SIZE][/SUB]-Vl-, root *h[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]uh[SUB][SIZE=-2]1[/SIZE][/SUB]- ‘vapour, steam’ _+_ (Pok. 82)
Rom. abure ‘steam, damp’
Notes: {1} Alb. formation with the suffix -ull.

balgë, bajgë [f] (tg) ‘cow-, horse-dung’
PAlb. *balga̅ {1} (AE 86)
PIE *bolg(w)-o- {2} ‘bulb’ _−_ (Pok. 103)
Gr. βολβός ‘onion, bulb’; βόλβιτον ‘cow-dung’
Arm. boɫk ‘radish’
Notes: {1} Has entered the declension of the feminines in -eh[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]- through a change of the suffix vowel. {2} [AL] Clearly, a non-IE word, considering the root structure, meaning, distribution and irregular anlaut in Armenian.

balë, bajë [f] (tg) ‘blaze, white spot; badger’
PAlb. *balia̅
Alb. bal [m] (tg) ‘piebald dog, horse’ (AE 87)
PIE *bhlH-io/e-, root *bhlH- ‘bright, brilliant, white’ _+_ (Pok. 118)
Gr. φαλιός ‘bright, white-speckled’

ballë [n] (tg) {1} ‘forehead’
PAlb. *bala- (AE 88)
PIE *bhh[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]-lo- ‘forehead’ _?_ (Pok. 118)
OPr. ballo ‘forehead’
Notes: {1} Nowadays most of the Albanian dialects employ this as a masculine.

barë [n] (t) ‘herb, plant; grass’
PAlb. *baura-
Alb. bar [m] (tg) ‘herb, plant; grass’ (AE 89)
PIE *bhoHu-ro-m, root *bhHu ‘become, grow’ _+_ (Pok. 146 {1})
Gr. φυτόν ‘growth, plant’
Arm. boys ‘shoot, herb, plant’
Notes: {1} The Alb. word is not mentioned by Pok.

(i) bardhë [adj] (tg) ‘white’
PAlb. *barδa- < QIE *bhorHǵ-o-
Alb. barmë [f] (g) ‘bast’ {1} (AE 90)
PIE *bherHǵ-o-, root *bhrHǵ ‘bright, brilliant’ _+_ (Pok. 139)
Go. bairhts ‘bright’
Notes: {1} < Alb. *barδ-mə.

barrë [f] (tg) {1} ‘burden, load; weight; pregnant’
PAlb. *bara̅
Alb. bark [m] (tg) ‘belly, paunch, womb’ {2} (AE 92)
PIE *bhor-eh[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB] ‘burden, load’ _+_ (Pok. 128)
Gr. φορά ‘burden, load’
Notes: {1} With expressive hard -rr-. {2} [AL/MdV] Can reflect Alb. *barVk-. Connection with OIr. brú ‘belly, paunch, womb’ is phonetically impossible.

bashkë [f] (tg) ‘fleece’
PAlb. *baśka̅
Alb. bashkë [adv] (tg) ‘together, jointly’ (AE 93) _?_
Gr. φάσκωλος ‘leathern bag, sack’
Lat. fascis ‘band, bundle’
MIr. basc ‘collar, neck-chain’

bathë [f] (tg) ‘broad bean’
PAlb. *baϑa̅ (AE 94)
PIE *bhaḱ-o- ‘bean, lentil’ _−_ {1} (Pok. 106)
Gr. φακός ‘lentil’
Notes: {1} [AL/MdV] A non-IE term, possibly "related" to Lat. faba, etc.

be [interjection] (tg) ‘bah {2} ??’
PAlb. *be-
Alb. bec [m] (g) ‘lamb’; beç [m] (t) ‘lamb’ {3} (AE 94)
PIE *b(h)e- ‘bah’ _?_ {1} (Pok. 96)
Gr. βῃ̃ ‘bah!’
Notes: {1} Imitation of a sheep’s sound. {2} Imitation of the sound of small cattle. {3} bec and beç are diminutive-hypochoristic formations with the suffix -c/ç.

be [f] (tg) ‘oath, vow’
PAlb. *bei(d-)?
Alb. përbej [verb] (tg) ‘to swear, take the oath’; betoj [verb] (tg) ‘to put on the oath’, cf. besë (AE 94)
PIE *bheidhi-, root *bhidh- ‘persuasion’ _+_ (Pok. 117)
Gr. πειθώ ‘persuasion’

ber [m] (tg) ‘arrow, bolt; spear, lance’
PAlb. *bo̅r-
Alb. bero(n)jë [f] (tg) ‘adder, viper’ {1}; ylber [f] (tg) ‘rainbow’ {2} (AE 95)
PIE *bho̅rs-, root *bhrs ‘point, tip bolt’ _+_ (Pok. 108)
OIr. barr ‘point’
Notes: {1} An Alb. formation with the suffix -o(n)jë. {2} Compound with yll- ‘star’.

rrun(j)ë [f] (t) {2} ‘teg, shearling’
PAlb. *re̅n-ia̅ {1}, cf. berr (AE 96)
PIE *ureh[SUB][SIZE=-2]1[/SIZE][/SUB]n-, root *urh[SUB][SIZE=-2]1[/SIZE][/SUB]n ‘sheep, lamb’ _+_ (Pok. 1170)
Gr. ἀρήν ‘sheep, lamb’
Notes: {1} Originally diminutive formation in -io/e-. {2} < * r̄oñə.

berr [m] (tg) {1} ‘small cattle, ram, tup’
PAlb. * ̊r(a)n-, cf. rrun(j)ë (AE 95)
PIE *urh[SUB][SIZE=-2]1[/SIZE][/SUB]-n- ‘sheep, lamb’ _+_ (Pok. 1170)
Gr. ἄρνες ‘sheep, lamb’; (Hes.) βάριχοι ἄρνες
Notes: {1} A compound with be ‘imitation of a sheep’s sound’.

besë [f] (tg) ‘faithfulness, faith’
PAlb. *biTia̅ {2}
Alb. besoj [verb] (tg) {3} ‘to believe’, cf. be (AE 96)
PIE *bh(e)idhi- {1}, root *bhidh ‘persuasion, oath’ _+_ (Pok. 117)
Gr. πειθώ ‘persuasion’
Notes: {1} Based on the genitive. {2} Phonetically, a full grade form PAlb. *beiTia̅ is also possible. {3} Denominative formation in -o- of Alb. origin.

bërsi {2} [fnp] (tg) ‘rest from wine-, olive-, plum-press’
PAlb. *britia̅ {1} (AE 98) _−_ (Pok. 144)
Lat. bri̅sa ‘husks of wine’
Notes: {1} Apparently, an old Wanderwort. {2} < Alb. *brisí, as an enlarged formation in -i.

bibë [f] (tg) ‘chicken, pullet’
PAlb. *biba̅ (AE 99)
PIE *PiP(P)- {1} ‘to chirp, to peep’ _?_ (Pok. 830)
SCr. bì ̀ba ‘turkey-hen’
Notes: {1} Onomatopoeic root. {2} [MdV] Therefore, Indo-European origin is unwarranted.

bir [m] (tg) ‘son’
PAlb. *bir- < QIE *bhi(H)-ro-
Alb. bijë [f] (tg) ‘daughter’ {1}, cf. bij (AE 101)
PIE *bhiH- ‘to beat, to shoot’ _?_ (Pok. 117)
Gr. φι̃τυ ‘shoot, scion’
Notes: {1} Feminine formed on the basis of the plural stem Alb. *biri-a̅.

bisht [m] (tg) ‘tail, brush; stalk, stem’
PAlb. *bi-śt- < QIE *bhi(H)-st-o-, cf. bij (AE 103)
PIE *bhiH- ‘to beat, to shoot’ _?_ (Pok. 117)

i blerë [adj] (tg) ‘green’
PAlb. *blo̅r-
Alb. i blertë [adj] (tg) ‘green’ {1}; bleron [verb] (tg) ‘to bloom, (become) green’ (AE 104)
PIE *bhloh[SUB][SIZE=-2]1[/SIZE][/SUB]-ro-, root *bhlh[SUB][SIZE=-2]1[/SIZE][/SUB] ‘blue, green, yellow’ _−_ (Pok. 160)
Lat. flo̅rus ‘golden yellow, reddish-yellow’
Notes: {1} Contains a productive Albanian suffix -të.

bletë [fs/p] (tg) ‘swarm of bees, bee; hive’
PAlb. *m(e)líta̅ {1} < QIE *melit-(t)eh[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]-, cf. mjaltë (AE 105)
PIE *melit-, root *ml ‘honey’ _+_ (Pok. 723)
Gr. μέλισσα ‘bee’
Notes: {1} Collective formation.

botë [f] {2} (tg) ‘earth, soil; world’
PAlb. *bua̅ta̅ < QIE *bhueh[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]-t- {1} (AE 107)
PIE *bheuh[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]- _?_ (Pok. 146)
Skt. bhū́- ‘earth, world’; Skt. bhū́mi- ‘earth, ground, soil’
Notes: {1} Collective formation. {2} Singulare tantum.

bredh {1} [m] (tg) ‘fir, spruce(-fir), beech’
PAlb. *braδ- (AE 107)
PIE *bhrHǵ-o ‘birch, ash’ _+_ (Pok. 139)
Skt. bhūrjá- ‘kind of birch’
Notes: {1} -e- due to umlaut from the plural stem *braδi̅̆.

breshër / breshën [m sg/pl] ‘hail’
PAlb. *bro̅uśVn- {1} < QIE *bhro̅us-e/on- (AE 109)
PIE *, root *bhrus- _?_ (Pok. 171)
OHG bro̅s(a)ma ‘crumb, bend’
Notes: {1} [AL/MdV] The form can also reflect PALb. *breuśVn- < qIE *bhreus-e/on-.

bri / brĩ [m] {1} ‘horn(s), antlers’
PAlb. *bri̅ {2}
Alb. brith [m] (t) {3} ‘pimple, whelk’ (AE 110)
PIE *bhrih[SUB][SIZE=-2]1[/SIZE][/SUB] {4} {5} ‘point, tip, bolt’ _?_ (Pok. 108)
Notes: {1} Seldom in Gheg. {2} Entered the declension of the Alb. nouns with -n-stem quite recently, during the historical period of Albanian. {3} Often occurs in metathesized form birth. {4} Original dual. {5} [MdV] Since the IE root *bhr- (Pok. 108) is hardly ever attested, it may be better to derive bri from PIE *h[SUB][SIZE=-2]3[/SIZE][/SUB]bhruH- ‘(eye-)brow’, although the semantic development is unique for this root.

brumë [n/m] (tg) ‘dough, paste, soft material’
PAlb. *brum- < QIE *bhrh[SUB][SIZE=-2]1[/SIZE][/SUB]u-mo-
Alb. burmë [f] (g) ‘ripe fig’ (AE 111)
PIE *bhreh[SUB][SIZE=-2]1[/SIZE][/SUB]u- ‘to boil up, ferment’ _+_ (Pok. 143)
Lat. de̅frutum ‘new wine’

bung {1} [m] (tg) ‘kind of oak’
PAlb. *ba̅ng-(a̅̆) {2}
Alb. bungë [f] (tg) ‘kind of oak’ (AE 112)
PIE *bheh[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]ǵ-o- ‘beech, oak(-tree)’ _+_ (Pok. 107)
Gr. φηγός ‘kind of oak’
Lat. fa̅gus ‘beech, oak’
Notes: {1} From Alb. *bong(-). {2} Metathesized from b(h)a̅g-na̅.

burrë {1} [m] (tg) ‘man; husband’
PAlb. *bur- (AE 113)
PIE *bhh[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]u-ro- _?_ (Pok. 146)
MoHG Bauer ‘countryman; husbandman’
Notes: {1} With expressive hard -r̄-.

(i) butë [adj] (tg) ‘soft, mellow, supple; tame(d)’
PAlb. *bugt-
Alb. zbut [verb] (tg) ‘to soak; tame’ {1} (AE 114)
PIE *bhug(h)-to- ‘ductile, molleable’ _+_ (Pok. 152)
Arm. bowt‘ ‘blunt, obtuse’
OIr. bocc ‘tener’
Notes: {1} A denominative verb with the prefix z-.

buzë [f sg/pl] {1} (tg) ‘lip’
PAlb. *bu-(dia̅) (AE 114)
PIE * _−_ (Pok. 103)
Lat. bucca ‘mouth’
MIr. bus ‘lip’
Notes: {1} Collective form in -zë < *-dhieh[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]. Occurs usually in the plural.

(i) çalë {1} [adj] (tg) ‘lame, limping’
PAlb. * ̊śali- < QIE *skolio- (AE 117)
PIE *(s)kel- ‘to bend, swag, curve’ _+_ (Pok. 928)
Gr. σκολιός ‘crooked, bent’
Notes: {1} Alb. formation with the prefix d(ë)-.

dardhë [f] (tg) ‘pear(-tree)’
PAlb. *darda̅ {1} (AE 121) _−_ (Pok. 446)
Gr. ἄχερδος ‘pear(-tree)’
Notes: {1} An old loan-word.

darë / dãnë [f] {1} ‘tongs’
PAlb. *dakna̅ < QIE *dn̥ḱ-neh[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]- (AE 122)
PIE *denḱ- ‘to bite’ _+_ (Pok. 201)
Gr. δάκνω ‘to bite’
OHG zanga ‘tongs’
Notes: {1} With secondarily rhotacized nasal.

darkë [f] (tg) ‘supper, dinner; evening, night’
PAlb. *darka̅ {1} < QIE *dorkw-o-, cf. dars, drekë (AE 122) _−_ {2} (Pok. 210)
Gr. δόρπον ‘supper, dinner; evening’
Notes: {1} Has entered the declension of the fem. a̅-stems. {2} [AL/MdV] The distribution (Greek and Albanian) strongly suggests borrowing.

dash [m] (tg) ‘ram, wether’
PAlb. *dam(e)ś- < QIE *d(o)mh[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]-(e)s-, cf. dem (AE 124)
PIE *demh[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]-, root *dmh[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB] ‘to tame’ _?_ (Pok. 199)
OIr. dam ‘ox’; W. dafad ‘sheep’; Bret. dañvad ‘sheep’

degë [f] (tg) ‘forking, crotch (of tree); bough, branch’
PAlb. *duaiga̅ < QIE *duoi-gheh[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]- (AE 125)
PIE *duoi-, root *du ‘binary, consisting of two’ _+_ (Pok. 229)
OHG zwi̅g ‘forking, crotch (of tree); bough, branch’

dej [adv] (tg) ‘after tomorrow’
PAlb. *duai-au < QIE *duoi-Hous {1} (AE 126)
PIE *duo-, root *du ‘two’ _?_ (Pok. 228)
OHG zweio ‘by, in two, in pairs’
Notes: {1} Frozen locative dual form.

dẽjë {2} [f] (g) ‘thawing snow’
PAlb. *den(i)- {1}
Alb. (i) dejmë [adj.] (t) ‘flat and arid, barren (land, country, region)’; (i) dẽjun [adj.] (g) ‘flat and arid, barren (land, country, region)’; dejet / dẽjet [verb] ‘to thaw (intr.)’ (AE 127) _?_
Skt. dhánvan- ‘desert, arid land, steppe’
Notes: {1} Nominal basis for further denominative forms. {2} From Alb. denia̅.

dele [f sg/pl] (tg) ‘sheep, ewe’
PAlb. *deilla̅ < QIE *dheh[SUB][SIZE=-2]1[/SIZE][/SUB]i-lieh[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]-
Alb. delme [f sg/pl] (tg) ‘sheep’ {1}, cf. djalë, dosë (AE 127)
PIE *dheh[SUB][SIZE=-2]1[/SIZE][/SUB]i-, root *dhh[SUB][SIZE=-2]1[/SIZE][/SUB](i) ‘to suck’ _+_ (Pok. 241)
Gr. θηλή ‘mother’s breast’
Lat. fi̅lia ‘daughter’ {2}
Notes: {1} Alb. enlargement with the suffix -m-. {2} [AL/MdV] Can be the same formation as dele.

dell [m] (tg) ‘sinew, tendon; string’
PAlb. *do̅l- < QIE *doh[SUB][SIZE=-2]1[/SIZE][/SUB]-lo- (AE 128)
PIE *deh[SUB][SIZE=-2]1[/SIZE][/SUB]-, root *dh[SUB][SIZE=-2]1[/SIZE][/SUB] ‘to bind’ _?_ (Pok. 183)

dem [m] (tg) {1} ‘bull-calf; bullock’
PAlb. *dam- < QIE *d(o)mh[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]-(i)o-, cf. dash (AE 128)
PIE *demh[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]-, root *dmh[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB]- ‘to tame’ _+_ (Pok. 199)
OIr. dam ‘ox, bullock’
Notes: {1} With umlaut of the root vowel from the plural stem *dami̅̆.

derë [f] (tg) ‘door’
PAlb. *duo̅ra̅ {1} (AE 138)
PIE *dhuo̅r, root *dhur ‘door’ _+_ (Pok. 278)
Skt. dva̅́r- ‘door’
Notes: {1} Has entered the declension of the fem. a̅-stems. The plural form dy(e)r (tg) points to an analogically rebuilt dual form: Alb. *dyr < *dhur-ih[SUB][SIZE=-2]1[/SIZE][/SUB].

derr {1} [m] (tg) ‘pig’
PAlb. *dair- < QIE *hoiro-
Alb. derk [m] (tg) ‘(young) pig, piglet’ (AE 131)
PIE * _−_ (Pok. 445 {2})
Gr. χοι̃ρος ‘(young) pig, piglet’
Notes: {1} With expressive hard -r̄. {2} [AL/MdV] Pok. relates the Albanian and Greek words to the PIE root *ǵher(s)-, but the only certain forms of the verbal root are those with -s-. Since it is hard to separate the Albanian and Greek words, we assume borrowing from a "Balkan" substratum.

dimër / dimën [m] ‘winter’
PAlb. *dimVn- < QIE *hei-mon- (AE 133)
PIE *hei-m-, root *hi ‘winter’ _+_ (Pok. 425)
Gr. χειμών ‘winter’

djalë [m] (tg) {1} ‘son; boy, young (animal)’
PAlb. *di(i)ali- < QIE *dhih[SUB][SIZE=-2]1[/SIZE][/SUB]ol-io-, cf. dele, dosë (AE 134)
PIE *dh(e)ih[SUB][SIZE=-2]1[/SIZE][/SUB]-(o)l-, root *dhh[SUB][SIZE=-2]1[/SIZE][/SUB](i) ‘suckling’ _?_ (Pok. 241)
Lat. fi̅lius ‘son’
Notes: {1} The plural form dje(l)m (< Alb. *diali̅) shows, apart from the umlaut of the root vowel, also an m-enlargement, which often appears in the inherited vocabulary of Alb. {2} [MdV] Alternatively, djalë may derive from *dela or *delom and the plural dje(l)m from *delm-. The stem *del- might be cognate with the verb dal ‘to go out’.

djath(ë) [n/m] (tg) ‘cheese’
PAlb. *deϑ (AE 135)
PIE *dhe-dhh[SUB][SIZE=-2]1[/SIZE][/SUB], root *dhh[SUB][SIZE=-2]1[/SIZE][/SUB](i) ‘milk(-product)’ _+_ (Pok. 241)
Skt. dádhi- ‘curdled milk’; OPr. dadan ‘milk’

rrath [m] (g) {1} ‘wheel, circle’
PAlb. *raϑ (AE 136)
PIE *Hrot-o-, root *Hrt ‘wheel’ _+_ (Pok. 866)
Skt. rátha- ‘chariot’
Notes: {1} Plural form rrathë (tg); the singular form often appears with umlaut of the root vowel (rreth). The origin of -th is unclear.

ndjath [adv] (g) {1} ‘at/to the right’
PAlb. *deϑ
Alb. (i) djathë [adj] (tg) ‘right’; (i) djathtë [adj] (tg) ‘right’ {2} (AE 137)
PIE *deḱs(i), root *dḱ ‘at/to the right’ _+_ (Pok. 190)
Gr. δεξιτερός ‘right’
Lat. dexter ‘right’
OHG zeso ‘to the right’
Notes: {1} Alb. form with the prefix (a)n-. {2} Alb. enlargement with the suffix -të.

dje, die [adv] (tg) ‘yesterday’
PAlb. *(d)die (AE 138)
PIE *hdies ‘yesterday’ _+_ (Pok. 416)
OIr. indé ‘yesterday’

djersë [f] (tg) ‘perspiration, sweat’
PAlb. *(ui)dertia̅ < QIE *suid(e)r-ti- {1}
Alb. djers [verb] (tg) ‘to sweat’ {2} (AE 139)
PIE *su(e)id-r-, root *suid ‘perspiration, sweat’ _+_ (Pok. 1043)
Gr. ἱδρώς ‘sweat, perspiration’
Notes: {1} As the basis for further denominative forms. {2} Beside 1sg. pres. dirs(em).

dorë [f] (tg) {1} ‘hand’
PAlb. *de̅ra̅ {2} (AE 140)
PIE *hesr- ‘hand’ _+_ (Pok. 447)
Gr. χείρ ‘hand’
Notes: {1} The plural form duar / du(e)r goes back to an original dual form *ǵhesr-(h[SUB][SIZE=-2]1[/SIZE][/SUB])e. {2} Has entered the declension of the fem. a̅-stems.

dosë [f] (tg) ‘sow; mother animal’
PAlb. *de̅tia̅, cf. djalë, dele (AE 140)
PIE *dheh[SUB][SIZE=-2]1[/SIZE][/SUB]-tieh[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB], root *dhh[SUB][SIZE=-2]1[/SIZE][/SUB](i) ‘parent, mother animal’ _+_ (Pok. 241)

dra [m] (tg) ‘sediment, dregs; smudged butter; sweepings, dirt’
PAlb. *drag(-)
Alb. ndrag [verb] (tg) ‘to make/get filthy, dirty’ {1} (AE 141)
PIE *dhrogh- {2} ‘sediment, dregs’ (Pok. 251)
Lat. frace̅s ‘oil dregs’
ON dregg ‘dregs’
Notes: {1} Alb. form with the prefix (a)n-. {2} [AL/MdV] The IE date of this family is uncertain.

dre / drẽ [m] {1} ‘stag, deer’
PAlb. * ̊ran-
Alb. drãng [m] (g) ‘young animal’ (AE 142)
PIE *urh[SUB][SIZE=-2]1[/SIZE][/SUB]n- ‘lamb’ _?_ (Pok. 1170)
Gr. (Hes.) ἀράνης . ἔλαφος
Notes: {1} Prefixed form with the Alb. prefix d(V)-; drẽ from the plural stem drani̅̆. {2} [MdV] Whether d(V)- really was an existing prefix is doubted by Demiraj, AE 143.

dredhë {1} [f] (tg) ‘strawberry’
PAlb. *draδ- (AE 144) _−_ {2}
Lat. fra̅gum ‘strawberry’
Notes: {1} With umlaut of the root vowel after the plural stem Alb. draδi̅̆. {2} An old Wanderwort.

drekë [f] (tg) ‘lunch, meal; midday, noon’
PAlb. *drika̅ < QIE *dr̥kw-eh[SUB][SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/SUB], cf. dars, darkë (AE 144) _−_ {1} (Pok. 210)
Gr. δόρπον ‘supper, dinner; evening’
Notes: {1} [AL/MdV] The distribution (Greek and Albanian) strongly suggests borrowing.

dritë [f] (tg) {1} ‘light, brightness; beam,

some of these words are shared with romanians.You should dig a little deeper infact i didnt even know some of these words were shared,such as ZI is belived to be a thraco-illyrian word romanians also use this word.
dru / drũ [m] ‘wood; tree; stem, trunk’
PAlb. *dru(n)- {1}
Alb. drỹ [m] (g) ‘lock, door-bolt (of wood)’ {2} (AE 146)
PIE *d(o)ru, root *dr ‘wood’ _+_ (Pok. 214)
Gr. δρυ̃ς ‘tree, oak’
Notes: {1} An analogical -n-stem. {2} PAlb. dru-(i)io

Yep most of these words are from pie.An also shared with latin,ca is romanian also.What you have to understand is that albanian 1 word in albanian can mean 2 or more meanings,Its not as easy as this,But this words you post are a form of pie in albanian or shared with latin an romanians,,

Of course, things are not simple, simplifying often brings serious errors.

Talysh population is interesting because Talysh people speak Northern Iranian language but their genetics is different in comparison to Persians. Persian/Iran sources consider people Talishis as Persians but by genetics Talishi are closer to Armenians. Unfortunately I have no precise Y-DNA results for Talysh people, if someone has it would be good to present. But according available sources main Talysh haplogroups are R1b ht35 and J2. Haplogroup R1a is rare among Talysh population.

Talysh people (Talishis) generally identify themselves with the ancient people Cadusians. And name Talishi can be related to Cadusii who lived in region Caspian sea/Caucasus. Strabo described them as a warlike tribe of mountaineers, fighting chiefly on foot, and well skilled in the use of the short spear or javelin. "However, the greater part of the seaboard round the mountainous country is occupied by Cadusii, for a stretch of almost five thousand stadia"."The Cadusii, however, are but little short of the Ariani in the number of their foot-soldiers; and their javelin-throwers are excellent; and in rugged places foot-soldiers instead of horsemen do the fighting."
About Cadusuians (Cadusii) someone can see article:
http://booksandjournals.brillonline.com/content/journals/10.1163/1573384x-20130202

We have here interesting situation, Talishis speak Northern Iranian language but by genetics they are closer to Armenians than Persians. In practice and life things are more complex than often presented simplified versions and stereotypes.

Talysh man, In the picture

1739448_415741525265318_1176055481_n.jpg

Key problem is because in the time of Enver Hoxha hypothetical connection between Illyrian and Albanian proclamed as state importance of highest priority and entered in school system. We saw some Slovenians considers themeselves as Illyrians, and some Bosniacs too, and Serbs and Croats, and it is not totally without foundation because the descendants of the Illyrians entered the gene pool of these nations, Yugoslavia existed over the territories in which the Illyrians lived.

But in Albanians mostly missing critical thinking, because in programs there are no alternative thinking. Can you imagine what will be a disappointment if someone discovers inscriptions on the Illyrian and finding is that this language has nothing to do with Albanian. Today there are more competitive hypothesis about origin of Albanians and Illyrian hypothesis is only one among several.

For example Fine notices:

7Tb6SjG.jpg

I will give arguments for Free Dacians. The biggest problem for all us as Fine highlights :

"it must be pointed ou that Dacian, Thracian, and Illyrian are not only dead languages but languages in which no texts have survived."

aTU7pH1.jpg

We will see in which regions we can find Albanian toponyms. And this is complied with the regions where Free Dacians lived.

Of course, things are not simple, simplifying often brings serious errors.

Talysh population is interesting because Talysh people speak Northern Iranian language but their genetics is different in comparison to Persians. Persian/Iran sources consider people Talishis as Persians but by genetics Talishi are closer to Armenians. Unfortunately I have no precise Y-DNA results for Talysh people, if someone has it would be good to present. But according available sources main Talysh haplogroups are R1b ht35 and J2. Haplogroup R1a is rare among Talysh population.

Talysh people (Talishis) generally identify themselves with the ancient people Cadusians. And name Talishi can be related to Cadusii who lived in region Caspian sea/Caucasus. Strabo described them as a warlike tribe of mountaineers, fighting chiefly on foot, and well skilled in the use of the short spear or javelin. "However, the greater part of the seaboard round the mountainous country is occupied by Cadusii, for a stretch of almost five thousand stadia"."The Cadusii, however, are but little short of the Ariani in the number of their foot-soldiers; and their javelin-throwers are excellent; and in rugged places foot-soldiers instead of horsemen do the fighting."
About Cadusuians (Cadusii) someone can see article:
http://booksandjournals.brillonline.com/content/journals/10.1163/1573384x-20130202

We have here interesting situation, Talishis speak Northern Iranian language but by genetics they are closer to Armenians than Persians. In practice and life things are more complex than often presented simplified versions and stereotypes.

Talysh man, In the picture

1739448_415741525265318_1176055481_n.jpg
My friend thesse people are not related to albanian this is pure propaganda.The albanian people geneticly,language,everything is not related to albanians,the albanian language as i said many times are very much related to the balkanic people,we use latin as it was nearly latinised language but stoipped an romanian language was latinised.To put a picture up like this man to compare to albanians is outrage,hear is a picture of a greek man from athens,greek.jpg do you think he is a Talysh man? albanian sare from balkans an where they are from now.

Key problem is because in the time of Enver Hoxha hypothetical connection between Illyrian and Albanian proclamed as state importance of highest priority and entered in school system. We saw some Slovenians considers themeselves as Illyrians, and some Bosniacs too, and Serbs and Croats, and it is not totally without foundation because the descendants of the Illyrians entered the gene pool of these nations, Yugoslavia existed over the territories in which the Illyrians lived.

But in Albanians mostly missing critical thinking, because in programs there are no alternative thinking. Can you imagine what will be a disappointment if someone discovers inscriptions on the Illyrian and finding is that this language has nothing to do with Albanian. Today there are more competitive hypothesis about origin of Albanians and Illyrian hypothesis is only one among several.

For example Fine notices:

7Tb6SjG.jpg

I will give arguments for Free Dacians. The biggest problem for all us as Fine highlights :

"it must be pointed ou that Dacian, Thracian, and Illyrian are not only dead languages but languages in which no texts have survived."

aTU7pH1.jpg

We will see in which regions we can find Albanian toponyms. And this is complied with the regions where Free Dacians lived.
Illyrian tribes spread almost throughout the Balkans. Like many other ancient peoples, the Illyrians were pagans and believed in several gods. That is why Illyrian and Albanian toponyms and anthroponyms are of pagan origin, derived from the names of plants, animals and different kinds of superstition. During the Roman domination the Albanians were converted to Christianity (from the beginning of the first century A. D.).
In the Illyrian toponym Dimallum in present day Albania (including the Balkan toponyms Malontum, Maloventum, Malontina),which B. Dautaj identifies in the village Allambrez in the surroundings of Berat, Eqrem Çabej and other scholars, for instance, trace the Albanian word mal. This Illyrian-Albanian word mal has been preserved and appears in many late and modern patronyms and toponyms, out of which we mention the name of the eastern region of Malesheva (Macedonia), which Milivoje Pavlović and others derive from Illyrian-Albanian as of Thracian-Albanian origin. Even in the present Mali i Zi (Montenegro) the word
mal, according to Milan Shuflay, besides being foundin the name Mali i Zi itself (“Mal’si, Malcija,1452 — Malisium ... 1463 — Malici, it bears also the Serbian name Crna Gora ... Muzaka,in 1512 was called Montenegro”), can also be found in the Albanian patronym assimilated in malazezë-serbë as Malonšić “with pure Albanian blood in the valley of the river Zeta”, or according to Branislav Djurdjev: “even Albanian villages were slavonized, and this is also proved by the cases Malonšić and Golemad”. As for the function of the Illyrian-Albanian word mal in onomastics as well asfor its eventual calque in the same functionin lat. montanj in gr.
oros,in lat.-vlah. plana-planina and in sl.-srb. gora — šuma,
see Doçi (1983)
Durrahion — Durracium and the present Durrës on the Albanian coast are (according to J. Kastrati) of Albanian origin, from the Albanian words dy+ rrahe. From the same word rrahe
(forestclearing), but from the plural with metaphony rrih
(rrah : rreh : rrih) and with a radix-h- and a suffix and metathesis in the toponyms Rhizona : Risani in Montenegro was formed. According to Dujo Rendić Miočević, thatplace is considered as “an area of the Illyrian town Rhizona (probably from Rihesona —
R.Doçi) at the Bay of Kotor ... which used tobe the centre of Illyrian rulers and dynasties(Teuta, Baley) ... and Risinium is a Roman successor of Rhizona”. The name of the Illyrian castle
Bauton, Butua (today Budva) inpresent-day Montenegro, has its origin alsofrom an Illyrian-Albanian word (i,e) but-ë. There are more anthroponyms, patronymsand toponyms of Illyrian-Albanian origin inethnic Albania which are connected with theword
rrah (the names of present and medieval villages: Rahove and
Rahavec in Kosova; Rehove and Rinas in present-day Albania;
Rahovicë and Reincë (?) in Southern Serbia; Ra-hovë in Montenegro etc.); cp. also the word i,e butë in the names of villages: Butoc in Kosova; Butka in Albania; Bytol and
Boutelis in Macedonia (Doçi 1990).According to the German scholar J. G.von Hahn, the name of the Illyrian tribe Dardan
and its ancient territory Dardania (now diminished Kosova) has its origin from the Illyrian-Albanian word dard — dardhë.
E. Çabej agrees with him about the words Dardan and Dardani,
but he associates them even with the names of the ancient
Dardan towns and the present-day towns of Nish and Shkup,
which, according to him, are words built up on the basis of the historical phonetics of Albanian. The name of the Dardan castle
Ulkianum (“Hierher auch Ulcianum, inder Dardania”, Krahe 1925) derives from the Illyrian-Albanian word ulk : ujk : uk (wolf);in the same way this word (ulk : ujk, plural ulq : ujq) accounts for the name of the ancientand present town of Ulqinin Montenegro (Mayer 1957; Çabej 1977). During the reign of the Roman Emperor Primus Justinianus (527—565), who is thought to have built the town of Prishtina (Prima Justiniana = Prishtina?), Ulpiana became a wellknown Christian centre,Albanian toponyms was slavnised when the slavnic migration came.slav toponyms are all through balkans including greece romania.but the toponyms are not very old..slavs did a great job in slavinise albanian people surnames such as dem meaning bull in albanian to slav demic no meaning in slav dem is proto albanian an pie. nis in serbia means in albanian beginning, montenegro.montenegro we call mal i zi pure thracian-illyrian.ulqin albanian ulq meaning wolf.. etc,etc..their is older Albanian toponyms only few that is much older than any slav toponyms in balkans that was not slavised only little survived

Illyrian tribes spread almost throughout the Balkans. Like many other ancient peoples, the Illyrians were pagans and believed in several gods. That is why Illyrian and Albanian toponyms and anthroponyms are of pagan origin, derived from the names of plants, animals and different kinds of superstition. During the Roman domination the Albanians were converted to Christianity (from the beginning of the first century A. D.).
In the Illyrian toponym Dimallum in present day Albania (including the Balkan toponyms Malontum, Maloventum, Malontina),which B. Dautaj identifies in the village Allambrez in the surroundings of Berat, Eqrem Çabej and other scholars, for instance, trace the Albanian word mal. This Illyrian-Albanian word mal has been preserved and appears in many late and modern patronyms and toponyms, out of which we mention the name of the eastern region of Malesheva (Macedonia), which Milivoje Pavlović and others derive from Illyrian-Albanian as of Thracian-Albanian origin. Even in the present Mali i Zi (Montenegro) the word
mal, according to Milan Shuflay, besides being foundin the name Mali i Zi itself (“Mal’si, Malcija,1452 — Malisium ... 1463 — Malici, it bears also the Serbian name Crna Gora ... Muzaka,in 1512 was called Montenegro”), can also be found in the Albanian patronym assimilated in malazezë-serbë as Malonšić “with pure Albanian blood in the valley of the river Zeta”, or according to Branislav Djurdjev: “even Albanian villages were slavonized, and this is also proved by the cases Malonšić and Golemad”. As for the function of the Illyrian-Albanian word mal in onomastics as well asfor its eventual calque in the same functionin lat. montanj in gr.
see Doçi (1983)
Durrahion — Durracium and the present Durrës on the Albanian coast are (according to J. Kastrati) of Albanian origin, from the Albanian words dy+ rrahe. From the same word rrahe
(rrah : rreh : rrih) and with a radix-h- and a suffix and metathesis in the toponyms Rhizona : Risani in Montenegro was formed. According to Dujo Rendić Miočević, thatplace is considered as “an area of the Illyrian town Rhizona (probably from Rihesona —
R.Doçi) at the Bay of Kotor ... which used tobe the centre of Illyrian rulers and dynasties(Teuta, Baley) ... and Risinium is a Roman successor of Rhizona”. The name of the Illyrian castle
Bauton, Butua (today Budva) inpresent-day Montenegro, has its origin alsofrom an Illyrian-Albanian word (i,e) but-ë. There are more anthroponyms, patronymsand toponyms of Illyrian-Albanian origin inethnic Albania which are connected with theword
Rahovicë and Reincë (?) in Southern Serbia; Ra-hovë in Montenegro etc.); cp. also the word i,e butë in the names of villages: Butoc in Kosova; Butka in Albania; Bytol and
Boutelis in Macedonia (Doçi 1990).According to the German scholar J. G.von Hahn, the name of the Illyrian tribe Dardan
and its ancient territory Dardania (now diminished Kosova) has its origin from the Illyrian-Albanian word dard — dardhë.
which, according to him, are words built up on the basis of the historical phonetics of Albanian. The name of the Dardan castle
Ulkianum (“Hierher auch Ulcianum, inder Dardania”, Krahe 1925) derives from the Illyrian-Albanian word ulk : ujk : uk (wolf);in the same way this word (ulk : ujk, plural ulq : ujq) accounts for the name of the ancientand present town of Ulqinin Montenegro (Mayer 1957; Çabej 1977). During the reign of the Roman Emperor Primus Justinianus (527—565), who is thought to have built the town of Prishtina (Prima Justiniana = Prishtina?), Ulpiana became a wellknown Christian centre,Albanian toponyms was slavnised when the slavnic migration came.slav toponyms are all through balkans including greece romania.but the toponyms are not very old..slavs did a great job in slavinise albanian people surnames etc..their is older Albanian toponyms only few that is much older than any slav toponyms in balkans..

no such thing as pagans....... ( this is religious propaganda )they prayed to the same God as we pray to today...............unless you believe when every new religion is created a NEW God is also created

see Doçi (1983)
Ulkianum (“Hierher auch Ulcianum, inder Dardania”, Krahe 1925) derives from the Illyrian-Albanian word ulk : ujk : uk (wolf);in the same way this word (ulk : ujk, plural ulq : ujq) accounts for the name of the ancientand present town of Ulqinin Montenegro (Mayer 1957; Çabej 1977). During the reign of the Roman Emperor Primus Justinianus (527—565), who is thought to have built the town of Prishtina (Prima Justiniana = Prishtina?), Ulpiana became a wellknown Christian centre,Albanian toponyms was slavnised when the slavnic migration came.slav toponyms are all through balkans including greece romania.but the toponyms are not very old..slavs did a great job in slavinise albanian people surnames such as dem meaning bull in albanian to slav demic no meaning in slav dem is proto albanian an pie. nis in serbia means in albanian beginning, montenegro.montenegro we call mal i zi pure thracian-illyrian.ulqin albanian ulq meaning wolf.. etc,etc..their is older Albanian toponyms only few that is much older than any slav toponyms in balkans that was not slavised only little survived

Pure speculation. and demonstrated nescience.

This thread has been viewed 335765 times.

Back