(NEW) GenePlaza K25 and K29 Modern Calculator Results

Is the 25 % Italian Southern?

From Naples area (Caserta), which I believe is considered 'southern'.

The rest of my results:
EASTERN EUROPEAN 45.7%
Western Slavic 31.6%
Southern Slavic 14.1%
Eastern Slavic 0.0%
Baltic 0.0%
SOUTHERN EUROPEAN 29.9%
Sardinian-Sicilian 19.8%
Southwest European 10.1%
Greek-Albanian 0.0%
NORTHERN EUROPEAN 13.8%
Scandinavian 13.8%
Northwestern European 0.0%

Do you get higher Caucasus from other calculators?

On paper, I am 25% Italian, 25% Slovenian, and 50% mixed northern euro (British Isles and Germany). I found the west Asian component curious.

• EUROPEAN 89.4%
    • WEST ASIA10.6%
      • Caucasian10.6%
      • South West Asian0.0%

True that even an Hungarian can have these results
EUROPEAN 88.7%

EASTERN EUROPEAN 63.6
Western Slavic 44.5
Southern Slavic 19.1

NORTHERN EUROPEAN 24.5
Scandinavian 24.5

WEST ASIA 10.9
Caucasian 10.9

Siberian & Amerindian 0.4
Siberian 0.4

But yours are closer to a fully southern European, rather than to someone who is 50% Northern European and 25% Slovenian.

Do you get higher Caucasus from other calculators?

I didn't get any here, but on harappa, I got Caucasus too.
By Monday, hopefully, there will be an update on this calculator.

Was interested in this calculator because of its slavic breakdown. Interesting that I have such low west slavic, though they didnt use a slovak reference. Still its one of the few calcs that doesnt over inflate my north west euro, and being of 3/4 slovak descent its a bit uncanny how it I literally end up 75% easter euro. I dont see any reference pop for Germany though. Basically when germany and austria are eliminated things make more sense for me.
189053dfbc2f7e81e7570ffcb310fd30.jpg

Sent from my KIW-L21 using Tapatalk

Yes I guess you are right about the germanic part. Because there is no kind of 'West or North Sea Germanic' cluster my results spread to NW Europe 55%, Scandinavia 30% and 13% Baltic.

Sicily with North Africa? Are they kidding? The specifically "North African" in Sicilians can't be more than 5%. Has any of them ever looked at yDna distribution? Maybe there's a bit more in certain isolated places along the southern coast where more Berbers settled, or in strongholds. As in Spain, most of them were exiled.

It's 3% autosomal average according to Sazzini and Fiorito but Ancestry DNA is joking or it's not a professional company, otherwise i've not other explanations.

Sicilian-Sardinian cluster on this calcoulator is a nonsense.

It's 3% autosomal average according to Sazzini and Fiorito but Ancestry DNA is joking or it's not a professional company, otherwise i've not other explanations.

Yes, their ethnic Regions are nonsense.

A Comprehensive List of AncestryDNA Ethnic Regions

https://www.ancestry.com/dna/

• Europe South
  • Greece, Turkey & Albania
  • Southern Italy
  • Calabria
  • Campania
  • Campania & Basilicata
  • Campania & Molise
  • Lazio & Campania
  • Puglia
  • Salerno
  • Umbria, Abruzzo & Lazio
  • Northern Italy
  • Northeast Italy, Croatia & Bosnia and Herzegovina

Yes because Sardinians aren't like any other group at all.

Yes, their ethnic Regions are nonsense.

A Comprehensive List of AncestryDNA Ethnic Regions

https://www.ancestry.com/dna/

• Europe South
  • Greece, Turkey & Albania
  • Southern Italy
  • Calabria
  • Campania
  • Campania & Basilicata
  • Campania & Molise
  • Lazio & Campania
  • Puglia
  • Salerno
  • Umbria, Abruzzo & Lazio
  • Northern Italy
  • Northeast Italy, Croatia & Bosnia and Herzegovina
It's a joke. Sicily should be included with central-southern Calabria and Salento not with Tunisia. What a joke...I will never buy Ancestry. 23andme and LivingDNA are much more professionals.

Anyway most of non European admix among Europeans is Caucasus which is in this calc the northern Caucasus people's reference (Circassian, Kabardians) who are in Europe not in Asia. Another joke.

Anyway most of non European admix among Europeans is Caucasus which is in this calc the northern Caucasus people's reference (Circassian, Kabardians) who are in Europe not in Asia. Another joke.

I noticed that too. I think it may have to do with the fact that he carved out a "Kurdish" cluster, and so the "Caucasus" had to be represented by a more "northern" group. Of course, those groups have a lot of more "European" ancestry. On the other hand, people like Kurds are not great representatives either, because they have a lot of more southern and southeastern ancestry.

Perhaps he should have included other Caucasus groups, such as those from the northeast Caucasus? Or maybe he should have used Armenians?

This is why using calculators based on modern populations is such a mess.

Salento, without offense, you seem here a bit "thin of skin": why do you make pain to yourself with unverified pre-suppositions?

Salento, without offense, you seem here a bit "thin of skin": why do you make pain to yourself with unverified pre-suppositions?

Thank you Doctor Moesan for diagnosing my condition, I’ll make sure to apply Lotion to my “Thin Skin”. [emoji2]

Thank you Doctor Moesan for diagnosing my condition, I’ll make sure to apply Lotion to my “Thin Skin”. [emoji2]

"It puts the lotion on it's skin!" lol

Lotion is great, especially when it's cold and your skin gets dry.

there going to be a lot of cahnges in the update
1} taking out outliers in east slavic and south slavic clusters
2} taking ut completely the west slavic cluster as poles show very high overlapp with the east slavic clusters.
3}taking out sardiains although kurd didn't wanted to .....
4}adding serbs to the south slavic cluster and kossovar to strenght the greek albanian cluster
5}creating probably a kurdish cluster

there going to be a lot of cahnges in the update
1} taking out outliers in east slavic and south slavic clusters
2} taking ut completely the west slavic cluster as poles show very high overlapp with the east slavic clusters.
3}taking out sardiains although kurd didn't wanted to .....
4}adding serbs to the south slavic cluster and kossovar to strenght the greek albanian cluster
5}creating probably a kurdish cluster

He is also removing outliers in the Scandinavian and Northwestern categories. I’m looking forward to the update.

Kurd has an update - Hopefully Wednesday!

After dozens of runs and experimenting with various component references, the K25 was updated to a K29 calculator.

As previously mentioned these are some of the changes to the K25:

- Numerous outliers which overlapped neighboring clusters were identified and removed. This will result in more predictable results

- Bulgarians removed from the S Slavic cluster

- Sardinians removed from the SC European cluster

- W Slavic cluster removed from the calculator. Too much overlap between the Polish and Czech references and the E Slavic and Baltic clusters

- There are now 2 W Asian clusters. The Georgian cluster and the Iraqi/Georgian Jewish cluster. The latter represents more ancient populations of the area as they are generally less recently admixed than many of the other modern populations in W Asia.

- The addition of 4 Turkic clusters, each more relevant to different geographic areas.

The component references are as follows:

REGIONPOPCOMPONENT REFERENCES
W ASIAW Asian 1Georgians
W Asian 2Iraqi & Georgian Jews
SW AsianBedouin B, Saudi
C ASIATurkic 1Bashkirs
Turkic 2Tatars
Turkic 3Turkmens
Turkic 4Uzbek & Uyghur
C Asian 1Tajikistani Tajiks
SC & S ASIASC AsianBalochi, Brahui
S AsianGujarati C & D
E/SE ASIA & OCEANIAE AsianHan, She, Tu, Japanese
SE AsianBurmese, Cambodian, Thai
OceanianAustralians, Papuans
SIBERIAN & AMERINDIANSiberianNganasan, Koryak, Mansi
PolarAleutians, Eskimos
S AmerindianKaritiana, Surui, & Quechua
C AmerindianMayans, Mixe
N AmerindianPima
EUROPEANEastern SlavicBelarusians, Ukrainians
Southern SlavicBosnian, Serbian, Montenegrin, Romanian
BalticLatvian, Estonian, Lithuanian
NW EuropeanOrcadian, Scott, French, English
ScandanavianSwedes, Norwegian
Greek-AlbanianGreeks, Albanians, Kosovo
Sardinian-SicilianSicilians
Southwest EuropeanSpanish
AFRICANE AfricanHadza, Luhya, Luo
W AfricanEsan, Gambian, Yoruba

the bumer is that anthrogenica fell
i get this message :

Dear members,Please be advised that Anthrogenica is temporarily offline while we investigate several recent reports. We will return within the week. Updates will be provided below as necessary if our investigations take longer. See you soon!

there are questions that i and other asked kurd and now what ??? :(

This thread has been viewed 112132 times.

Back