OFFTOPIC: Kurds as Indo-Europeans & Indo-European haplogroups

Once again, how do you know how Ancient Indo-Europeans looked like.

Because there are clear PATTERNS when looking at all the available evidence. The people who look the most Indo-European are probably the ones who retained the highest percentage of the original Indo-European haplogroups. Specifically East Slavs, Baltic people, and Celtic people. East SlavsBaltic people and Celtic people have the highest percentages of R1a and R1b; respectively.

You can't just label phenotypes by their halogroup. If you are referring to a pattern by which they go (as in what their most likely appearance is). Then you should say so.

"I" people were tall, dark, and big-boned.
"E" looked pretty much exactly like "J" people.
"N1C1" were Mongoloid.

None of these describe how most Europeans look. Because most Europeans have light eyes/hair. R1b/R1a people brought these light features.

"
No I just can see difference between nonsense written by little nationalistic European kids and facts." Wow, name-calling?
Otzi was in Europe before Indo-European speakers arrived in Europe and he looked very European!

What are youtalking about/ “GENETICALLY Indo-European” doesn’t exist. Once againIndo-European is a linguistic term. You’re an Indo-European or you’re Not. It’sthat simple.

Kurd ain’t noEuropean, but doesn’t mean that Kurds ain’t no Indo-European. Ancient first andoriginal Indo-Europeans were not European either. They were not from Europe.
And we don’tknow how they looked like, since we don’t ‘have their remnant/NDA

Ancient Persians, Hettites, Mitanni etc. were also Indo-European speakers and they never looked like modern day Europeans.

I already explained this. Scroll up.

Because there are clear PATTERNS when looking at all the available evidence. The people who look the most Indo-European are probably the ones who retained the highest percentage of the original Indo-European haplogroups. Specifically East Slavs, Baltic people, and Celtic people. East SlavsBaltic people and Celtic people have the highest percentages of R1a and R1b; respectively.
LMAO, Baltic people and East Slavs are more Mongolid than Indo-European.
They were the last people that got Indo-Europised.

What are youtalking about/ “GENETICALLY Indo-European” doesn’t exist.

Then you are disagreeing with the vast majority of people on Eupedia (including its creator).

LMAO, Baltic people and East Slavs are more Mongolid than Indo-European.

They actually have very little Mongoloid ancestry. That rumor was spread by Nazis to justify their extermination. Why are you spreading this inaccurate rumor?

They actually have very little Mongoloid ancestry. That rumor was spread by Nazis to justify their extermination. Why are you spreading this inaccurate rumor?
Lol, have you seen how much of hg. N1c1 they have?

Lol, have you seen how much of hg. N1c1 they have?

If you look at autosomal analysis of their DNA, they have very little Mongoloid DNA. Maybe the N1c1 that they have, they got from an already mixed population, so the genetic impact would have been much smaller.

If you look at autosomal analysis of their DNA, they have very little Mongoloid DNA. Maybe the N1c1 that they have, they got from an already mixed population, so the genetic impact would have been much smaller.
Autosomal DNA says nothing to me. It only says that Balts and East Slavic people are almost the same. Their dominant aDNA component is partly Mongoloid, since their aDNA component contains Y-DNA haplogroups N1c1 and Q in it.

Dienekes wrote an intereting article about it.

They’re more Mongoloid that Indo-European. They were the last people that got Indo-Europised.

as I remember, we had some maps on Eupedia which show quite high amount of I2a in Kurdistan. Are that maps O.K.?

AutosomalDNA says nothing to me.

That is your problem. Autosomal DNA is much more telling than y-haplogroups.

They’re moreMongoloid that Indo-European. They were the last people that gotIndo-Europised.

No, they are some of the MOST Indo-European people. That is why many of them have round faces. It is because of Indo-European ancestry mostly, not Mongoloid.

as I remember, we had some maps on Eupedia which show quite high amount of I2a in Kurdistan. Are that maps O.K.?

It seems rather odd to me too. But I guess it is possible.

I think they were mainly Maciamo's guess of which I2 subclade is probably in Kurdistan after reading studies showing somewhat high levels of I2 in Kurds. But the few I2 Kurds who have been tested precisely have come up as mainly I2a2a M223+ (old I2b1), IIRC. I've read that one tested Z161+, which is the "Germanic" branch of the side of I2a2a nicknamed "Cont."

See KurdishDNA.

It says that native DOMINANT NorhEast European aDNA component in Northern Europeans (Balts & Slavs) is partly Mongoloid/East Asian!

The phenotype of East Slavs isn't East Asian at all. All the supposed Mongoloid facial features are the result of Indo-European ancestry. Indo-Europeans had wide cheeks, and roundish faces. But they probably didn't have the Mongoloid eyelids. Who else is exactly like this? Balts, Slavs, and Celts.

Kurds on the other hand have: long faces, a gracile build, and excessive hairiness. Who else has these features? The neighboring countries, all of whom in the majority are carriers of Y-haplogroup J.

Kurds on the other hand have: long faces, a gracile build, and excessive hairiness. Who else has these features? The neighboring countries, all of whom in the majority are carriers of Y-haplogroup J.

Lol Kurds aren't all hairy and aren't gracile like their neighbours. Alot of Kurds are actually robust. In Northern Kurdistan(Turkey) Kurds are mostly of Alpnie or Irano-Alpine stock, usually fairer skinned but darker haired and eyed. In the southern-eastern and eastern part of Kurdistan(Iranian), usually Kurds there are more persistantly Iranid and generally slightly taller than their neighbours. They also have higher frequencies of light eyes and hair.

And haplogroups don't dictate phenotype or vice versa, plus J1c3 is below 10% amongst Kurds overall. R1a-z93 is actually quite common amongst the Zazaki and Kurmanji Kurds in the North.

This thread has been viewed 47054 times.

Back