Racial images of Albanians

Are the photos posted THUS FAR representative of what Albanians look like

• Perhaps

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The pictures are not realistic,since most of them are taken into clubs.
Now,what percentage of the youth of Albania are going in those clubs?
Taking even the national football team of Albania,you can see no one is light haired,while in these pictures,lots of people are light haired.

If I would go and take pictures of Norwegians in clubs,most would be much more dark skinned,than normal,since they are going to tanning studios.

99% of youths go to clubs. They're free to enter and the drinks are very cheap. In fact they're encouraged to drink by by making peanuts and other salty junk food free and water more expensive, unless it comes with coffee. Nightlife starts after 5 o'clock when everything is opened again (after 1 everything is closed) and ends the morning after. I'm actually suprised there actually was a 1% that doesn't. And they're not mostly from clubs they're mostly from schools. We call it "Mbrëmja e Maturës" which is basically graduation celebration.

I'm posting huge numbers of people in one picture, much more than one picture you posted. How is yours more representative than mine?

shkolla.jpg

kazerma%20Adem%20jashari%202013.jpg

I gave example for riots or football fans. This can be anything: farmers in the fields, old people in front of the tea restaurants, prisoners at force labor etc. Spontaneous photos best reflect the face and character.

The best photos are from photograph master who know to catch the moment, for example:
Great picture to represent capturing the moment :LOL:
This is capturing the moment, look at the expression on his face:
Is%C3%AB_Elezi,_lahutar_nga_Rugova.jpg

Or do you mean with people picking thier noses, that's more random:
pleq-tirane-noa.jpg

Or here's a boxer right before entering the ring (that counts as a moment right?):
28049_523905344300832_296015997_n.jpg

Or how about just leave everything to people who know better. Like me.

None of you has ever been to Albania. I on the other hand have been in your countries and I've seen what people look like there. Am I spamming endlessly like you? Everyone who puts Altin Lala (a gypsy) as representative of Albanians obviously has an agenda. Or you know, the bad man touch him when little and it's trying to get his depresseion to someone else. One of the two.

417660_104575819673148_1377991465_n.jpg

249061_407765529339125_299832631_n.jpg

993500_516220898493587_302082453_n.jpg

292.jpg

1522340_516220895160254_511209102_n.jpg

1270269_517699921656549_1024627590_o.jpg

703853_402061963220346_456952201_o.jpg

Images.ashx

559913_389755687773274_1737985642_n.jpg

601044_410740509008125_522284814_n.jpg

478770_319046468177530_211000855_o.jpg

Last edited:
I'm posting huge numbers of people in one picture, much more than one picture you posted. How is yours more representative than mine?

It is not the point whose pictures are representative. All pictures represent different racial images of Albanians. However, there are characteristic pictures and less characteristic, pictures where master photographer captured right moment and face and faded pictures where people pose. Right pictures are authentic.

All young women in the world should be beautiful. And young people in school photos look alike.

Key problem is desire for embellished picture of reality and to present the beautified images.

But the reality is harsh (including poverty) and the image of reality is uglier.

Have you ever wondered why there are no issues of racial image of the French or Dutch for example?

Albanians will never be like the French and Dutch, etc. If an Albanian trying to be someone else he will seem to be only a pale copy and he will act grotesque.

Do not understand me wrong this applies not only for Albanians, general among Balkan people somebody may find some people who want to be someone else.

Everyone who puts Altin Lala (a gypsy) as representative of Albanians obviously has an agenda.

I don't look in the red corpuscles. You say one of people in the picture is not ethnic Albanian (he is from Albania). But your sentence sounds racially (offense). Because if he is a Rom when you say he is gypsy and Roma people are people, as Albanians and anyone else.

It is not the point whose pictures are representative. All pictures represent different racial images of Albanians. However, there are characteristic pictures and less characteristic, pictures where master photographer captured right moment and face and faded pictures where people pose. Right pictures are authentic.
Mine are pretty represenative and authentic. I'm posting from everywhere.

All young women in the world should be beautiful. And young people in school photos look alike.
The first part: ok?. Second part: ok? Something that doesn't have to do with anything.

Key problem is desire for embellished picture of reality and to present the beautified images.

But the reality is harsh (including poverty) and the image of reality is uglier.

I honestly don't know what reality you're talking about. Poverty? Yes it's a poor country but people don't live in barracks here. Most have two houses, one at the beach, and one year round. Cities turn in ghost towns during summer. Social life is really important here, people talk a lot, hang out a lot with each other, laugh a lot. Wedding celebrations are huge, expensive, include 200-300 guests, women change 4 dresses per night which will never be used again in a lifetime. Houses are cleaned several times a day. People use different footwear for different rooms, and no shoes allowed in the house. Coffee is everywhere, it's a huge coffee culture. Nightclubs are booming. Kids play on PS4 and XBox One. Everyday they're bulding a new mall (which will mostly be used for coffee anyway). Speaking of bulding, they're bulding so many new things. On afternoons everyone (actually mostly women) has their eyes on soap operas with a coffee in hand. Kids play, kids fight, kids make up, kids go to school, kids grow up. Public schools/universities are free. Everyone dresses alike dependning on what's trendy at the moment. That's what you see in a typical day on the overwhelming majority of the population.

Have you ever wondered why there are no issues of racial image of the French or Dutch for example?
This is the racial image of Albanians:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRX2rIijTRw
I don't think they portray us like Algerians. Which is exacly what you're doing. In fact, look at the similarities with my pictures.

Albanians will never be like the French and Dutch, etc. If an Albanian trying to be someone else he will seem to be only a pale copy and he will act grotesque.
I hope not, French and especially the Dutch are really cold people (personal experience). If someone asks for directions, you walk with them till they find what they were looking for, it's your responsibility to make sure they arrive safely at their destination and never leave until you see them safely enter. If they want something to drink or eat... At least that's what Albanians do. What can I say? It's culture clash.

Do not understand me wrong this applies not only for Albanians, general among Balkan people somebody may find some people who want to be someone else.
I've noticed more that the Balkan people wanting to portrary others as crude charicatures. Am I doing that? No. Are you doing that? Yes. Am I posting perfectly fine photos represetative of the overwhelming majority of people? Yes. Are you making stupid excuses? Yes and they're getting more and more ridiculous. All you're trying to say "Your pictures don't look Arab enough to me so let me fix it with some cherrypicking" http://duckduckgrayduck.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/stahp.jpg

If I wanted to post "beautified" images, here's one from beauty pageants just so people can tell the difference.
931173_607390629284706_941444760_n.jpg

I don't look in the red corpuscles. You say one of people in the picture is not ethnic Albanian (he is from Albania). But your sentence sounds racially (offense). Because if he is a Rom when you say he is gypsy and Roma people are people, as Albanians and anyone else.
Jevg, Gabel, Ashkali, Magjup. Are these better? Everything is offensive. Roma is offensive to Romanians, have you noticed the similarities in names? What you're posting is offensive. You must be really desperate to play the politically correct card. What's next? Grammar?

DSC_0208.jpg

dsc_0110.jpg

dsc_0565.jpg

dsc_0552.jpg

dsc_0438.jpg

dsc_0468.jpg

dsc_0350.jpg

dsc_0342.jpg

dsc_0330.jpg

D01FC9D3202AB1F4331A63BDFEACC583.jpg

DSC01610.jpg

yase3.jpg

DSCN7279-1024x768.jpg

1044043_432667336848944_237907541_n.jpg

1003408_432668153515529_615512905_n.jpg

1010071_432667326848945_1347785231_n.jpg

970525_465924353501927_1589767703_n.jpg

I hope not, French and especially the Dutch are really cold people (personal experience). If someone asks for directions, you walk with them till they find what they were looking for, it's your responsibility to make sure they arrive safely at their destination and never leave until you see them safely enter. If they want something to drink or eat... At least that's what Albanians do. What can I say? It's culture clash.

I've noticed more that the Balkan people wanting to portrary others as crude charicatures. Am I doing that? No. Are you doing that? Yes. Am I posting perfectly fine photos represetative of the overwhelming majority of people? Yes. Are you making stupid excuses? Yes and they're getting more and more ridiculous. All you're trying to say "Your pictures don't look Arab enough to me so let me fix it with some cherrypicking" http://duckduckgrayduck.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/stahp.jpg

If I wanted to post "beautified" images, here's one from beauty pageants just so people can tell the difference.

You didn't understood. I thought, I was enough clear.

In Serbian there is adage (it is no offense, in context):

"Frog saw forging horses..."

Jevg, Gabel, Ashkali, Magjup. Are these better? Everything is offensive. Roma is offensive to Romanians, have you noticed the similarities in names? What you're posting is offensive. You must be really desperate to play the politically correct card. What's next? Grammar?

Ok, it is your opinion. And for it there is adage but another time.

Every man is human being and Rom too.

For me it is interesting that someone notices differences between Gegs and Tosks (for example haplogroups have differences although haplogroups and racial images and faces are different things).

Albanian, elite, Kosovo (Geg)

327394548lajmetari327394548.jpg

It would be good to see more pictures of Tosks.

Garrick said:
You didn't understood. I thought, I was enough clear.

In Serbian there is adage (it is no offense, in context):

"Frog saw forging horses..."

Ok, it is your opinion. And for it there is adage but another time.

Every man is human being and Rom too.

For me it is interesting that someone notices differences between Gegs and Tosks (for example haplogroups have differences although haplogroups and racial images and faces are different things).

It would be good to see more pictures of Tosks.
Yes you were clear: "These people don't look Arab enough to me, let me fix it". That's all what you're doing, and actions speak louder than words. This isn't a topic about gypsies, so keep them out.

Well, since you want to see Tosks so badly:
183attach1img230045mt2rqn8.jpg

I'm posting both here. That's why I post people in traditional costumes so much, you can tell the region they're from.
This is Gheg for example:
0053.jpg

This is Tosk:
0953.jpg

And these are people from everywhere, since it's Tirana:
NSFnS.jpg

Pamja+nga+ceremonia.JPG

fQaSWNx.jpg

BgT2b.jpg

Yes you were clear: "These people don't look Arab enough to me, let me fix it". That's all what you're doing, and actions speak louder than words. This isn't a topic about gypsies, so keep them out.

Well, since you want to see Tosks so badly.

I love all people, including Roma. You began first to talk about Roma.

I talk about authenticity and not about beautified images.

And pictures are real, from the life. Albanian dervish; several Albanian women.

kosovo_dervishes2.jpg

cr_mega_718_kosovo-scarf.jpg

And pictures are real, from the life.

Love them. Marry them. I don't care. I know life here and you don't. You shouldn't talk about things you don't know. Asking questions is one thing, but pretendng to know it's a completely different thing. Your Gorani pictures are off topic.

BTW some Tosk Albanians
375345_340140422768303_864037058_n.jpg

295077_412088502240161_721428070_n.jpg

Sports teams
Images.ashx

1.jpg

kombetarja-u-19-para-Belgjikes-3-1-800x417.jpg

922875_407829545999390_1334935376_n.jpg

922870_407765539339124_49948041_n.jpg

976283_601702556521110_714632220_o.jpg

474803_601703003187732_1906852134_o.jpg

965124_601875879837111_1571174709_o.jpg

964411_601882926503073_1433392121_o.jpg

981318_601699939854705_1029433271_o.jpg

468481_601699953188037_344795676_o.jpg

468603_601700239854675_713643403_o.jpg

976889_601700993187933_954436729_o.jpg

705129_601702456521120_21901142_o.jpg

Well, since you want to see Tosks so badly:
183attach1img230045mt2rqn8.jpg

This is Tosk Albanian too (elite).

krenar-lasko-ok.jpg

And someone can see there are differences between Tosks and Gegs in physical look.Human beings should be real.

Love them. Marry them. I don't care. I know life here and you don't. You shouldn't talk about things you don't know.

Every human being, including Roma people, has own value.

Christianity teaches love.

And someone can see there are differences between Tosks and Gegs in physical look.Human beings should be real.

Every human being, including Roma people, has own value.

Christianity teaches love.

Indeed, Tosks are softer featured in general. But can be often mistaken with each other. You can tell from my pictures what's representaive look and what's not (your pictures).

Roma's are certanly not segregated in their own ghettos in Albania, which I can't say the same from my trip to Serbia. I'm not gonna talk about that, that is the least of your problems. Spite most definitely is the biggest, everything you do, you do it out of spite. So Christian of you. Someone's just fine? Let's ruin it. Again personal observation from my travels. Of course not everyone was like that.

Thanks for the lessons on Christianity, my mother's Orthodox, so Christmas is in January but Merry Christmas even to the ones who celebrates it on 25th. Don't worry no country better than Albania knows what religion tolerance is. Look how happy our religious leaders are to be with each other:
4633331134_a2e3ec7341_o.jpg

http://globalministries.org/news/mee/religious-leaders-of-albania-sig.html

So much has been written about the religion tolerance of Albania:
How Albania's Religious Mix Offers an Example for the Rest of the World
Albania Celebrates 100 years of religious tolerance
Albania: A Nation of Unique Inter-Religious tolerance (that's a scholarly paper, you can't just post pictures to disagree with that, you have to write your own)
The inter-religious tolerance of the Albanian multi-religious society (also scholarly paper)
Religious Tolerance: Albania. Conference. Summaries
The Albanian Model for Religious Tolerance
Island of Peace: Documentary on Religious Coexistence in Albania (even UNESCO had something to say)
Or I'm just linking you to a book written describing Religion Tolerance in Albania and on Amazon
A Compilation of examples of Religion Tolerance in Albania (we haven't trademarked religious tolerance, but we seemed to be the only one to have it, why is that?)
Albania's 2012 Religious Freedom Report
Clinton's envoys: Religious tolerance in Albania, 'par excellence'
FEATURE: Albanian religions blend together after hard times
Documentary seeks to explain why Albanians saved Jews in Holocaust (human beings are human beings regardless of religion)

Lastly and most importantly, we never had inter-religous wars that destroyed the country from inside. Instead we celebrate. If you want to know, religious tolerance is awesome and it's worth sharing with the world. Unlike hate, but you insist don't you? Does Christianity teach you to spread hate? It's pretty hypocritical of you to use Christianity like that. Your words say you're spreading love, but your actions prove the opposite and it's what you do that matters. Just look at Pope Francis. He is wildely loved by even non-Christians and for a good reason. His actions inspire godness and that's what Christianity teaches. Unlike you, your actions only inspire more hate. Spare your words of love, actions matter most. Everything you've posted so far in this topic has been inflamatory.

I would like to give credit to the religion whose influence made all this tolerance possible in Albania by simply combining the best two quarreling religions and getting rid of their worst:
3129213328_d73e36b685_z.jpg

A toast to pantheistic love. It's too bad it's banned in so many countries, countries that need it most.

Last edited:
Indeed, Tosks are softer featured in general.

This is possible, and may seem logical.

Don't worry no country better than Albania knows what religion tolerance is.

It is good.

Although a lot of ethnic and religious communities were victims in Albania in the 19th and 20th century under various regimes or assimilated.

But you can see these Albanians protest:

001-fyrom-albanian-muslim-2.jpg

First of all, thanks to zemra posting pictures which include most albanians, and which is very representative, I also saw one of the University in Tetovo Macedonia (Where all of the students are Albanian, I was there I know that), and yes zemra you are right we are very tolerant about religion, I like that.

And one thing I forgot, are we really talking about religion in a more or less science Forum? I dont think religion has anything to do here.

And one thing I forgot, are we really talking about religion in a more or less science Forum? I dont think religion has anything to do here.

None of religion can escape (nor atheists). And lot of scientists are religious. But religion is not here punch line, religion exists and every human being bears in mind it.

People generally have an aspiration to set embellished picture of reality. And it is all right.

But there are second, third... etc. pictures. And not all of the images are beautiful, but it is a reality.

Every man or woman who comes from West Europe in Kosovo, Albania, or Balkans generally can see people, situation, reality. Balkans generally had fall, and earlier is quite far behind.

I think it is better that pictures of people, country, situation... be authentic. To give life as it is. The best pictures are when master photographer catch the moment.

Of course, every member can put what he/she wants. And these pictures express different images and situations.

If someone wants to see reality, people etc. it is the best to come at the destination.

Zemra, thank you for the nice photos, they are absolutely lovely and vibrating.

@Garrick please stop posting photos of people who are not ethnic Albanians. You seem to confuse totally the nationality with ethnicity - they are not the same. There can always be people among Albanians who are ethnic Gorani or Ashkali or Turks, but they are Kosovo or Albanian nationals.

Let us spice it up a bit since the occasional photos do not seem convincing, let us see some beauties>

donaldphotoshoot081.jpg

Ms. Kosovo 2008 Zana Krasniqi speaks to the press as Ms. Kosovo 2009 Marigona Dragusha listens in.

in order
L to R
Montengrian
Monteegrian
croatian
slovene/croatian
austrian/slovene/friulian

This is that everybody miss when is racial question of Balkans, specially so-called Garrick who think that Serbs are source of genes in that country where they came at a point of time.

Reality is that Albanians are a substrate: racial, cultural and linguistic.

There is no concidence that it's a wide region which was inhabited by illyrians and thracians, and today are dinarics in race, and have many similarities in language and folklore.

With the coming of germans, hungarians and slavs, these substrate population fled to the mountainous areas of Kosovo and Albania.

And pictures are real, from the life. Albanian dervish; several Albanian women.

kosovo_dervishes2.jpg

cr_mega_718_kosovo-scarf.jpg

Garrick, your pictures are tendencious and racist. Other members here have brought pictures with collectives of people which represent the population. You bring here some unveryfied pictures which curiously seems "darker" then other pictures, the same pictures which Serb nationalists post on Stormfront.org

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 32911 times.

Back