Racism in Europe.

There are 1 million ethnic Indonesians in the Netherlands and there are virtually no problems associated with them.
Confrontation creating groups are different, I've listed them above and they are not from the former colonies!

And it's a faulty (actually pretty dangerous if you start digging and revealing all the facts) reasoning that filling up a country with migrants somehow compensates whatever the ancestors of current Dutch (or Europeans in general) did to the ancestors of peoples who live in former colonies.

Indonesians (and east asians in general) are well adapted into the Dutch society. Immigrants of other European countries integrate well too. So from that perspective multi-cilturalism seems to work. It's a different story though when it comes to muslims who seem unwilling to integrate. Even second and third generations. Some other ethnicities cause problems too.

Indeed, most groups who create problems in the Netherlands are not from former colonies, but they have been invited there as guestworkers in the sixties. There was a proces which selected immigrants which were most fit to work.

Still, as I said, the situation is Greece is very different. Those immigrants have jumped fence. There has been no selection (usually carry diseases), no invitation, they are not from former colonies, their culture usually clashes with Greek culture and Greece does not have the same industrial activity as Northwestern Europe. Not to mention that Greece has an economic meltdown. Altogether, a perfect recipe for disaster.

I am surprised that nothing serious has happened yet, but I know that even though racism may be rising in Greece, it is traditionally a leftist country.

This thread has been viewed 68272 times.

Back