Politics Should Crimea be an independent country? (Russian-Ukrainian conflict)

There is other thing Putin is afraid of. If Ukraine gets in western influence it will surely join NATO in few years. If it happens Russia's base in Crimea will be in NATO territory.
I think for that reason Putin will not let Crimea go.

I do not think Putin reasons, it is unstable and emotional being, is that Angela Merkel has forgotten not say in private. For all people and also the Russian, it would be advisable not to wait 2018, and if he could not be there, for the happiness of mankind.
At the moment the only real option is to economic war on Russia, Europe without Russia can no longer anything. Yesterday was in France for the first time considered the exploitation of shale oil if necessary. France did not warm position of Germany and even harder than america and yet Putin remains calm with us, then maybe we have the method to talk to him and we are always available to defend the civilian population in Syria already our president pointed out that we could not remain without reaction in the case of Russian troops defile the territory of Ukraine, on the other hand France will revise upward its weapons program and also England, France already significantly reduced trade with Russia, except for Renault and the production and sale sales warship and electronic systems.
since the annexation of Tchettchenia then amputation Georgia tracking threat to Latvia, France to put the economic distance with Putin's Russia and Syria gives us the reason.

There is other thing Putin is afraid of. If Ukraine gets in western influence it will surely join NATO in few years. If it happens Russia's base in Crimea will be in NATO territory.
I think for that reason Putin will not let Crimea go.

I think this is the biggest reason why Russia will not back down, no matter what the cost. Putin doesn't want NATO in Crimea. Everyone in the west (or at least everyone who is sane) is afraid of the big, bad Russian bear, but we have to understand that Russia is afraid of another invasion from the west - the last one is still well remembered in Russia. And Crimea is right below the Russian heartland. Russia wants Crimea, and if possible the rest of the eastern and southern parts of what is now the Ukraine. So anyone who thinks that Russia can be convinced to leave Crimea is fooling themselves, I think. The Russian leaders genuinely think that Russia must fight for Crimea if necessary, in order to be safe. And failing to understand why the other guy is digging in his heels is what leads to war.

I think this is the biggest reason why Russia will not back down, no matter what the cost. Putin doesn't want NATO in Crimea. Everyone in the west (or at least everyone who is sane) is afraid of the big, bad Russian bear, but we have to understand that Russia is afraid of another invasion from the west - the last one is still well remembered in Russia. And Crimea is right below the Russian heartland. Russia wants Crimea, and if possible the rest of the eastern and southern parts of what is now the Ukraine. So anyone who thinks that Russia can be convinced to leave Crimea is fooling themselves, I think. The Russian leaders genuinely think that Russia must fight for Crimea if necessary, in order to be safe. And failing to understand why the other guy is digging in his heels is what leads to war.

I agree with you, it is for fear of Russian modernity that embodies Europe. Putin embodies the old ractionnaire retrograde mentality that wants to use the CIS fortress.
Putin is in the logic of the war of position, Putin can not understand modern weapons, it is still in the Second World War.
It would be easy even for France to take the Crimea and without tanks. But it is even easier to kneel the Russian economy, the Russian will soon wake to the painful reality.

Every civilised country allows gays to have their own magazines, newspapers, websites, etc. Russia has a ban on "gay propaganda".
In the USA itself half of states don't allow gay marriage and stuff... so can we talk about "uncivilised barbarians" in America?

Russia has a ban on "gay propaganda".
In Russia banned only gay propaganda among minors, do you support brainwashing of children?

Russian women aren't totally free
Believe me they are more free than American woman can dream, that is why you have feminism and I do not. And that feminism pretty crazy. I have heard that in America there is a chance to be put behind bars just for a simple sign of attention to woman. I can be jailed for giving flowers to a girl?
confused.gif

If they were, they wouldn't have Pussy Riot. Do you not consider Pussy Riot to be feminists? Or do you consider them to be "terrorists" as your government portrays them?

Pussy Riot is your agents to discredit my government, it's like 2X2=4 standard Western subversive activities. Their mission 1) to provoke 2) to get response from government 3) to declare how "bad" my government is...
laughing.gif

The problem with west is always the same - it's empire which expanding and it's trying to absorb mine Gårdarike, since Russia have pretty close culture. Russia as an eyesore in the west because RF proves that there is another way of development in some values.

I

The problem with west is always the same - it's empire which expanding and it's trying to absorb mine Gårdarike, since Russia have pretty close culture. Russia as an eyesore in the west because RF proves that there is another way of development in some values.
Russia, North Korea, Iran, Taliban, Syria, Venezuela and Al Qaeda (and Ike) are the only countries and organizations having problem with the West. You are in great company!

Can't you realize that methods of Tzars and Soviet Union don't work anymore in modern world? You made all the countries around you into your enemies, except Belarus, Good Job, congratulations!
Now you working hard to alienate Ukraine and making it the biggest one.

Not really true. Russia, Belarus, Armenia, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan and maybe Tajikistan are becoming a new UNION again. All HUGE friends of Russia!
China, and many Latin countries in South America will be allies of that Union too. Countries like Brazil (up coming nation), India will drive a trade with that new ('Russian') Union. There're plenty of countries to whom Russia can sell its oil and gas. From the Eastern Europe all the way to China those countries will live in harmony with each other!
The U.S. wanted 1 NEW world order. But thank god this will never happen! Ok, maybe it will be a cold war again, but it is still better than 1 new world order with the U.S. on top!

The U.S. FAILED big time, all what they try to do is to take as much territory away from Russia!

Interesting survey of Russians:
sld057.gif

80% of Russians dream about Great Empire!
That's what I've said before. It is not just Putin as dictator against ordinary Russians. Putin is a "consolidation" of most Russian's desires.

Levada Centre published the result of the poll conducted in May among 1600 Russians. The results give an interesting picture of what countries Russians consider its friends and what countries its enemies.
So, people think that the following countries are friends of Russia:
1. Byelorussia 46%
2. Germany 23%
3. Kazakhstan 20%
4. Ukraine 17%
5. India 16%
6. France 13%
7. China 12%
8. USA 11%
9. Bulgaria 11%
10. Armenia 10%
And the list of enemies of Russia:
1. Latvia 49%
2. Lithuania 48%
3. Georgia 38%
4. Estonia 32%
5. USA 23%
6. Ukraine 13%
7. Afghanistan 12%
8. Iraq 10%
9. Japan 6%
10. Iran 6%
Ukraine and the USA are in both lists. That tells a lot.
http://konstantin2005.blogspot.ca/2005/06/friends-and-enemies-of-russia.html

182508356.jpg

http://en.ria.ru/infographics/20130...r-Foe--How-Russians-View-Other-Countries.html

It would be equally interesting to find what other countries think about Russia.

I agree with you, it is for fear of Russian modernity that embodies Europe. Putin embodies the old ractionnaire retrograde mentality that wants to use the CIS fortress.
Putin is in the logic of the war of position, Putin can not understand modern weapons, it is still in the Second World War.
It would be easy even for France to take the Crimea and without tanks. But it is even easier to kneel the Russian economy, the Russian will soon wake to the painful reality.

You don't understand. Russia is in fact quite strong. And yet Russians are fearful, because of the horrible slaughter of Russians during WWII. Before the problems with the Ukraine erupted, Russians were preoccupied with protecting their flank in the Balkans, which is probably why LeBrok's charts show that the average Russian was most likely to see a Baltic country as Russia's worst enemy. But now Russia is thinking about the possibility of NATO troops being able to enter Crimea, so now Russia is preoccupied with protecting its southwest flank. Putin will not have a difficult time convincing the average Russian to be afraid of the spectre of NATO (including German) troops being able to gather south of the Russian heartland. That's why the situation in the Ukraine is such a dangerous situation - Russia won't back down at any cost.

Typo - I meant "Russians were preoccupied with protecting their flank in the Baltic"

Last edited:
Tone of your posts is derogatory towards recent situation in Ukraine and all you post are nazi related pictures to discredit any pro western movement. This is an obsessive and narrow minded behavior. You with your wide geopolitical knowledge should know that there is more to it than nazi.

Obviously, because that's the one of the biggest problems in the Ukraine at the moment.

LeBrok said:
Farther degrading, everything pro western or independent from Russia, in Ukraine to nazi of fascist statement will not be tolerated any longer.
Everything? Where have I said that? Why are you making things up again? Where have I mentioned Russia anyway in that context. I've never connected the Ukrainian nazi problem with Russians, and still haven't related to them in any serious way. My question was about western leaders which don't support democratic choice of the people, and support violent revolution without demanding for the new elections.

The fact that you didn't react when real statement of that kind was made from the other side, shows that you didn't notice it cause that you thought that kind of thinking is normal :) This reveals your position, and your bias.
The EU is good, The West is good, and Russia and it's allies are the ones that are bad, the ones that sensible nations in the international community do nit respect, because they are all a group of bullies and assholes.

LeBrok said:
You had your chance to be objective, but all we hear and see from you is nazi, nazi, nazi in relation to Ukraine.
Thank you for your "cultured geopolitical" input.

So what would be better topic at this moment? To ignore the nazi problem, and to talk about Ukrainian money color, or the weather in the Ukraine?
If you don't recognize the problem it's fine with me, but why are you so eager to shut other people up and not let 'em discuss?

And why are you again trying to make it like I want to make look Ukraine a nazi country. It is totally not true, it has nothing to do with what I am talking about. The precise percentage of nazis in their country could be probably found somewhere on the internet, but it's of no real importance what number it is. Problem is why do "self-proclaimed" democratic countries try to keep their involvement in the Ukrainian revolution hidden.

Obviously, because that's the one of the biggest problems in the Ukraine at the moment.
Yes it is a problem but way behind poverty and foreign troops on their soil, which you failed to address with your self proclamed geopolitical expertise.

Everything? Where have I said that? Why are you making things up again? Where have I mentioned Russia anyway in that context. I've never connected the Ukrainian nazi problem with Russians, and still haven't related to them in any serious way. My question was about western leaders which don't support democratic choice of the people, and support violent revolution without demanding for the new elections.

The fact that you didn't react when real statement of that kind was made from the other side, shows that you didn't notice it cause that you thought that kind of thinking is normal :) This reveals your position, and your bias.

So what would be better topic at this moment? To ignore the nazi problem, and to talk about Ukrainian money color, or the weather in the Ukraine?
If you don't recognize the problem it's fine with me, but why are you so eager to shut other people up and not let 'em discuss?

And why are you again trying to make it like I want to make look Ukraine a nazi country. It is totally not true, it has nothing to do with what I am talking about. The precise percentage of nazis in their country could be probably found somewhere on the internet, but it's of no real importance what number it is. Problem is why do "self-proclaimed" democratic countries try to keep their involvement in the Ukrainian revolution hidden.
Your "objectivism" is well known on Eupedia on this thread and any thread about Albanians. Looks like degrading ethnicities that you don't like is your hobby.

No, but they've been dealt with, and now they're in the mice holes.

Those are not even groups. Even if they organized a rally, they wouldn't have filled a bus :)

edit: This is one article from 2009 about foundation of the movement. As you can see it hasn't even got one comment. Not even negative ones. People don't even know they exist. There is like 100 of them in the whole state, and most of them is in jails. What with them?
http://srbskiporedak.blogspot.com/2009/07/combat-18.html

Anyway what's that got to do with Ukraine? why do you people feel the need to intentionally divert the topic of conversation like this, when you don't have the facts to confront about the subject itself. What's that got to do with problems arising in Ukraine. Are Bosnian and Canadian nazists about to overthrow their governments?

I guess once again, you are wrong. Combat 18 has tons of foreign money flowing in, and is becoming quite powerful. Did you even read one of my last posts? I guess you didn't. Here is is below:

My self said:
The photo LeBrok posted featured a photo of Combat 18 members, who are acting legally in Serbia. Below is an article about them:

InSerbia said:
“Blood and Honor” was formed in Serbia in 1995, and the base of the organization is in the UK. Number 18 represents the first and the eighth letter of the alphabet – initials of Adolf Hitler.

A large number of neo-Nazi organizations are at the same time the nucleus of the “United Force” fan group of FK “Rad”.

In addition to “Blood and Honor”, in Serbia there are three other neo-Nazi organizations – ” skinheads” , ” racial nationalists” and “National Front”.

Unlike the “National Front”, which exists in 18 countries, and the “skinheads” which were the official organizations, “Blood and Honor” was organized as a violent underground movement.

That group has no leading figure in Serbia, as “Obraz” (Mladen Obradovic) and the “National Front” (Goran Davidovic Fuhrer) has, but the conceptual core makes convicted older members organized in cells like a terrorist group.

“National Front” was banned in June 2011 and “Obraz” was banned a year later.

“Blood and Honor” organized in 2003 the combat unit “Combat 18″.

What particularly makes “Blood and Honor” and “Combat 18″ dangerous is international funding, whose assets are intended to spread Nazi propaganda, publishing magazines and websites, and to help the arrested members.

The money is also intended for travel to meetings, and to carry out violent actions.

You don't understand. Russia is in fact quite strong. And yet Russians are fearful, because of the horrible slaughter of Russians during WWII. Before the problems with the Ukraine erupted, Russians were preoccupied with protecting their flank in the Balkans, which is probably why LeBrok's charts show that the average Russian was most likely to see a Baltic country as Russia's worst enemy. But now Russia is thinking about the possibility of NATO troops being able to enter Crimea, so now Russia is preoccupied with protecting its southwest flank. Putin will not have a difficult time convincing the average Russian to be afraid of the spectre of NATO (including German) troops being able to gather south of the Russian heartland. That's why the situation in the Ukraine is such a dangerous situation - Russia won't back down at any cost.

if you think that Russia is strong is that you've never been.
Russia is big but only its surface, you're a little naive to think that the surface = power
Russia militarily for fear of France and the UK but not Germany. Currently Russia needs France for its modern military equipment; France is his supplier.
You do not know much the actual geopolitical situation.
Today France has succeeded in forcing germany and therefore to Europe via IMF with EUROPEANBANK 11 Billions euros with emergency 1 billion that poured U.S., this equates to 12 billion Russian.
And it is expected more aid and a process of rapid integration into the European economy.
This is achieved by France, UK, USA.
The U.S. will also vote funding to help Ukraine and we may be the answer tomorrow, on the other hand the non-Russian gas should be supplied to Ukraine.
The party has already begun and the grant of French stocks fell of 2 %, for Russia it is 15 % and it risks of accelerer; France which imports 10 % of the gas of Russia is going to bring back the rate to 0 %, France asks in Germany to reduce its percentage.

Russia has the seventh-largest economy in the world. The European Union has the biggest economy in the world. The United States has the second-largest economy in the world. The EU is Russia's largest trading partner. And over 80% of Russian gas exports go to the EU. Russian state-owned companies like Lukoil operate in many western markets like the EU, and the US. Whenever I go on a highway in the US, I always see dozens of Lukoil stations. Most EU nations are part of NATO, which has the largest army in the world by budget. Russia has the third-largest army by budget in the world, and the fifth-largest military in the world by personnel size. Russia has 140,000,000 people. Indonesia has 238,000,000 people. The EU has about 508,000,000 people. The EU has almost four times the population of Russia. (And the EU's population will only grow with the addition of nations like Turkey, which is forecasted to have over 100,000,000 by 2040-2050.) Russia has a declining birthdate, and the birthdate of ethnic Russians is lower than Siberians, Asian Russians, Chechens, Chinese Russians, Koreans Russians, etc.

Russia is only in decline. (Other than it's emerging middle class), and it's influence is becoming weaker and weaker. Sure they are trying to reverse this trend with initiatives like The Eurasian Union, and invading Crimea, invading George and installing puppet regimes, etc. But they will not succeed in this. Even if The Eurasian Union is formed, it will never be as large, or as powerful as The Soviet Union.

In addition, because of The EU being Russia's largest trading partner, it is idiotic for Russia to be doing what they are doing in the Crimea. If The EU placed economic sanctions on Russia, it would cripple Russia'a economy, and Russia would probably disintegrate into anarchy. At a time where many EU countries are going to tap into their natural gas deposits in order to decrease reliance on Russia, Putin does the stupidest decision of his career. I believe Putin thinks that the Crimea situation will be just like in South Ossetia and Abzhakia, where the international community didn't do anything about it, and let Russia take those two regions. But this is quite different. The EU and The West want Crimea and the Ukraine to be in their sphere of influence (to sign the Association Agreement, and later join The EU), and Ukraine wants this. Russia wants Crimea and the southern and eastern parts of Ukraine. And I really do not think The West will let them get them permeantly.

And also, what are you talking about "Russia's flank in The Balkans.", Russia has no territory, land, or oblast in The Balkans. It hasn't since the days of The Russian Empire!

So, in conclusion, Russia is not as powerful as you think it to be. Russia is now, as the Soviets would say, "a third world country."

Not really true. Russia, Belarus, Armenia, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan and maybe Tajikistan are becoming a new UNION again. All HUGE friends of Russia!

Other than Russia, they are all minor countries, with no real power, that no country other than Russia cares about. (The only way most people have heard of Kazakhstan is through Borat, anyway.) :LOL:

These countries all just follow Russia's orders, if Putin says the Ukraine's new government is illegitimate, and the result of an illegal coup, they will do the same. They are practically puppet nations.

And give Armenia time, but the Armenian people will have their own EuroMaidan, and their own revolution against their pro-Russian puppet of a leader. The same situation that triggered this crisis in Ukraine has occurred in Armenia. The leader of Armenia decided, at the least minute, to not sign The Association Agreement with The EU. To sign it would have been in the best interests of his people, but instead he has decided to join Russia's Customs Union, and The Eurasian Union. (Only because he follows Putin's orders, and what Putin says goes, and Putin didn't want him to sign the AA, and eventually join The EU.) Hopefully one day, the people of these countries oust their leaders, and install new leaders who will lead them on the path to Europe, freedom, and liberty.

Goga said:
China, and many Latin countries in South America will be allies of that Union too. Countries like Brazil (up coming nation), India will drive a trade with that new ('Russian') Union. There're plenty of countries to whom Russia can sell its oil and gas. From the Eastern Europe all the way to China those countries will live in harmony with each other!
The U.S. wanted 1 NEW world order. But thank god this will never happen! Ok, maybe it will be a cold war again, but it is still better than 1 new world order with the U.S. on top!

The U.S. FAILED big time, all what they try to do is to take as much territory away from Russia!
China will be allies with whoever it pays for them to be allies with. China is not really communist. They are a corrupt dictatorship who only cares about making money. So, if they will do business with and make money with The Eurasian Union, then sure, they will be allies with them. But, they will be allies with The EU too, if they can make money off of them. The only Latin American nation that will be The Eurasian Union's ally will be Venezeula (but, it seems like they are going to depose their current leader, so if they do that, then they won't be allies with the EaU.)

All other Latin American countries care about improving trade and relations with the big, powerful nations. Most Latin American countries and regional blocs like MERCOSUR, etc, are working on Association Agreements, Free Trade Agreements, and various other treaties with The EU. None of them that I know of are doing this with Russia at the moment. Many Latin American countries have very close relations with The EU as a whole, or eU members; for examples Argentina and Spain, Brazil and Portugal, The UK and Chile, Italy and Argentina, Mexico and Spain, etc.

India's PM and David Cameron (British PM), have talked about "The New Special Relationship", between India and The UK. The UK wants to strengthen it's ties with Commonwealth countries, and India is the largest (and arguably most important) Commonwealth nation. India and The UK are very close, and have a very close, and good relationship. To think that India would leave The Commonwealth of Nations, and forge ties with a much weaker, smaller, less important union with little clout would be ridiculous. Many in The UK even want to leave The EU, and create a Commonwealth Union between different Commonwealth nations, or even stay in The EU, and incorporate some of The Commonwealth nations into The EU.

Vast majority (80%) of Russian gas and oil goes to EU nations. Many EU nations are going to get their own gas and oil in order to nit be dependent on Russia. When they do this, Russia's economy will shrink, and once they don't need any or little Russian gas and oil, the Russian economy will tank. Most of Russia's allies (Iran, Venezuela, different former Soviet nations, China, North Korea, etc) have their own gas reserves, and are, or will tap into them. Thus, in the near future (5 years, probably, maybe 10), Russia will only be able to export it in very small numbers, and this will only hurt Russia economically, and power-wise.

Russia and it's neighbours will not "live in harmony together!", as LeBrok has noted, Russia views mosts of it's neighbours and other countries as enemies. Such as, The EU, Japan, Afghanistan, Georgia, Ukraine, Azerbaijan, The Baltics, Finland, The US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, much of Africa, most of Latin America, South Korea, and many more.

Oh, the New World Order? :LOL:

That makes you sound quite credible. "What, are the Americans conspiring with the Europeans, the Grey Aliens, the Illuminati, ExxonMobil, Microsoft, the Commonwealth, and other to take over the world and plunge it into a dictatorship where no freedom is allowed? But no, great, free, haven of democracy and freedom, Mother Russia has saved the world from this once again!" :LOL:

If you get your "Kurdistan" (which I doubt), will it join this free, just, and great "Russian Union"?

First you say you are a Kurd. And that The West is oppressing all Kurds, has committed genocide of your people, gassed them, etc. Then you say you love The Netherlands, Europe, and The West. Then you say that the government of The Netherlands were the ones who gassed your people, killed them, etc. And that The West is bad, and wants to kill all Kurds, and that The British Empire made Kurds slaves. And then you say Russia has saved us from a New World Order, that Russia is a free country, that Russia has many friends and allies, and all this bullshit. Are you schizophrenic or are you just a flip-flopper?

And also to correct you, The British never made the Kurds slaves, the Kurds were insignificant to the British, as they are insignificant to the world, they have always been, and they still are today. The British treated the Kurds much better than post-colonial administrations did. And Churchill was a little bit preoccupied (ever heard or World War 2, of the bombing of Britain, or the invasion of many British territories by the Japanese, or losing a great empire?), to do the things you said he did to the Kurds.

I do not know where you read this horse manure, but read some actual history books, and read actual "facts" about history, about Russia, etc.

if you think that Russia is strong is that you've never been.
Russia is big but only its surface, you're a little naive to think that the surface = power
Russia militarily for fear of France and the UK but not Germany. Currently Russia needs France for its modern military equipment; France is his supplier.
You do not know much the actual geopolitical situation.
Today France has succeeded in forcing germany and therefore to Europe via IMF with EUROPEANBANK 11 Billions euros with emergency 1 billion that poured U.S., this equates to 12 billion Russian.
And it is expected more aid and a process of rapid integration into the European economy.
This is achieved by France, UK, USA.
The U.S. will also vote funding to help Ukraine and we may be the answer tomorrow, on the other hand the non-Russian gas should be supplied to Ukraine.
The party has already begun and the grant of French stocks fell of 2 %, for Russia it is 15 % and it risks of accelerer; France which imports 10 % of the gas of Russia is going to bring back the rate to 0 %, France asks in Germany to reduce its percentage.

No, I've never been to Russia, but I know Russia has a huge army, with lots of guns and tanks and aircraft, while France and Germany have very small armies in comparison, although the German armed forces seem to be very efficient. The French military is kind of a joke, actually. And western Europe is dependent on Russian natural gas, although it flows through Ukrainian pipelines, which makes things interesting.

And also, what are you talking about "Russia's flank in The Balkans.", Russia has no territory, land, or oblast in The Balkans. It hasn't since the days of The Russian Empire!

That was a typo. I mean "Baltic", not "Balkans", which should have been obvious from the context of what I said.

This is how powerful economically Russia (the Custom Union) is in today's world:
World_GDP.gif

Come and join Russian Union!
Even China is dwarfing now russian economic output. Looking at this map it is logical for Russia to look for partnership and defence with EU. Unfortunately Putin and many Russians still believe in Russian Empire.
Well, not in this century and not with 150 million people.

Мисля, че се разглежда Русия като територия, брой хора и брутен вътрешен продукт е наивен и крие много неща. Ресурси, които могат да мобилизират тази страна / аз дори не знам дали "страна" е думата / винаги надвишава това, което показват различни графики и статистики. Освен това, аз съм сигурен, че руснаците уважават и ценят европейските културни ценности, но изпълнението им е трудно / за сега / там.

Мисля, че се разглежда Русия като територия, брой хора и брутен вътрешен продукт е наивен и крие много неща. Ресурси, които могат да мобилизират тази страна / аз дори не знам дали "страна" е думата / винаги надвишава това, което показват различни графики и статистики. Освен това, аз съм сигурен, че руснаците уважават и ценят европейските културни ценности, но изпълнението им е трудно / за сега / там.
English translation via Google Translate:
kokki said:
I think Russia is seen as a territory, number of people and gross domestic product is naive and hides many things. Resources that can mobilize this country / I do not even know if "country" is the word /

This thread has been viewed 659212 times.

Back