Politics Should Crimea be an independent country? (Russian-Ukrainian conflict)

I heard about these stories.
I wonder how Russian GDP per capita in USD has increased ten-fold during Putin's time if he stole 200 billions.
Assuming he stole so much money from Russian people, how can he be a nationalist then?
I have doubts. I rather think there are different ways to calculate government wealth.

If searching for skeletons in Putin's closet, I'd rather check the events before the second chechnya operation. On the other hand, that's not our duty, since we are not russian citizens and others have many skeletons too, unfortunately.
Russian growth was quite good for some time, and kudos to Russians. Now the GDP is about 3 trillion dollars a year. Putin rules Russia for about 14 years now. It means that he was stealing about 13 billion a year. That's about 0.3% of GDP. It wouldn't make or brake Russian economy. However for one person 200 billion is a staggering amount. The biggest problem is that it didn't come from legitimate income. Morality of this man is very repulsive to say the least. No wonder he lies, deceives and treats neighbors like a bully.

Again, when ceasefire is under the way, Putin creates another provocation. A bomb is detonated during a peaceful pro government rally in Kharkiv.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-31575384
A bomb has killed at least two people, including a police officer, and injured at least 10 more people at a rally in Ukraine's second city Kharkiv.

We learn again, who wants peace and who wants war.

Ceasefire map.
_81135261_ukraine_ceasefire_lines_20.02.2015_624_v2.gif

Here we go, Russia gave independence to all she conquered and enslaved nations, same as British Empire did and few others. Nato is a union of independent countries and nobody feels a need to leave, to escape. But if they desire so they can leave at any moment. There is not even on example of Nato occupation of a country who wants to leave. On contrary, we have a very fresh example of Russian invasion of Ukraine who wants out off "Russian friendship".

So when will NATO let go of Hawai, Alaska? Lets give Russians an example how it's done, and leave Indian territories like USA and Canada? What are you doing on the other part of the ocean? Looking for better life on the misery of others, and here you are preaching high morality on the issues alike. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Again, when ceasefire is under the way, Putin creates another provocation. A bomb is detonated during a peaceful pro government rally in Kharkiv. We learn again, who wants peace and who wants war.

Do you really believe in what you say, or you just think we're all stupid?

So when will NATO let go of Hawai, Alaska? Lets give Russians an example how it's done, and leave Indian territories like USA and Canada? What are you doing on the other part of the ocean? Looking for better life on the misery of others, and here you are preaching high morality on the issues alike. You should be ashamed of yourself.
What Nato has to do with internal affairs of a country? Nato is an organization of fully independent countries. They can go whenever they want. Unlike Warsaw Pact of Russian vassal states union. You failed to give us the one example of a country being stopped militarily by Nato to leave the union. You need one to prove your point. We have examples of Warsaw pact troops stopping descendancy of Hungary and Czechoslovakia, and full disintegration of it once USSR collapsed.
Did Nato stopped pro independence movement in Hawaii or in Canadian Arctic?

Do you really believe in what you say, or you just think we're all stupid?
The question is, based on mentioned example above, why your brain blocks what is real and creates fictional world?

The question is, based on mentioned example above, why your brain blocks what is real and creates fictional world?

Because maybe, I've lived through all that and suffered the consequences of EU democracy, the UN hypocrisy, and NATO war mongering, aggression, subversion and political terrorism, while you are living thousands kms away :)

Jane Doe: Please sir, help me, they are raping me.
LeBrok: No, no you're not being raped...
Jane Doe: But I am. There is a man raping me, and it hurts.
LeBrok: No, you got it all wrong, he is making love to you.
Jane Doe: Sir, please, trust me I know I am being raped. Please help me or call the police.
LeBrok: No, trust me, I can see pretty well here from afar. You're enjoying it, you just think you're being raped.

Because maybe, I've lived through all that and suffered the consequences of EU democracy, the UN hypocrisy, and NATO war mongering, aggression, subversion and political terrorism, while you are living thousands kms away :)
Don't forget I lived in Warsaw Pact with Soviet Union as a "friend". Now I live in Nato and nobody tells me what to think and how to vote.

Jane Doe: Please sir, help me, they are raping me.
LeBrok: No, no you're not being raped...
Jane Doe: But I am. There is a man raping me, and it hurts.
LeBrok: No, you got it all wrong, he is making love to you.
Jane Doe: Sir, please, trust me I know I am being raped. Please help me or call the police.
LeBrok: No, trust me, I can see pretty well here from afar. You're enjoying it, you just think you're being raped.
Are we back to your psychopathic tendencies?

QUOTE]
Ikke, are you originally from Serbia? and lived through the Balkan wars?

Ukraine's subject will last at least a decade,

Ukraine's subject will last at least a decade,

I think it will end in a year (in 2016). This war fully depends on Putin's will to send this solgers, arms and propaganda against Ukrainians. In the long run the worst part is propaganda and fuelling hatred of Russians against all of the Ukrainian Nation and the West. One should not forget that the ultimate cause of this war is Putin's wish of keeping th power. Before the Ukrainian war his popularity was going down and now with all the propoganda he is in the top ratings, as before during the Georgian war or the Chechen war. But I don't think this crazy paranoiac atmosphere can last for too long. Russia cannot go back to the times of Stalin or Breznev.

I think it will end in a year (in 2016). This war fully depends on Putin's will to send this solgers, arms and propaganda against Ukrainians. In the long run the worst part is propaganda and fuelling hatred of Russians against all of the Ukrainian Nation and the West. One should not forget that the ultimate cause of this war is Putin's wish of keeping th power. Before the Ukrainian war his popularity was going down and now with all the propoganda he is in the top ratings, as before during the Georgian war or the Chechen war. But I don't think this crazy paranoiac atmosphere can last for too long. Russia cannot go back to the times of Stalin or Breznev.

Ι do not think Putin is going to step on Kiev, maybe East ukraine, but West Ukraine :useless:

we live in a new cold war era, they like new division so to 'conguer' easy.
it is possible to see 2 ukraine, 2 syria, 2 iraq, etc etc,
we might even see 2 EU

So that means that Putin instigated the anti-russian Maidan coup to ignite civil war wich would incrrease his 60% popularity up to 85%.
Probably he even pushed the enlargement of NATO already when he was in KGB in USSR in order to have an enemy to fight against for even more popularity.
Amazing theories...

Don't forget I lived in Warsaw Pact with Soviet Union as a "friend". Now I live in Nato and nobody tells me what to think and how to vote.
And that pact does not exist anymore. But the other one does.

Are we back to your psychopathic tendencies?
I guess. The behavior of the main protagonist is quite psychopathic. He stands aside and thinks his mental powers give him better interpretation of reality than of people who actually experience it.

Dagne said:
Ikke, are you originally from Serbia? and lived through the Balkan wars?
Not originally. I'm currently residing in Serbia. Yes, been here in Yugoslavia the whole time.

And that pact does not exist anymore. But the other one does.
Because what is good and beneficial lasts. Crap disintegrates quickly.

This picture explains why there is civil war. Election results Timoshenko - Yanukovich:
500px-%D0%94%D1%80%D1%83%D0%B3%D0%B8%D0%B9_%D1%82%D1%83%D1%80_2010_%D0%BF%D0%BE_%D0%BE%D0%BA%D1%80%D1%83%D0%B3%D0%B0%D1%85-en.png

So any ideas from Kiev? Ukrainian TV: 1,5 Million Must Be Exterminated

If people prefer to vote for different candidates it does not mean the civil war. In other countries too there are regular differences in how the regions/cities vote, but it does not lead to a civil war. Think of Mariupol now. Locals may disagree regarding political parties and other issues, but without Russian war machine the city will remain peaceful. Unfortunately, Moscow are drawing more and more forces across the border and it does not promise anything good. Look, it is recent - Russian army units with " Tornado" getting into the Ukrainian territory... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHtPFV0yJjY It was filmed by Finnish journalists.

Think in comparisons - what would you think if France decided that some region in Spain was much closer to France and started sending its army, so that the region could declare independence (whilst with the French army on ground) and then to stard the so called "a civil war" in Spain?

Unlike you, I don't care if they are for or against. This was my point. I'm saying that they are free to make their own mind. That's how democracy works. I'm hoping that you going to get it one day.

Ukrainians consider Donbass as their territory. Why would they block economic relation of Donbass with Russia? To make whole Ukraine even poorer?!!!

What?! Yanukovych sent soldiers to Nato for training? Maybe there were Russian spies lol?

What? Whatever.

How can you even compare these two referendums. It must be from pure desperation to save Putin's face.

:) Desperation is on your side because you claim that 97% per 83% turnover is a farce, while 89% per 100% is no farce.

All were British citizens already for almost 200 years, all speaking english, 70% ethnic British the rest a mix from around the world

So all Crimeans were Russian citizens from 200 years.

, and Britain has much better economy than Argentina.

So Russia has much better economy than Ukraine. Wages in Russia were three time higher than in Ukraine back then.
Do you notice something?

I don't see Argentinian minority in the mix to vote for Argentina, do you?

No. And do you remember that the Tatar leader claimed that the Tatars would not participate in the referendum?

250px-Distribution_of_ethnic_groups_in_Crimea_2001.png

Official count says 97% voted for Russia with 83% attendance. It means that all Russians, all Tatars (we know how they love Russians), all others and one third of Ukrainians voted "Yes joining Russia" for official numbers to be true!

It seems you seriously try to convince me that 97% per 83% turnover are "farce" and 89% per 100% are no farce. (assuming you trust PEW, or does "P" in PEW stand for Putin? GFK is even higher, but too new.)
That means that your claim is based on 14% difference only. Not convincing at all, but ok, let's see from where the 14% might come from:

The Tatar leader claimed that the 12% Tatars do not participate in that referendum. So it is safe to assume the biggest "nay"-sayer group is already within the 17% non-participants, leaving more "yes"-sayers within the rest.
In maximum case, already only these Tatars (12%) come close to the 14%. Since I do not believe that all Tatars were not participating (50% came to vote later in the afternoon), let's assume 6%. Let's not be mean and assume also that those tatars who voted were 50% "nay"-sayers, so that leaves 3%. So 14%-3% remains 11% to explain:

According to russian sources 20000 out of 22000 ukrainian soldiers from Crimea were joining the russian army (92%; it would explain why there was no fight). Since the source is russian, let's not be mean and assume that only 50% of Ukrainians were "yes"-sayers, which would be 12%. Since 12% is already more than 11%, already here is nothing left to argue why the referendum would be a farce. It should be even higher than 97%.

Just for fun, let's look at the 6% others: I have only informations about the 2500 German minority living in Crimea. Their leader said that all of them (100%) will vote "yes": http://www.n-tv.de/politik/Krim-Deutsche-waehlen-Russland-article12468496.html
I don't care if you'll start hating Germans now, because it will just further expose you.

Salaries in March 2014 were three-fold higher in Russia than in Ukraine, and army salary even four-fold higher. Since situation has much worsened in Ukraine since then, the pro-Russian stance has increased even more (GFK 2015: 93%).
Getting ones wage multiplied like this is quite something, don't you think?

Conclusion: The results from PEW and GFK are more than supportive of the referendum result.

q.e.d.

It is obvious that it was a farce.

Yes, it is obvious that it was no farce. Except to those who only see things they want to see, poor chap.

Can you do the math yourself and make sense in your head. The figures are very transparent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimean_status_referendum,_2014

"Polling by the Razumkov Centre in 2008 found that 63.8% of Crimeans (76% of Russians, 55% of Ukrainians, and 14% of Crimean Tatars, respectively) would like Crimea to secede from Ukraine and join Russia and 53.8% would like to preserve its current status, but with expanded powers and rights. Razumkov characterized Crimeans' views as controversial and unsteady, and therefore vulnerable to internal and external influences.[32] A poll by the International Republican Institute in May 2013 found that 53% wanted "Autonomy in Ukraine (as today)", 12% were for "Crimean Tatar autonomy within Ukraine", 2% for "Common oblast of Ukraine" and 23% voted for "Crimea should be separated and given to Russia"."

Thank you for showing that already in 2008 the majority wanted to join Russia. What's your point?

I remember this Russian type voting from Poland way back. 99.9 attendance and 99.9 voted for Communist party, every time! I'm sure you should remember them from DDR.
Putin knows how to direct voting from his KGB years and "observed" the voting himself.

Yes, like the 99.8% communist Falklands referendum. Your explanations for the Falklands referendum all hold for Crimea as well, as I showed above.
And you know s*** about what I remember, LeBrok.

You didn't answer the question. What do you think Putin would do if people voted to stay with Ukraine?

I don't know. Do you?

Last edited:
If people prefer to vote for different candidates it does not mean the civil war. In other countries too there are regular differences in how the regions/cities vote, but it does not lead to a civil war.

And by knowing that you already should see what's the difference to Ukraine: the violent and unconstitutional coup.

Think of Mariupol now. Locals may disagree regarding political parties and other issues, but without Russian war machine the city will remain peaceful. Unfortunately, Moscow are drawing more and more forces across the border and it does not promise anything good. Look, it is recent - Russian army units with " Tornado" getting into the Ukrainian territory... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHtPFV0yJjY It was filmed by Finnish journalists.

And here you can see your yet peaceful Mariupol back in May 2014, and how ukrainian tanks fight "russian army". It's a disgrace. Don't you think the democratic votes of these people count as well?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2xpoTv_Sg4

Think in comparisons - what would you think if France decided that some region in Spain was much closer to France and started sending its army, so that the region could declare independence (whilst with the French army on ground) and then to stard the so called "a civil war" in Spain?

It was Ukraine who started sending it's army against civilians.

Is this your admittance of Russian intervention into Ukrainian affairs? Like teaching them a lesson and taking a vengeance? Ukrainians are getting punished because they poked the bear?
Your objectivity is out the window. You are excusing a bully, " if someone angers the big guy, he will get what he deserves." A great morality, my friend!

Wait, are you suggesting that poking a big guy is ok?

I didn't mean Ukrainians, but Lithuania. They are so eager to meddle in Ukraine, despite it's not their business, and contrary to what EU decided (at the moment!). If they continue like this, they will become combatting party in the Ukraine conflict against Russia. Therefore they will be treated like an enemy eventually. This is basic military logic which every country applies.

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 659085 times.

Back