Thread: E-V13 Frequency Maps and Data

Enforcing engineering principles on the premise of yfull subclades listing is like doing Turkish Coffee Fortune Telling.

Bulgaria not being in E-V13 Z5018 means that E-V13 Z5018 had more of a Central Balkan spread in antiquity perhaps. Z5018 has a spread in Central-Western Europe where no Slavic presence was recorded, you could give various explanations, assimilated natives to Celts when they ran away from Dacian massacre and expulsion from Balkans, Roman military, earlier Hallstatt presence etc, etc. Various and more complex explanation can be in the game.

E-Z5018 is everywhere, the ratio just means that E-Z5018 is more dominant in some areas, whereas in other areas different E-V13 subclades survived better. If we go further down the road, a fairly high portion of E-Z5018 is under E-S2979 and the largest portion of it comes from two main groups:
1. E-Z16659

2. E-FGC11457

Incidently, these are also the lineages which were strongly represented in the ancient DNA record of Hungary and are known to be dominant in East Asia, which supports a North Carpathian-steppe proximity. This suggests to me that in a centre of E-V13, dominated by E-S2979, clearly more Northerly positioned, these lineages grew and largely replaced or reduced the proportion of other branches. We might associate this with specific tribes and people, in my opinion Northern Thracians/Dacians.

Interestingly, they expanded later to the West than some older E-V13 branches. It simply suggests that in a core zone specific lineages got dominant over time and its this core zone the early Slavs had contact with the most. The Carpi and related Northern Dacian tribes come to mind primarily. I have little doubt that these two main branches were Dacian in origin.

E-Z5018 is everywhere, the ratio just means that E-Z5018 is more dominant in some areas, whereas in other areas different E-V13 subclades survived better. If we go further down the road, a fairly high portion of E-Z5018 is under E-S2979 and the largest portion of it comes from two main groups:
1. E-Z16659

2. E-FGC11457

Incidently, these are also the lineages which were strongly represented in the ancient DNA record of Hungary and are known to be dominant in East Asia, which supports a North Carpathian-steppe proximity. This suggests to me that in a centre of E-V13, dominated by E-S2979, clearly more Northerly positioned, these lineages grew and largely replaced or reduced the proportion of other branches. We might associate this with specific tribes and people, in my opinion Northern Thracians/Dacians.

Interestingly, they expanded later to the West than some older E-V13 branches. It simply suggests that in a core zone specific lineages got dominant over time and its this core zone the early Slavs had contact with the most. The Carpi and related Northern Dacian tribes come to mind primarily. I have little doubt that these two main branches were Dacian in origin.

When you say dominant in East Asia is like what, 0.0001%. They are most likely Venetian traders, Roman soldiers, Macedonian soldiers as those from Bukhara whose subclade fit with subclades found in Thessaly, Greek Macedonia and North Macedonia.

When you say dominant in East Asia is like what, 0.0001%. They are most likely Venetian traders, Roman soldiers, Macedonian soldiers as those from Bukhara whose subclade fit with subclades found in Thessaly, Greek Macedonia and North Macedonia.

They are there at a significantly higher percentage than most other West Eurasian lineages with the exception of those from the Iranians (R-Z93). There is no indication for such a sea route scenario and the frequency and diversity, while pretty low indeed, is still significant enough to make it a sort of ethnic minority migration within the Iranian-Turkic networks.

But that's just an additional evidence, the main one is in Europe and the ancient DNA.

future paper:
21 samples from- Apulum
will e-v13 appear ?

1709224937852.png

Unless they were all foreign settlers and soldiers, there surely will. In my opinion the majority of modern E-V13 comes from Northern Thracians/Dacians (Danube area and North of it).

Unless they were all foreign settlers and soldiers, there surely will. In my opinion the majority of modern E-V13 comes from Northern Thracians/Dacians (Danube area and North of it).

and another one that should be cool
future paper :
122 remains from cologne area germany from
migration period;)

p.s
from the abstract
maybe the individuals they observed with south eastern european ancestery will be e-v13

1709228133430.png

Last edited:
The Rhineland region has some of the highest frequencies of E-V13 in all of Central Europe. Therefore regardless of whether they were fresh migrants or older inhabitants, or both, E-V13 should pop up there too, especially in a larger sample. If they write about South Eastern European ancestry, then its even more likely.
Because in fact, all other South Eastern lineages are far less frequent in the Rhineland than E-V13, which points to the migration bringing E-V13 from the East-South East somewhere between the LBA and Medieval period being very E-V13 dominated in the incoming males. The ratio of E-V13 vs. J-L283 is very much in favour of E-V13 in the Rhineland. For every J-L283 in a Rhenish region you get multiple E-V13 carriers statistically.

This thread has been viewed 35051 times.

Back