Your Haplogroup (are you pleased or disappointed with it?)

What I detest the most is the naming of sublades or full Haplogroups to either, slavic, germanic, jewish, arabic etc etc

where there slavs or jews when these haplogroups formed!...no.

To me its blatant discrimination in reverse and a reason why we have so much issues here.

Example, tell a spaniard that there is more african genes in spain then italy( right or wrong) and he will be annoyed. the africans that arrived and replaced the neaderthals are not the africans of today.

I agree, but why not attractive? Anyway, my point is that pigmentation is not that much important and very often leads to ridiculous classifications. Take Gheg-Albanians for instance: they are among the blondest balkan peoples, yet very dinaric looking and autosomally among the most southern. Jews are often redheads etc. I'd not be surprised if Tom Jones turns out to resemble a so-called rugged "paleolithic survivor" when replacing his hair and beard.
PERSONALLY, I find Germanic/Polish looking women the most attractive. North/Central European area, and I'm a Euro-mutt. But of course, women from all over Europe are attractive and I've seen it. I don't like the super tanned look.

Jews are a mixed bunch. They are actually Turkic Kazhars, but Ashkenazim Jews have inherited a lot of the European genome through assimilation.

I agree, but why not attractive? Anyway, my point is that pigmentation is not that much important and very often leads to ridiculous classifications. Take Gheg-Albanians for instance: they are among the blondest balkan peoples, yet very dinaric looking and autosomally among the most southern. Jews are often redheads etc. I'd not be surprised if Tom Jones turns out to resemble a so-called rugged "paleolithic survivor" when replacing his hair and beard.

No pure Jew is a redhead. Jews who have red hair have white ancestry. Remember: All that is necessary for a Jew to fit into his people is for his mother to be Jewish or his mother to convert to Judaism. The father's identity is meaningless and the mother's original ethnicity is, too. That being said, the Jews have been marvelously competant in retaining the purity of their bloodline due to a strong support for inmarriage.

Last edited:
There is no "pure jew", such a thing does not exist. Jews can have red hair because their genetic composition is mostly West Eurasian, hence it depends on the individual inheritance to have the mentioned trait or not. The same happens with blue eyed or blond jews.

In average is not expected to find significant light eyes or hair among jews, but it's not incredibly rare at all.

There is no "pure jew", such a thing does not exist. Jews can have red hair because their genetic composition is mostly West Eurasian, hence it depends on the individual inheritance to have the mentioned trait or not. The same happens with blue eyed or blond jews.

In average is not expected to find significant light eyes or hair among jews, but it's not incredibly rare at all.

Nonsense. The Jews have a remarkable rate of homogeny for all their diaspora. There are certainly Jews who qualify as purer than others, and many which are undeniably pure along the male line (such as the Cohen with the Cohen haplogroup).

"West Eurasian" has only a small population of redheads. None of these redheads are to be found in the Middle East in general, where the Jews derive, and the Jews who do have red hair have such from mixed ancestry with white Europeans.

"West Eurasian" has only a small population of redheads. None of these redheads are to be found in the Middle East in general, where the Jews derive, and the Jews who do have red hair have such from mixed ancestry with white Europeans.

I don't think that's true.

None of the above is true. Autosomal tests show Jews (both Sephardic and Ashkenazi) always shift many different clusters with high percents (including atlantic_baltic and med). The most purer kind of Jews seems to be the Yemeni Jews according to he data available, and they're still made of different influences (similar to some Saudis). "Jew" is not a pure genetic, as usual it's a mix.

The homogeny refered above it only means they show almost identical proportions in autosomal tests, not that they fall almost exclusively in one/two clusters or something like this. I agree that Jews who always lived in the Middle East would be dark most times, but those who are diaspora are substantially different, hence, it's easier to find light traits among them (even if not very common).

That was a lie in order to spread false rumors. They never found Black in their family tree. You can tell somebodies mixed with Black just by looking at them. And no, a European that's "swarthy Middle Eastern looking" does not count. Middle Easterns are still Caucasoid and skin pigmentation means nothing. Lots of Welsh can look Middle Eastern. Look at Sean Connery for instance.

Sean Connery is not Welsh but Scots-born of Irish extraction.

Sean Connery is not Welsh but Scots-born of Irish extraction.
Well whatever he is, he has a Middle-Eastern vibe about him. When I imagine a "Scottish" person, I see this:

Graeme-Pacitti-002.jpg

The most common haplogroups should normally be those that are the most successful or best adapted to our lifestyle and environment. So you shouldn't really wish for rare haplogroups, or rare private mutations that could mess up the good functioning of your body. As far as mtDNA haplogroups are concerned, the more common, the safer.

That is a rather biased theory coming from a scientist. Bryan Sykes' was also a bit biased with his "The Seven Daughters of Eve" (he, himself belonging to one of the major haplogroups - Tara). You're obviously meaning that people with rare DNA are not biologically good enough as people with common DNA. There must have been a time when they were the strongest small lineage of their own haplogroup to have even survived till this day the rest being extinct or perhaps they mostly ended up with men with dominant Y-DNA haplogroups. Since I, myself come under one of the most common haplogroups (Ursula) I am grateful to Mr Sykes for including my haplogroup in his book and I don't find it that much biased that I'm very intrigued by minority haplogroups since they are endangered anyway.

Tom Jones indeed looks a little bit black-african

I agree. He does look of mixed race descent. He has a deep voice.

But then all Eurasians who have at least Y-DNA haplogroups A, B, and E and MtDNA L anywhere in there ancestry autosomally or not must be of mixed race descent over thousands of years. My theory is that curly and wavy hair possibly denotes these ancestors.

I agree. He does look of mixed race descent. He has a deep voice.

But then all Eurasians who have at least Y-DNA haplogroups A, B, and E and MtDNA L anywhere in there ancestry autosomally or not must be of mixed race descent over thousands of years. My theory is that curly and wavy hair possibly denotes these ancestors.

LOLWHAT?!

So, all Europeans with wavy/curly hair have African ancestors? That's the most flawed thinking/logic I've ever encountered on this site thus far. I guess 75-80% of the European population has distant African ancestry.

If by 'distant' you mean, going back 40 or 50,000 years, then yes, all Europeans do have African ancestors.
And many of them certainly have more recent African ancestry than that.

If by 'distant' you mean, going back 40 or 50,000 years, then yes, all Europeans do have African ancestors.
And many of them certainly have more recent African ancestry than that.

That would also include yourself.

LOLWHAT?!

So, all Europeans with wavy/curly hair have African ancestors? That's the most flawed thinking/logic I've ever encountered on this site thus far. I guess 75-80% of the European population has distant African ancestry.

Exceedingly.

That being said, tightly coiled (nappy) hair, or excessively naturally curly hair, is likely representative of non-European ancestry. However, to have these features would require recent admixture.

Exceedingly.

That being said, tightly coiled (nappy) hair, or excessively naturally curly hair, is likely representative of non-European ancestry. However, to have these features would require recent admixture.
I disagree with that. Lots of Europeans have very curly natural hair. Kinky (tightly coiled) and naturally curly are very different.

Kinky/Coily:
two-strand-twist-kinky-twist-out1_full.jpeg

Curly:
curly-large.jpg

Exceedingly.

Once again, this would include yourself. It's not like your an exception.

LOLWHAT?!

It's very much a possibility, whether you like it or not. We all have African ancestors and all our autosomal genes get reshuffled from generation to generation. Surely some genes can survive. And please keep an open mind because that's part of science.

This thread has been viewed 49674 times.

Back