Your Haplogroup (are you pleased or disappointed with it?)

It's very much a possibility, whether you like it or not. We all have African ancestors and all our autosomal genes get reshuffled from generation to generation. Surely some genes can survive. And please keep an open mind because that's part of science.

That we had African ancestors doesn't necessarily mean that those first humans 150 000 years ago looked like modern Africans (Bantu, San etc.)

It's just a matter of perspective.My Y-dna is R1b-L21 which is pretty common in all of Western Europe and the British isles but I am glad of the results since it's has to do with the Celts of the British Isles,for me it's a good thing.My mtdna was H,I havent done further testing but H is one of the most common mtdna groups in all of europe and I am glad it was H,I know it goes back to the Indo-Europeans who settled Europe,if I had a rarer neolithic type I would be disappointed in those results so I am glad I have a common Indo-European mtdna type and Ydna type also.Its just a matter of your perspective really.

Tom Jones indeed looks a little bit black-african, but not near-eastern. His features are much too rugged for a middle-eastener.
Tom Jones is Welsh,he has Welsh-Immigrant background in his immediate family,so maybe that has something to do with why he looks so darky

Tom Jones is Welsh,he has Welsh-Immigrant background in his immediate family,so maybe that has something to do with why he looks so darky

Tom Jones (Jones is not his true surname) has some astonishing features, but as a whole, the most of them (forehead, face, teeth a.s.o.. ) has nothing to do with well achieved negroid look; more "ancestral" than purely african...

anout teeth, I go back, because 'show business' people change them so often...

It's not that he is darky. He has even light eyes. It's the fleshy nose and curly hair together with some facial features which makes him resemble very vaguely a Mauretanian or Othello. I mean not truely sub-saharan, but rather north-west maghrebian.

Exceedingly.

That being said, tightly coiled (nappy) hair, or excessively naturally curly hair, is likely representative of non-European ancestry. However, to have these features would require recent admixture.

But mind that red hairedness is almost always accompanied by curlyness.

It's just a matter of perspective.My Y-dna is R1b-L21 which is pretty common in all of Western Europe and the British isles but I am glad of the results since it's has to do with the Celts of the British Isles,for me it's a good thing.My mtdna was H,I havent done further testing but H is one of the most common mtdna groups in all of europe and I am glad it was H,I know it goes back to the Indo-Europeans who settled Europe,if I had a rarer neolithic type I would be disappointed in those results so I am glad I have a common Indo-European mtdna type and Ydna type also.Its just a matter of your perspective really.

Hello how are you? I hope you have a good day, good or a good night!

You talk about rare Neolithic haplogroups, what are, I have the pleasure of knowing them?

Anyway Neolithic migrations are the best thing that could happen to Europe and with the passage of time pre-Neolithic populations and Neolithic finished mixing would not you like good cheese perhaps? I love like all dairy products, although I drink skim milk, you know, to hold the line.

Greetings, has been a real pleasure talking to you, good day passes, or rather, have a good night.

regards

I am quite satified with my haplogroups. But since they represent only a tiny fraction of my DNA, I try to find out of the haplogroups of other lines, as well. So far I know of 3 more R1a, 4 I and 1 R1b, all Norwegian lines. Of other mtDNA lines, I have one J (J1c2) and 4 H.

This thread has been viewed 49652 times.

Back