Are South Slavs more Balkan Native than Slavic?

There's lot of fun (with etimologies) here recently. :LOL:

There where no illyrians in Alexander's armies, he and his father fought long wars to keep the illyrians at bay
there where Macedonians, Thessalian, Agrianians, all Greeks states except Spartans, Thracians, Paeonians, Epirotes, Psiloi and cretan archers
I think you need to control your temper greek
When he entered Asia, the young king brought with him 12,000 phalangists - 9,000 pezhetairoi and 3,000 hypaspists. He also brought with him over 7,000 Greek infantry, most of which would be used to maintain conquered lands as garrison troops. While the army that crossed the Hellespont in 334 BCE was mostly Macedonian, there were others from all over Greece: Agrianians, Triballians, Paeonians, and Illyrians. Since Alexander was also the head of the Legion of Corinth, a number of Greek states provided additional infantry, cavalry and warships.

After 7 years of t-rolling, with 5000 posts, you are still misinformed and full of agendas.

While at the same time. Illyrian haplogroups R1b-L23, J2b2-L283 and EV13 can be found in both Italy and Romania.
E3b is more Neolithic than Megalithic Illyrian E3b would be found in the more Alpine Mediterranean of the Balkans like South Albania all parts of Greece Crete South Italy and Cyprus E3b peaks in Albania and Montenegro.

When he entered Asia, the young king brought with him 12,000 phalangists - 9,000 pezhetairoi and 3,000 hypaspists. He also brought with him over 7,000 Greek infantry, most of which would be used to maintain conquered lands as garrison troops. While the army that crossed the Hellespont in 334 BCE was mostly Macedonian, there were others from all over Greece: Agrianians, Triballians, Paeonians, and Illyrians. Since Alexander was also the head of the Legion of Corinth, a number of Greek states provided additional infantry, cavalry and warships.

After 7 years of t-rolling, with 5000 posts, you are still misinformed and full of agendas.
Illyrians are Roman not Greek Central Italians are originally Roman Illyrian Roman Elite was Thracian not just Illyrian.

Sile is Bachus? What happened to Bachus I miss him :(

That is a Slavic word. Slavs originated in Asia before moving to Europe. They were bordering East Asians for long time. According to linguists Knez is Slavic version of Kinez (Chinese). Since the Chinese were kept in high regard because of their advanced civilization, Slavs adopted this word as an egalitarian word.
I doubt that the word Knyaz is related to Chinesse people.
In Romanian language, Chineaz meant ruler.
Chinez, for Chinesse people, only appeared later in Romanian language.
In Romanian it seems that the word Kineaz is clearly from Knyaz.
As for IE people coming from central Asia, that is well known.
R1B is well known to have come from Central Asia steppes. As for R1A, I have not researched from where it came to Europe.
Whatever, would be also really interesting to see genetic testing of Horvat family name in Croatia, Slovakia and Hungary.

Illyrians are Roman not Greek Central Italians are originally Roman Illyrian Roman Elite was Thracian not just Illyrian.
Albanians are the closest peoples of the Balkan peninsula to the Tuscans/Central Italians genetically. We plot very closely to Tuscans.

I doubt that the word Knyaz is related to Chinesse people.
In Romanian language, Chineaz meant ruler.
Chinez, for Chinesse people, only appeared later in Romanian language.
In Romanian it seems that the word Kineaz is clearly from Knyaz.
As for IE people coming from central Asia, that is well known.
R1B is well known to have come from Central Asia steppes. As for R1A, I have not researched from where it came to Europe.
Whatever, would be also really interesting to see genetic testing of Horvat family name in Croatia, Slovakia and Hungary.
R1b was already in Europe-Balkans 8000BC. R1a was in North-Eastern Europe.

Albanians, Greeks, Romanians and Bulgarians share mostly the same branches of Balkan R1b, same goes for EV13 and J2b2 among them.

Close to a 100 million Slavs under I2a1b-CTS10228 share a TMRCA of only like 2000 years, remember that. The Slavic origin of this haplogroup has gained more ground than ever since its direct ancestral clade was found in remains of medieval Poland.

Albanians are the closest peoples of the Balkan peninsula to the Tuscans/Central Italians genetically. We plot very closely to Tuscans.
No Albanians from Illyrian origin plot next to Greeks from Macedonia not Italians who are Illyrian.

No Albanians from Illyrian origin plot next to Greeks from Macedonia not Italians who are Illyrian.
Albanians are between Tuscans & mainland Greeks.

Albanians generally shift north-west genetically of Greeks, and slightly east of Tuscans. That's all.

Albanians are between Tuscans & mainland Greeks.
According to GED match not that I trust GED match but it's better than 90 percent of the other stuff out there Albanians who are Gheg aka ''Illyrian'' are placed right next to Greeks from Macedonia Thessaloniki this is not my opinion but sample matches from GED from those who present themselves as ''North Albanians''

The Tuscan input that some might have is probably just some kind of Roman rule admixture over the Balkans and certainly does not reflect the gene pool of the average North Albanian who plots very much in the Balkans like North Greeks do very nicely.

According to GED match not that I trust GED match but it's better than 90 percent of the other stuff out there Albanians who are Gheg aka ''Illyrian'' are placed right next to Greeks from Macedonia Thessaloniki this is not my opinion but sample matches from GED from those who present themselves as ''North Albanians''
Ghegs from various regions:
Nbq858O.png

^Put tested Tuscans in that map and you'll even see the eastern-shifted Tuscans going toward Albanian direction.

Yes so you plot next to Balkan Slavs Romanian and Bulgarian and one guy somewhat overlaps with Macedonian Greeks none plot near Tuscans because you are from the Balkans living in the state which* is called Illyria doesn't make you genetically Illyrian because if that were the case every North Albanian would plot on Tuscany which none of you actually do.

Last edited:
If you are near Bulgarians Romanians North Greeks etc that actually makes you Macedonians not Illyrians that is Former Yugoslavic Republic of Macedon.

Yes so you plot next to Balkan Slavs Romanian and Bulgarian and one guy somewhat overlaps with Macedonian Greeks none plot near Tuscans because you are from the Balkans living in the state with is called Illyria doesn't make you genetically Illyrian because if that were the case every North Albanian would plot on Tuscany which none of you actually do.
Bulgarians and Macedonian Slavs are the most Balkan native Slavic-speaking folks, which is why you see them plot so closely to Albanians.

Regardless of what you say, Albanians are situated in the Balkans and still plot the closest to Tuscans. We're just slightly east of Tuscans since we received more Steppe admix in the Bronze Age than did Central Italy.

If you are near Bulgarians Romanians North Greeks etc that actually makes you Macedonians not Illyrians that is Former Yugoslavic Republic of Macedon.
We're nearest the Tuscans out of all folks of the Balkan peninsula, it is relevant.

Bulgarians and Macedonians are the most Balkan native Slavic-speaking folks, which is why you see them plot so closely to Albanians.

Regardless of what you say, Albanians are situated in the Balkans and still plot the closest to Tuscans. We're just slightly east of Tuscans since we received more Steppe admix in the Bronze Age than did Central Italy.

I plot with Italians from Abruzzo Greeks from Macedonia Tuscans and Balkan Slavs Romanian Bulgarian and Serbians ( I assume they mean South Serbs and Montenegrin ) my Mother is close to Greek Cypriots and pre historic PIE Levantine people like Hittites. I cannot tell if it's the Balkan Slavic mix that I have or my North European Y dna from my Father that's shifting me close to Tuscans. Regardless I am very Alpine Mediterranean round faced. Ghegs tend to look like Romans actually Serbians who claim to be Thracian tend to be very Dinaric

I plot with Italians from Abruzzo Greeks from Macedonia Tuscans and Balkan Slavs Romanian Bulgarian and Serbians ( I assume they mean South Serbs and Montenegrin ) my Mother is close to Greek Cypriots and pre historic PIE Levantine people like Hittites. I cannot tell if it's the Balkan Slavic mix that I have or my North European Y dna from my Father that's shifting me close to Tuscans. Regardless I am very Alpine Mediterranean round faced. Ghegs tend to look like Romans actually Serbians who claim to be Thracian tend to be very Dinaric
Serbians are not much Dinaric, even the Montenegrins are not that Dinaric, but Borreby-influenced.

Roughly correct map, except Montenegro has a Borreby element and a lot of Montenegrin tribes are Slavicized Albanians in origin:

9JN7qkN.png

The purest anthropological Dinarics are to be found in Ghegnia. Coon noted this.

Tosks are predominantly Dinaro-Alpines.

Doesn't matter where people plot racially it matters how people look both Ghegs and Serb Thracians are considered Balkan I think both are considered South East European and both have a ( Dinaric phenotype ) the overwhelming majority of Serbs Albanians and Croats are Dinaric Megalithic from a smaller degree they are perhaps Alpine East Mediterranean Neolithic and just normal Alpine Slavic.

However you can appear Roman because you have a dinaric phenotype!

This thread has been viewed 252129 times.

Back