Guess my ethnicity and where do I pass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a pic from yesterday. Which component dominates my phenotype in your opinion?
View attachment 13202

i am not expert anthropologists or something
but to me you look southern european
you can pass as a greek or southern italian
;)
if you dont mind me asking
what is your y haplogroup ?
do you belong to y haplogroup j ?
r1b ?

regards
kingjohn

Never in a million years would I think you were from Southern Europe, certainly wouldn't pass as an Italian imo, and I'm usually pretty good at placing people.

You look like what you are, a Middle Easterner, although you look a lot more Levantine to me than someone from the Northern Middle East.

I don't get why you're perseverating on this. Anyone who is going to give an opinion has given one. You don't like the opinions. Sorry about that, but asking it again isn't going to change anyone's mind.

Never in a million years would I think you were from Southern Europe, certainly wouldn't pass as an Italian imo, and I'm usually pretty good at placing people.

You look like what you are, a Middle Easterner, although you look a lot more Levantine to me than someone from the Northern Middle East.

I don't get why you're perseverating on this. Anyone who is going to give an opinion has given one. You don't like the opinions. Sorry about that, but asking it again isn't going to change anyone's mind.

i was in greece
he can pass there
he is to light for a levantine
i live in israel i see arab israelies every day almost 24/7
he doesn't look like them

p.s
but i wont argue with you about his classifcation if you are an expert
i never been in south italy so you defiently know more than me about the look
of the people there ..

i was in greece
he can pass there
he is to light for a levantine
i live in israel i see arab israelies every day almost 24/7
he doesn't look like them

p.s
but i wont argue with you about his classifcation if you are an expert
i never been in south italy so you defiently know more than me about the look
of the people there .

Yes, I do, and I know the look of Island Greeks too. Believe as you wish; imo he doesn't pass in Southern Europe because the features are off. It's not just about pigmentation or one particular feature; it's the combination of features which are likely to be seen. That isn't to say that an individual person might not pass both in Southern Europe and the Levant, or, more likely, Northern West Asia. It's just that imo, the person in the OP is not one of them.

As for him being too light...
Ralph Nader-100% Lebanese
cb1c1412-440d-4720-abb9-50ae9b51eb3c_1.ac393d39da3e777125ecb2ac8a31a5d9.jpeg

Danny Thomas-100% Lebanese
thomas,+danny.jpg

In certain pictures he actually could have passed as Southern Italian:
danny-thomas-4.jpg

Steve Jobs and his Syrian father:
article-2031575-0DA0829E00000578-933_1024x615_large.jpg

Paul Anka: Lebanese
Paul-Anka.jpg

Diane Al Hadid: Syrian
Diana-Al-Hadid_Portrait-Headshot.png

Greek, South Italian or Southern Spain. Could be a Cypriot also.

agree and you are a greek yorself
so you know how are you people look alike ;)

So, nothing further to say about how dark skinned all Levantines are?

Thought not.

Also, no offense to anyone, but some people can see visual patterns, and some can't. My husband, for example, is hopeless. In my line of work, it was important.

So, nothing further to say about how dark skinned all Levantines are?
Thought not.
Also, no offense to anyone, but some people can see visual patterns, and some can't. My husband, for example, is hopeless. In my line of work, it was important.

so he can't pass anywhere in south europe from south iberia
to mainland greece nada ???

P.s
I never was in greek islands i was in the mainland greece
From athens to the north

Last edited:
i am not expert anthropologists or something
but to me you look southern european
you can pass as a greek or southern italian
;)
if you dont mind me asking
what is your y haplogroup ?
do you belong to y haplogroup j ?
r1b ?

regards
kingjohn

I know Angela is often right, even very often, but here I don't agree with her when she seems saying this guy couldn't pass in European Mediterranean regions; evidently his type is not common, but it isn't totally foreign there. His bones show a very striking (partly gracilised) affinities with 'come-capelle' type, indeed, and people with these traces can be seen in Portugal and other places of Mediterranea. It's rather in Near-East that it's more surprising, according to me (except some Assyrians???).
For skin colour I accord NO confidence to individual pic's without possibility of comparisons. But his someawhat "mesolithical" traits don't make him an evident 'mediter' type.

In portugal ( and south -med generally speaking there is a berid
Type
http://humanphenotypes.net/PaleoSardinian.html
Thats what i remember from my days
In aprshitty😂
Honestly he could be s portuguase
Of berid type
Thats why some places in iberia
Are also an option ...
I asked him what his y haplogroup
In previews posts
Could be j or some type of r1b..

P.s
He doesnt look that levantine
I see israeli arabs every day he doesnt resemble them
But maybe i need glasses

I avow I never know how they define their 'berid' type.

He doesn't look Italian or Greek to me. He looks exactly like what he is, which I guessed without even knowing prior. Middle-eastern Jewish.

So all that stuff about being Georgian was just nonsense? He finally revealed his real identity, or the poster was a troll and you found the source of the photo?

Why am I not surprised.?

This happens over and over again, because to support their agenda they'll lie, steal other people's identities and on and on.

I avow I never know how they define their 'berid' type.
Me too. Berid seems like a random word people use to classify non-atlanto/gracile/alpine/pontid/dinarid med types

Enviado de meu SM-A105M usando o Tapatalk

He could pass in Greece easily. I have a friend who looks a bit like him and is 100% from the Peloponnese

Depends on a middle eastern Jewish group. I did say before that I am 3/4 Georgian Jew but Georgian Jews autosomal DNA wise are in between groups such as Assyrians and Western Armenians. I have 1/4 Georgian admixture which pulls me relatively close to Armenians

@Angela,

Apparently he is 3/4th Georgian Jew, and 1/4 Georgian gentile.

It just always amazes me why people can't just be happy to look like what they are.

Last edited by a moderator:
He could pass in Greece easily. I have a friend who looks a bit like him and is 100% from the Peloponnese

interesting you are the second greek (after bigsnake)
who think he look greek or can pass in greece

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 17261 times.

Back