Genetic study South Albania Tumulus DNA samples

In the recent study about the origins of the Germanic people, in the supplementary they disclosed a new database and measurement tools based on IDB clusters. I believe with time the clusters will be slightly adjusted and some samples will get reassigned but basic map of relationships has been laid out.
Relevant to this thread is the Illyrian, Paeonian, and Phrygian clusters.

KJPuaxK.png

I believe the authors wrongly assigned the Brygians inside the Daco-Thracian realm because the Daco-Thracians largely expanded on Paeonian and even eastern Phrygian former habitat and absorbed a portion of their DNA. Because Daco-Thracian is heavily intertwined with Paeronian and Paoenian is heavily intertwined with Phrygian, that the authors grouped both of these clusters within the greater Daco-Thracian one, even though the Ohrid samples and Logkas are clearly not related to Daco-Thracians.

A similar miss assignment exists for Alb mdv. This samples based on models is clearly related MKD Ohrid and Cetina. This points to it being a Brygian profile from LBA but with strong Illyrian admixture, which might have been common among the western Bryges that lived in southern and central Albania. The cluster between early Albanians and Illyrians is a eastern Celtic cluster, obvious from the haplogroups they carry. Some are closer to Bassarabi (E-V13 sample) and some closer to northern Illyrians like the Slovenian J2b.

The Alb mdv sample on the other hand is in the same cluster for a different reason, not because it is related to northern Illyrians but because as I explained it is midway between MKD Ohrid and Cetina BA profiles. When Kamenica samples get published I am sure it will be reassigned to a new cluster with the Kamenic R-PF7563.

The most interesting part about the sample is that it is not related to early Albs, no IDB sharing whatsoever, proving it is not a modern Albanian profile at all, but a LBA sample from a mostly dead-end people.

so is the bassarabi proper the oldest
as from what i see...........albanians like many other people are a combination of many tribes

In the recent study about the origins of the Germanic people, in the supplementary they disclosed a new database and measurement tools based on IDB clusters. I believe with time the clusters will be slightly adjusted and some samples will get reassigned but basic map of relationships has been laid out.
Relevant to this thread is the Illyrian, Paeonian, and Phrygian clusters.

KJPuaxK.png

I believe the authors wrongly assigned the Brygians inside the Daco-Thracian realm because the Daco-Thracians largely expanded on Paeonian and even eastern Phrygian former habitat and absorbed a portion of their DNA. Because Daco-Thracian is heavily intertwined with Paeronian and Paoenian is heavily intertwined with Phrygian, that the authors grouped both of these clusters within the greater Daco-Thracian one, even though the Ohrid samples and Logkas are clearly not related to Daco-Thracians.

A similar miss assignment exists for Alb mdv. This samples based on models is clearly related MKD Ohrid and Cetina. This points to it being a Brygian profile from LBA but with strong Illyrian admixture, which might have been common among the western Bryges that lived in southern and central Albania. The cluster between early Albanians and Illyrians is a eastern Celtic cluster, obvious from the haplogroups they carry. Some are closer to Bassarabi (E-V13 sample) and some closer to northern Illyrians like the Slovenian J2b.

The Alb mdv sample on the other hand is in the same cluster for a different reason, not because it is related to northern Illyrians but because as I explained it is midway between MKD Ohrid and Cetina BA profiles. When Kamenica samples get published I am sure it will be reassigned to a new cluster with the Kamenic R-PF7563.

The most interesting part about the sample is that it is not related to early Albs, no IDB sharing whatsoever, proving it is not a modern Albanian profile at all, but a LBA sample from a mostly dead-end people.
I tried to see to which modern population are closer some of those individuals.
For example, you cluster:
I10391 as Basarabi Proper. This individuals appears closer to Italian_Marche, Veneto, Corsica.
I10384 as Bryges. This individual appears closer to Italian_Bergamo, Piedmont, Veneto and then Albania_Gjakove, Northwestern, etc.
I10385 as Bryges. This individual appears closer to Italian_Lombardy, Piedmont, Greek_Thesaly, Prespa.
I10388 as Bryges. This individual appears closer to Italian_Piedmont, Tuscay, Macedonia_South.
I10390 as Paeonian. This individual appears closer to Italian_Lombardy, Piedmont, Greek_Thessaly.

How can only Illyrian samples be considered closer to Northern Italy samples, when all these Basarabi Proper, Bryges and Paeonian appears closer to Northern Italian samples compared to any other sample.

Then, the cluster 'Basarabi with Western' pull contains three individuals from modern Croatia (Osijek), Hungary and Slovakia with one individual from Ancient Macedonia which actually plots closer to Modern Albanians. How can a small triangle in modern Croatia to Hungary with an outlier in ancient Skopje plots an imaginary big Basarabi Culture, as the map you poster beforehand.

The clusters being made after careful analysis of the authors of the paper, not himself. They propose connections which can be associated with different people. And this being supported by the uniparentals. You can clearly see that the Illyrians, while similar to the more Central Balkan Daco-Thracians, form a cluster on their own. Therefore there is a similarity of these clusters, but not identity.

I tried to see to which modern population are closer some of those individuals.
For example, you cluster:
I10391 as Basarabi Proper. This individuals appears closer to Italian_Marche, Veneto, Corsica.
I10384 as Bryges. This individual appears closer to Italian_Bergamo, Piedmont, Veneto and then Albania_Gjakove, Northwestern, etc.
I10385 as Bryges. This individual appears closer to Italian_Lombardy, Piedmont, Greek_Thesaly, Prespa.
I10388 as Bryges. This individual appears closer to Italian_Piedmont, Tuscay, Macedonia_South.
I10390 as Paeonian. This individual appears closer to Italian_Lombardy, Piedmont, Greek_Thessaly.

How can only Illyrian samples be considered closer to Northern Italy samples, when all these Basarabi Proper, Bryges and Paeonian appears closer to Northern Italian samples compared to any other sample.

Then, the cluster 'Basarabi with Western' pull contains three individuals from modern Croatia (Osijek), Hungary and Slovakia with one individual from Ancient Macedonia which actually plots closer to Modern Albanians. How can a small triangle in modern Croatia to Hungary with an outlier in ancient Skopje plots an imaginary big Basarabi Culture, as the map you poster beforehand.

G25 single distance run is not DNA autosomal model, it's simply comparing WHG to WHG, steppe to steppe, neolithic farmer to neolithic farmer ratios. You have a lot to learn. Unless you really believe northern Italians are real Illyrians. That should be a dead giveaway.

G25 single distance run is not DNA autosomal model, it's simply comparing WHG to WHG, steppe to steppe, neolithic farmer to neolithic farmer ratios. You have a lot to learn. Unless you really believe northern Italians are real Illyrians. That should be a dead giveaway.
Uniparental DNA (Y-DNA & MtDNA) aswell as archeological, historical context have to equally be taken into account with qpAdm models too.

I just noticed some comments on twitter debunking your 'basarabia proper' cluster as modified, as you have removed the Hungary_early-late_Avar individuals.
Why did you remove those individuals and presented a 'cluster' which was not the real one posted by the study?

I just noticed some comments on twitter debunking your 'basarabia proper' cluster as modified, as you have removed the Hungary_early-late_Avar individuals.
Why did you remove those individuals and presented a 'cluster' which was not the real one posted by the study?
Moron, how about you reflect and actually read before you start resorting to lies and manipulation

Moron, how about you reflect and actually read before you start resorting to lies and manipulation

I was not referring to Johane Derite account! Please log off and log on again.

Okay, let's have another look to the data!
The 0_4_3_2_1_5_2800- is Albanian medieval cluster
The 0_4_3_2_1_4_2800+ is the everywhere cluster (called Basarabi by someone, as the following:
  • Serbia_Mokrin_EBA_Maros - 3900 yrs ago.
  • Cartal, Odesa - 2800 yrs ago.
  • Vas_Country, Hungary - 2550 yrs ago
  • Marvinca, North Macedonia - 2250 yrs ago

The 0_4_3_2_1_3_2800+, as proto-Dardania cluster it appears the biggest cluster:
  • North Banat, Serbia - 3900 yrs ago (two individuals)
  • Dimov, NMacedonia - 3197 yrs ago
  • Lisicin, NMacedonia - 2616 yrs ago,
  • Bucinci, Skopje - 2606 yrs ago
  • Cinamak, Albania - 2450 yrs ago
  • Marvinci, NMacedonia - 2344 yrs ago
The 0_4_3_2_1_3_4_2_2800+, as it appears like the 'Ancient Macedonian' cluster, probably part of the proto-Dardania cluster, but split as a sub-cluster (hence the 3_4 codification), as the following:
  • Kozani, Greece (Logkas - 4250 yrs ago.
  • Plaosnik, Ohrid - 2613 yrs ago
  • Plaosnik, Ohrid - 2604 yrs ago
  • Plaosnik Ohrid - 2550 yrs ago

Basically the so called 'Basarabi cluster' is not a cluster. It lacks the same timeframe to be considered a robust cluster of one period of time.

On the other side, there is the possibility that the proto-Dardania cluster and 'Macedonia' cluster were initially the same cluster, but reclassified for unknown reasons. Moreover the proto-Dardania cluster is a solid bunch of 4 individuals in a closer area in a less than 300 years, and the individuals from Plaosnik Ohrid have the same timeframe.
I classified the proto-Dardanian cluster closer to the 'Basarabi' cluster and then the 'Macedonia' sub-cluster.

Funny enough there are no Greeks to be found in any clear cluster.

Last edited:
The 0_4_3_2_1_4_2800+ is the everywhere cluster (called Basarabi by someone, as the following:

The 0_4_3_2_1_3_2800+, as proto-Dardania cluster it appears the biggest cluster:
The 0_4_3_2_1_3_4_2_2800+, as it appears like the 'Ancient Macedonian' cluster, probably part of the proto-Dardania cluster, but split as a sub-cluster (hence the 3_4 codification), as the following:

Basically the so called 'Basarabi cluster' is not a cluster. It lacks the same timeframe to be considered a robust cluster of one period of time.

On the other side, there is the possibility that the proto-Dardania cluster and 'Macedonia' cluster were initially the same cluster, but reclassified for unknown reasons. Moreover the proto-Dardania cluster is a solid bunch of 4 individuals in a closer area in a less than 300 years, and the individuals from Plaosnik Ohrid have the same timeframe.
I classified the proto-Dardanian cluster closer to the 'Basarabi' cluster and then the 'Macedonia' sub-cluster.

Hilarious, you still didn't get Albanians any nearer to the Illyrians, you just renamed it to make it more palatable

Hilarious, you still didn't get Albanians any nearer to the Illyrians, you just renamed it to make it more palatable
I just wrote that getting four different individuals in four different timeframes, in which only one individual matches the Basarabi culture timeframe (the Odesa's girl) does not give you enough credibility to make a statement.
On the other side, we have seven individuals in the same cluster/timeframe, in a really well-defined triangle area Skopje-Gevgelije-Kukes which are according to this theory are related to the other same cluster/timeframe of medieval Albanians.
The upcoming Kamenica results would better redefine these neighboring clusters and I suppose that the 'Basarabi culture' cluster would be split to different clusters, a part to the proto-Dardanian one and others whoknowswhere.

The upcoming Kamenica results would better redefine these neighboring clusters and I suppose that the 'Basarabi culture' cluster would be split to different clusters, a part to the proto-Dardanian one and others whoknowswhere.
Mostrat nga Dardania, po, ç'lidhje kanë me Kamenicen këtu? I seriously doubt they will plot drastically different from the Çinamak, Kukës samples or IA Ilirida samples. Perhaps somewhere inbetween.

Dardanian IA-early CE, both rural and urban, samples will yield the enitirety of non-ALB/Malësia/ Ilirida BA-IA haplogroups in Albanians, first and foremost probably the V13+ that is present amongst our people.

We know Albanians have have the highest amount of Illyrian Y-DNA, mtDNA and auDNA. The data proves it. Having an additional Dardanian (perhaps also east-Paeonian?) input of a Thracian-shifted subset of the territory doesn't change that fact. The discussion I have seen so far is unnecessarily heated and rude. I'd expect that from our lovely neighbors who cope 24/7 and spread pseudoscientific BS about our origins, appropriating our ancestors' legacy, but not from us against us 🤦🏼

Why would you expect Greeks? The earlies samples with Balkan-steppe ancestry from present-day Greece are Logkas, Theopetra and Sarakenos and the latter 2 weren't included in the IBD analysis of this study. The next earliest are from Skourtanioti et al 2023 and these also weren't included.

You upvoted your own posts? LOL Olti, I already explained my analysis, read it. The issue here is you are low IQ, how do you explain geography to a third worlder?
Geography much?
map-showing-ancient-thracian-territory.jpg

I am not surprised how you and your likes are handling these, going full retard. I identified the Bessarabi cluster before it was even validated through IBD testing. With future samples it will become undeniable, so seat back and enjoy the ride. The upcoming samples will speak or themselves.

Don't lose any hair over it buddy.

We know Albanians have have the highest amount of Illyrian Y-DNA, mtDNA and auDNA. The data proves it. Having an additional Dardanian (perhaps also east-Paeonian?) input of a Thracian-shifted subset of the territory doesn't change that fact. 🤦🏼

How are Daco-Thracians Illyrians? And why would these alleged Illyrians have Daco-Thracian names? I want to hear from a rrenjet member like yourself. What does rrenjet have to say?

ZIpRxSr.png

Since the paper referenced earlier does not have IBD sharing data for the various samples, and a lot of speculative remarks with no basis, and arbitrary labels were added. I went ahead and filtered a paper from late last year that actually did, for data on ancient Albanian samples.

iid1
iid1-Cluster​
iid2
iid2-Cluster​
max_IBD
sum_IBD>8
Supplementary Table 2: Pairwise IBD sharing among all samples listed in Supplementary Table 1​
I13833​
Albania_EarlyModern_oCaucasus​
I13835​
26.62180066​
274.2742054​
I13833​
I13835​
26.62180066​
274.2742054​
I14687​
Albania_Modern_oCaucasus​
I15707​
21.39480114​
29.71639931​
I14687​
I15707​
21.39480114​
29.71639931​
RISE550_noUDG.SG​
Not Found​
I14689​
Albania_EBA_o1​
20.53219676​
29.11529541​
I14689​
Albania_EBA_o1​
I0370​
Russia_Samara_EBA_Yamnaya​
17.66850352​
52.78810561​
I14690​
Albania_BA_IA​
R1.SG​
Not Found​
17.17270017​
50.57560019​
I0429​
I14689​
Albania_EBA_o1​
15.82840085​
23.87620211​
I14685​
Albania_Modern​
I15707​
15.44200182​
35.50108671​
I14685​
Albania_Modern​
I15707​
15.44200182​
35.50108671​
I14689​
Albania_EBA_o1​
I2600​
England_C_EBA_daughter.I2457​
14.78210092​
14.78210092​
RISE681_noUDG.SG​
Not Found​
I14689​
Albania_EBA_o1​
14.68440294​
14.68440294​
I13839​
Albania_Medieval​
I14686​
14.55780268​
39.62110281​
I13839​
Albania_Medieval​
I14686​
14.55780268​
39.62110281​
I14689​
Albania_EBA_o1​
I5272​
Russia_Afanasievo​
14.26340342​
52.71191001​
I14689​
Albania_EBA_o1​
I6294​
Russia_MBA_Poltavka​
14.15089965​
14.15089965​
STD001​
Czech_CordedWare​
I14689​
Albania_EBA_o1​
14.01369572​
14.01369572​
I17633​
Albania_BA_IA_oCroat_1d.rel.I16256​
I18712​
Croatia_BA​
13.74189854​
27.12559998​
I14687​
I14686​
13.70999813​
58.79449844​
I14687​
I14686​
13.70999813​
58.79449844​
I6936​
India_RoopkundB​
I15707​
13.70099783​
13.70099783​
I0357​
I14689​
Albania_EBA_o1​
13.66429925​
35.15089899​
I14690​
Albania_BA_IA​
I16803​
Serbia_Mokrin_EBA_Maros​
13.63909841​
13.63909841​
I14689​
Albania_EBA_o1​
Aes25​
Switzerland_LN_oSteppe​
13.11969906​
31.3040033​
I14689​
Albania_EBA_o1​
I6712​
Russia_Afanasievo_son.I10565​
13.06569874​
22.32210338​
MOK30.SG​
Not Found​
I14689​
Albania_EBA_o1​
12.95289993​
12.95289993​
I1917​
Ukraine_EBA_Yamnaya​
I14689​
Albania_EBA_o1​
12.93849945​
12.93849945​
I11160​
Czech_EBA_Unetice_brother.I14185​
I14692​
Albania_BA_IA​
12.77659535​
12.77659535​
I17633​
Albania_BA_IA_oCroat_1d.rel.I16256​
I18239​
Hungary_EIA_Prescythian_Mezocsat​
12.76730299​
12.76730299​
I14622​
Albania_Medieval​
I14831​
Turkey_EarlyByzantine_1​
12.75889874​
12.75889874​
I14622​
Albania_Medieval​
I15707​
12.75700033​
12.75700033​
I14622​
Albania_Medieval​
I15707​
12.75700033​
12.75700033​
I14689​
Albania_EBA_o1​
I7205​
Czech_BellBeaker​
12.74729967​
12.74729967​
I14689​
Albania_EBA_o1​
LYG001​
Russia_North_Caucasus​
12.73160037​
12.73160037​
I14689​
Albania_EBA_o1​
I3447​
Kazakhstan_Dali_EBA​
12.72699833​
12.72699833​
I13839​
Albania_Medieval​
I14687​
12.60179281​
67.39549637​
I13839​
Albania_Medieval​
I14687​
12.60179281​
67.39549637​
I14689​
Albania_EBA_o1​
I18226​
Hungary_IA_LaTene_o​
12.5788033​
12.5788033​
I14690​
Albania_BA_IA​
I18239​
Hungary_EIA_Prescythian_Mezocsat​
12.5582993​
12.5582993​
I14689​
Albania_EBA_o1​
VLI007​
Czech_CordedWare​
12.54340112​
12.54340112​
I14185​
Czech_EBA_Unetice​
I14690​
Albania_BA_IA​
12.5048995​
12.5048995​
I14688​
Albania_BA_IA​
KO1002​
Czech_CordedWare​
12.30390072​
12.30390072​
I14689​
Albania_EBA_o1​
MIB009​
Czech_EBA_Unetice​
12.25019991​
12.25019991​
ber2F_noUDG.SG​
Not Found​
I14689​
Albania_EBA_o1​
12.1326983​
12.1326983​
I14689​
Albania_EBA_o1​
UNTA58_68Sk2​
Germany_Lech_BellBeaker_possible.contam​
12.10209727​
12.10209727​

People can make their own conclusions.

Ps: screw that good for nothing that got three Albanian threads closed in less than two years.

You upvoted your own posts? LOL Olti, I already explained my analysis, read it. The issue here is you are low IQ, how do you explain geography to a third worlder?
Geography much?
map-showing-ancient-thracian-territory.jpg

I am not surprised how you and your likes are handling these, going full retard. I identified the Bessarabi cluster before it was even validated through IBD testing. With future samples it will become undeniable, so seat back and enjoy the ride. The upcoming samples will speak or themselves.

Don't lose any hair over it buddy.
You cannot have a cluster with three individuals in very different centuries. You can try to justify that, but it does not have any sense. As simple as that.
A cluster is a similar group in a certain territory at a certain period of time. You miss the territory, you miss the period of time.
But you don't miss just one thing. Your agenda!

How are Daco-Thracians Illyrians? And why would these alleged Illyrians have Daco-Thracian names? I want to hear from a rrenjet member like yourself. What does rrenjet have to say?
Being part of a project doesn't equal being a member of its adminstration, I'm confused as to what you're asking me.

I think Rrenjet does a great job. They seem to be busy these days as I've noticed two additional interviews from the last one. People are getting interested in uniparental DNA testing and that's a development that I applaud. Simas meje, është vetëm për të miren tonë. A e perdorin fjalen Ilirë si sinonim, në nifar lloj menyre, për popujt paleo-ballkanikë a jo nuk më pengon personalisht.

Since the paper referenced earlier does not have IBD sharing data for the various samples, and a lot of speculative remarks with no basis, and arbitrary labels were added. I went ahead and filtered a paper from late last year that actually did, for data on ancient Albanian samples.

People can make their own conclusions.

Ps: screw that good for nothing that got three Albanian threads closed in less than two years.

That data shows nothing, mostly segments from Yamnaya, the paper was still in preprint, their analysis are probably not final, hopefully they do more runs including of samples they omitted. For example, in the Germanic study MJ-12 or the alleged mdv Alb from Korca were added to this analysis.

You can speculate that the German paper made those groupings for no reason whatsoever(Slavic, Germanic, Illyrian). In the paper you referenced, Hun La Tene I18832(E-V13), shares IBD fragments with two south Thracians, in the German paper it got it's own cluster, only two clusters away from southern Thracian. It is also very closely grouped with MJ-12. I don't know what to tell you, you either clueless or you are sticking your head in the sand.
Also this I18832 E-V13 fella can model Kukes post-mdv samples real good in qpdam. Amazing how all data is making a full circle to my earlier "speculations".

Why don't you try some speculation with your favorite tool(maybe no longer is). Here is one of mine:

CmtG5nG.png

Moldova Scythians are modeled as mostly MJ-12 with some real Scythian/Sarmatian. What does MJ-12 represent? Illyrians? LOL

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 21255 times.

Back