Crime Terrorist attacks inside Brussels airport and metro

^that's pretty low... the climate here seems a bit different to me, maybe due to our history of immigration and distance from the "front lines"...

The cowardice of the Belgian authorities once again gives reason to writer
Arturo Perez-Reverte: "That is to be consistent, Brussels suspended the 'March Against Fear' for fear"

http://www.periodistadigital.com/pe...nde-la-marcha-contra-el-miedo-por-miedo.shtml

jihadists must be scared shitless by the flowers, the candles and our strong 'we are all Brussels'

Ignacio Camacho on the attacks in Brussels: "This is the company that best mourns victims not defend"

Tweets Perez-Reverte have been directed, for example, cowardice demonstrated in the capital of Belgium and, by extension, of the European Union to suspend a baptized manifestation of form rimbombate as 'The March Against Fear', for fear the reaction of Islamic fanatics.

Sunday March 27, 2016, had called for a propular rally against jihadist murderers and the moment of truth, incompetent responsible for the public's been sheathed, shrivel before the murderers of Allah and cancel the actosl, citing of security:

In another tweet, academia has resorted to something that has already pointed out on several occasions: that what is coming to Europe is what takes years happening outside and we did not want to see live in our own bubble ("We are not the ones who have failed to integration: Muslims have been ").

Arturo Perez-Reverte ✔ @perezreverte
As you hear a cello again, I'll shoot.

the time of mourning has past, time to think

After the human bomb at Pakistan
and the crussifiction of a Bishop at Yemen
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/mar/27/isis-crucifies-catholic-priest-good-friday/

for 2 things I am certain :

1) NOT ALL MUSLIMS ARE TERRORISTS

but last 40 years, from Heathrow 1974 or even before
2) ALL TERRORISTS ARE MUSMLIMS
and the last makes every Muslim suspicious

it is time the Islamic world, to react, and not wait from Eu USA and Russiia to exteminate warmheads,
strange isn't it?
ISIS was bombed by USA France Russia, but was it from Turkey, Iran, Saudi, Egypt, Pakistan?
Boco Haram terrorise Africa, but who cares, did you hear any muslim soldier to went there to support a strungle against that terror spread group?

PS
have I islamophobia? or via terror islamists win our demand for a free world?

Things are understandably more strained in Europe... I just saw a video of a German mom portraying the gang beating of her son and failure by the police to react accordingly... Here in the US it is much more limited to verbal assaults, most of the time. I agree the Muslim world has to take a front seat in the fight against extremism...

If you have patience for cheesy American TV, or if you want a little peak into American culture (for better or worse) these clips show some organic interactions between people and illuminates how different the situation is here... There are some very prejudiced people, but the likelihood of violence on either side is low... and usually blown out of proportion by scared citizens and media... There's a Jewish woman who comforts a Muslim man, a Muslim woman who explains what it means to be an American Muslim (those 2 are the second video link)... Again this is silly American TV, but some of the reactions are still telling, and I hope will help you understand why I did not understand the climate in places like Belgium as much as I should have. I am trying to become more informed about the situation for Europe. I assumed there had been more assimilation to this point... I obviously need to stay more informed. I put the clips in the order I thought was most worth watching to least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbWmBUONtFY#t=416.875407 (clerk refusing to serve a Muslim... reactions vary from very prejudiced to admirable.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2JAzdLpBBs (American girl going to marry Muslim American man; the clips I mentioned above are in this video.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrbnnEZnMOU (I included this one mainly for boobs, joking aside mainly for the guy at 3:40 that talks about being an American and the prejudice he and friends have faced)

As you can see, our problems are minor... A few people here have pointed out, I think the difference has a lot to do with the immigrant basis for the entire US concept from the get go, and obviously the fact that refugees can't arrive here by the thousands on foot...

Things are understandably more strained in Europe... I just saw a video of a German mom portraying the gang beating of her son and failure by the police to react accordingly... Here in the US it is much more limited to verbal assaults, most of the time. I agree the Muslim world has to take a front seat in the fight against extremism...

If you have patience for cheesy American TV, or if you want a little peak into American culture (for better or worse) these clips show some organic interactions between people and illuminates how different the situation is here... There are some very prejudiced people, but the likelihood of violence on either side is low... and usually blown out of proportion by scared citizens and media... There's a Jewish woman who comforts a Muslim man, a Muslim woman who explains what it means to be an American Muslim (those 2 are the second video link)... Again this is silly American TV, but some of the reactions are still telling, and I hope will help you understand why I did not understand the climate in places like Belgium as much as I should have. I am trying to become more informed about the situation for Europe. I assumed there had been more assimilation to this point... I obviously need to stay more informed. I put the clips in the order I thought was most worth watching to least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbWmBUONtFY#t=416.875407 (clerk refusing to serve a Muslim... reactions vary from very prejudiced to admirable.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2JAzdLpBBs (American girl going to marry Muslim American man; the clips I mentioned above are in this video.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrbnnEZnMOU (I included this one mainly for boobs, joking aside mainly for the guy at 3:40 that talks about being an American and the prejudice he and friends have faced)

As you can see, our problems are minor... A few people here have pointed out, I think the difference has a lot to do with the immigrant basis for the entire US concept from the get go, and obviously the fact that refugees can't arrive here by the thousands on foot...
Great examples of humanity, inclusiveness and tolerance. We can expect same reactions from bystanders here in Canada. Beautiful people, and I just don't mean this busty brunet ;). Things like these make me very happy.

very cheesy sketches indeed compared to the real harrasments in European suburbs
combined with very cheesy European police forces

Terrorism has achieved one of its main purposes: the possibility of dying violently blown up by a bomb in the subway or shot at random on a terrace, has become for any of us in an occupational hazard of life. It must be accepted with certain stoicism: the jihadist barbarism found him turns to democracy. It's funny how the Western world has had enough collective intelligence to create the most refined of political and social systems and at the same time is able to deploy the necessary stupid for not knowing defend effectively. Admit it: we are victims of our own weakness and can perish by it. But in no way we are that we can admit up guilty, even remote, as claimed by some left. That one-eyed, sectarian, ignorant, a hemiplegic fanaticism, who believes that Islamic fundamentalism is the new term, global and radical, of the class struggle left.
(Ignacio Camacho)

Terrorism has achieved one of its main purposes: the possibility of dying violently blown up by a bomb in the subway or shot at random on a terrace, has become for any of us in an occupational hazard of life. It must be accepted with certain stoicism: the jihadist barbarism found him turns to democracy. It's funny how the Western world has had enough collective intelligence to create the most refined of political and social systems and at the same time is able to deploy the necessary stupid for not knowing defend effectively. Admit it: we are victims of our own weakness and can perish by it. But in no way we are that we can admit up guilty, even remote, as claimed by some left. That one-eyed, sectarian, ignorant, a hemiplegic fanaticism, who believes that Islamic fundamentalism is the new term, global and radical, of the class struggle left.
(Ignacio Camacho)
Carlos, you are the best example why terrorism works. The odds of being killed by a terrorist in Western World is much lower than being strike by a lightning, or even lower than winning 6/49 lottery (1 in 16 million). To equate it with work hazard is unbelievably naive and irresponsible. Another IS terrorist goal is to create hate between Christians or Europeans in general and all Muslims. Judging by behaviour of many Europeans, they are achieving their goal. To beat IS and their hateful ideology, the West should support and unite with ordinary Muslims against all the extremists, ether Saudi's mullas, IS or Nazi.

Carlos, you are the best example why terrorism works. The odds of being killed by a terrorist in Western World is much lower than being strike by a lightning, or even lower than winning 6/49 lottery (1 in 16 million). To equate it with work hazard is unbelievably naive and irresponsible. Another IS terrorist goal is to create hate between Christians or Europeans in general and all Muslims. Judging by behaviour of many Europeans, they are achieving their goal. To beat IS and their hateful ideology, the West should support and unite with ordinary Muslims against all the extremists, ether Saudi's mullas, IS or Nazi.

the goal of the IS terorist is to end up in heaven with 49 virgins
and ordinary Muslims should join non-Muslims, not the other way around

^"ordinary Muslims should join non-Muslims, not the other way around"

Seems fair enough. It's not really time to be on the sidelines, that's for sure!

It must be accepted with certain stoicism.

I can agree with this... It provides some insight into how many people around the world have had to live for a long time

Great examples of humanity, inclusiveness and tolerance. We can expect same reactions from bystanders here in Canada. Beautiful people, and I just don't mean this busty brunet ;). Things like these make me very happy.

In some ways it seems really unfair we are so secure in the US as I feel like our policies and actions have helped create negative consequences for everyone involved (other that ISIS, which we essentially helped to grow... but I think we can all agree it's still a negative consequence)... Now it seems Europe is suffering on behalf of us as well... I wish I understood the climate there better (anyone have suggested reading?), I thought the progressiveness and non intervention that has become more and more part of European foreign policy (compared to the US) would have made Europe LESS of a target, but that does not seem to be the case... I guess it's my fault for thinking some terrorist leaders might have some inkling of rationality floating around somewhere in there... And LeBrok, haha to the comment about the brunette... I would have helped her with that tire either way I (and in the first scenerio by wife would probably have given me some really nasty looks!)! lol

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-hatred-is-a-problem-in-britain-a6955146.html

a British Pakistani Muslim shopkeeper wished a Happy Easter to his Christian customers
he was stabbed to death
a racist motif was suspected
now it looks like he was killed by a Sunni Pakistani Muslim because the shopkeeper belongs to the wrong sect
the murderer has been applauded by other Sunni Pakistani Muslims

persecution inside Pakistan is exported to Britain
it should be the other way
the west shouldn't allow persecution of minorities in Pakistan and the like

just 2 days ago there was the Lahore attack by the Taliban, almost twice as much victims as in Brussels, but nobody reacts to that

https://www.rt.com/news/337383-reactions-brussels-lahore-attacks/

it is not the odds that kill our civilization,
it is where terror strikes, and why.

and from WW2 till 80's we had economical class and believes terror, or liberty terror inside the enemy,
BUT WHAT TERROR WE HAVE TODAY?

from Heathrow till 90's a good percentage was religious terror,
from 90's till today
ALL TERORISTS ARE MUSLIM
AND TERROR IS USED TO CAUSE FEAR AT THE ENEMY, AND THE STRIKES SHOW THE ENEMY IS,

and to make my shelf clear,
I DON"T BELIEVE THAT ALL MUSLIMS ARE TERRORISTS,
BUT ALL TERRORISTS ARE MUSLIMS,

AND THAT IS THE DILEMA THAT THIS SITUATION CAUSES US, AND DIFUSE WESTERN WORLD LOGICAL THINKING, creates a fog and the exit is to panic, or fear,
and due to that dilema, we can not think and react correct, as societies and civilizations, to protect our freedom agaist religious fasism.

and I do not see Saudis or Turkey bomb DAESH,
Neither BOCO HARAM, but EU USA and Russia,
so I wonder what is going on here?

PS
HOW CAN I LIVE WHEN AFRAID TO USE METRO FOR MY WORK?
AIRPORT AND TRAIN STATIONS FOR MY TRAVEL,
AND FEAR TO CELEBRATE OR HAVE FUN AT A STADIUM?

^ It is scary, but statistically the threat is small... I know that is hardly a comfort, but it is a reality... Does that mean we should ignore the problem...? NO!!! (we accept the threat of shark attack and lightening strikes because we don't have the technology to stop them, or it would be ecologically unsound to attempt to, but this is a threat we should actually be able to, and should, do something about)... How we do that exactly? I am not qualified to say (but I might try anyway)...

just 2 days ago there was the Lahore attack by the Taliban, almost twice as much victims as in Brussels, but nobody reacts to that

https://www.rt.com/news/337383-reactions-brussels-lahore-attacks/

Well, if by nobody you mean politicians, media, celebs, etc... as stated by the article... A least a couple of us did mention it here... It's truly tragic, and those responsible should be crushed like the heathen they are... I have no sympathy or patience for senseless violence, but quashing extremism of any kind (that condones and promotes violence in the name of purity or progress) should be on the minds of all Westerners, as well as Muslims who want to help stop the stereotypes, prejudice, and fear that stems from the radicals... They have to disown and disavowal what is happening in a strong and unified way... The majority of level-headed Muslims should start a stronger physical movement against this nonsense and petition the West for help in the struggle...

I'm probably as naive as ever....

America needs a crash course in Realpolitik, in my opinion. Europe may have already gotten one.

I'm tired of the West, and particularly the U.S., being blamed for the fact that Muslim societies are, by and large, dysfunctional, and have been for the last couple of hundred years.

At some point, people are responsible for their own destinies.

The biggest single cause of Islamist terrorism is the Wahabism exported by Saudi Arabia and funded by oil dollars, and imams who sell their people victimhood. What are we supposed to do about that? Well, attacking Saudi Arabia or being too aggressive is out of the question, because until very recently if they turned off the oil spigot, the economy of Europe would have crashed, and still might, and ours would have followed. That threat might be lessened if Europe wasn't so dependent on foreign sources for energy, but who is doing anything about that?

We tried troops followed by nation building, because democracies don't go on wars of extermination by and large. Were mistakes made in dealing with the Middle East? Absolutely, but if anything the mistake was in giving them more credit than they deserved. The vast majority of Iraqis and Afghans were far more interested in stealing whatever wasn't locked down, including aid money for women and children, making multiple and contradictory back stabbing deals with anyone in sight, and settling old tribal scores, than in building a new society. We might still have avoided the current chaos of genocide and mass, uncontrolled migration into Europe if it weren't for our "leading from behind" President who is more interested in fulfilling old campaign promises than in dealing with realities on the ground. We've had tens of thousands of troops stationed along the DMZ between North and South Korea since the early 1950s, but we couldn't have done the same in the Middle East? Don't get me started. So, a totally hands off approach hasn't worked either.

No one needs to tell me that there aren't a lot of good options, but sitting on our hands isn't cutting it, nor is the appeasement and abasement that Europe has been practicing, partly because of its nonsensical ultra "progressive" policies and partly out of self interest because of oil and trade. When you sup with the devil the old saying goes, you have to have a very long spoon. It may be that you shouldn't sup with him at all.

We may not be able to directly control Saudi Arabia, but we don't have to let foreign Imams preach jihad within our own borders, and we don't have to let Wahabi schools indoctrinate children either. Nor should any western society have to accept enclaves in its borders that hold to their own laws, and where the laws of the host country aren't enforced. Nor, if Europe wants to stem this tidal wave of often uneducated, sometimes radicalized Muslim young men from flowing into Europe can it think it can just sit back and let the Middle East descend into barbarism.

This is total madness.

Ed. Oh, and for goodness sakes, Europeans need to totally retrain their police and security forces in general. I haven't wanted to rub salt in the wounds, but this is like the Keystone Cops. If the FBI can't do it, get people from the NYPD, or private contractors...get somebody, and get them quick.

indeed there are few good options, but just let things come is the worst

we should break some taboos, and chose our priorities instead
some exceptional measures should be taken to fight the terrorism, not only in our home country but also abroad

if we don't break taboos and chose priorities someone will do it for us
just a year ago, there was no question for the west, Assad had to go
now we realise there is not a safe alternative at hand

we have to start cooking and sometimes an egg will be broken

And sometimes many eggs!

America needs a crash course in Realpolitik, in my opinion. Europe may have already gotten one.

I'm tired of the West, and particularly the U.S., being blamed for the fact that Muslim societies are, by and large, dysfunctional, and have been for the last couple of hundred years.

At some point, people are responsible for their own destinies.

The biggest single cause of Islamist terrorism is the Wahabism exported by Saudi Arabia and funded by oil dollars, and imams who sell their people victimhood. What are we supposed to do about that? Well, attacking Saudi Arabia or being too aggressive is out of the question, because until very recently if they turned off the oil spigot, the economy of Europe would have crashed, and still might, and ours would have followed. That threat might be lessened if Europe wasn't so dependent on foreign sources for energy, but who is doing anything about that?

We tried troops followed by nation building, because democracies don't go on wars of extermination by and large. Were mistakes made in dealing with the Middle East? Absolutely, but if anything the mistake was in giving them more credit than they deserved. The vast majority of Iraqis and Afghans were far more interested in stealing whatever wasn't locked down, including aid money for women and children, making multiple and contradictory back stabbing deals with anyone in sight, and settling old tribal scores, than in building a new society. We might still have avoided the current chaos of genocide and mass, uncontrolled migration into Europe if it weren't for our "leading from behind" President who is more interested in fulfilling old campaign promises than in dealing with realities on the ground. We've had tens of thousands of troops stationed along the DMZ between North and South Korea since the early 1950s, but we couldn't have done the same in the Middle East? Don't get me started. So, a totally hands off approach hasn't worked either.

No one needs to tell me that there aren't a lot of good options, but sitting on our hands isn't cutting it, nor is the appeasement and abasement that Europe has been practicing, partly because of its nonsensical ultra "progressive" policies and partly out of self interest because of oil and trade. When you sup with the devil the old saying goes, you have to have a very long spoon. It may be that you shouldn't sup with him at all.

We may not be able to directly control Saudi Arabia, but we don't have to let foreign Imams preach jihad within our own borders, and we don't have to let Wahabi schools indoctrinate children either. Nor should any western society have to accept enclaves in its borders that hold to their own laws, and where the laws of the host country aren't enforced. Nor, if Europe wants to stem this tidal wave of often uneducated, sometimes radicalized Muslim young men from flowing into Europe can it think it can just sit back and let the Middle East descend into barbarism.

This is total madness.

Ed. Oh, and for goodness sakes, Europeans need to totally retrain their police and security forces in general. I haven't wanted to rub salt in the wounds, but this is like the Keystone Cops. If the FBI can't do it, get people from the NYPD, or private contractors...get somebody, and get them quick.

You come across as so rational that it would be hard to argue against you (but see if that stops me from chiming in! :))... I agree with almost all of this.

I don't really think the period of "hands off" has been tried, at least not by the US (but I agree 100% that appeasement is not the answer)... Our drones are ever active, not to mention "advisors," "peace-keeping forces," etc... But there is a difference between hands-off and appeasement, even if subtle...

In my mind hands-off implies no political, economic, and military intervention, but this was pretty much a non-option given the long history of tension... However, before the era of increased terrorism, maybe we could have relied on domestic (US), Norwegian, South American, heck even Russian oil ;) sorry Ruskies!... AND BUILT THORIUM REACTORS (why has this not caught on? can some scientist please set me straight... I know you could not weaponize it, so we ended the research, but you can make energy so incredibly efficiently from what I have read and seen... And it's not a dangerous process like modern nuclear power... taking this on the word of people much smarter than me!)... If we had truly stopped the Imperialism of the 20th century US we could have seen if hands-off was even possible... As long as we rely on them economically, there is always a conflict of interest concern...

Appeasement implies that you are being wronged, or overlooking some territorial advance (like Hitler... I don't think we need remind Europeans of this!) and you keep giving something up to prevent open conflict. Appeasement has a bad (albeit earned and well deserved) reputation for not working... If we had truly been hands-off, and the various attacks still persisted, we would have been justified in reacting accordingly (before my political awakening prior to the 2000 election, I thought I would go into the military)... Here's the problem... given the US' past, everything we do, whether well intended or not, is currently tainted with that imperial past... To deny that serves neither the West nor the Middle East, and the dirty history sheds light on the complexity of the issue as well... There is a very real source of distrust on both sides... I just want the quickest and least bloody path to a better more peaceful world while we still have a snowball's chance in hell of saving our species... I think ALL of us here agree on that front, and if it was an easy fix we'd all share the same opinion or the problem would already have been solved...

I AM NOT PROPOSING APPEASEMENT, FOR THE ATTACKS TAKING PLACE, JUST IN CASE I WAS NOT CLEAR... I think it is clear that doing nothing is not the solution... No one accused me as such, this is preemptive (like George W. Bush's war... :p)

If everyone would just watch some Carl Sagan and chill the f--k out we could start having a serious global conversation!

This just started, not so confident, he believes not know the plans of the countries' rich Europe "are intended to deliver Spain to calm the beast and gain time. If Europe betrays Spain and surrender to Islam provoke World War III. Dead before our country in the hands of the Beast.

Why not moderate Islamists chivaron that the terrorist was in the Belgian Quarter, he believes not know? that performance of silence is the purest style mobster and kills innocent Europeans, ordinary people, the people.

The Spanish authorities and Spanish intelligence services are prevented at the betrayal of Europe. Spain never Muslim.

This thread has been viewed 103434 times.

Back