The Canaanites and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict

it is a harsh conflict
but i can promise you this we
jews in israel not going anywhere
this land was promised to us and to our seed
View attachment 14413
Really ?
Who promised it to you ? I also have a faerie tales book promising the whole of asia to me and my offspring.

The fact that you are using terms like "promise land" as argument shows that it is not the palestinians who are the fundamentalist nutjobs in this conflict.

Really ?
Who promised it to you ? I also have a faerie tales book promising the whole of asia to me and my offspring.

The fact that you are using terms like "promise land" as argument shows that it is not the palestinians who are the fundamentalist nutjobs in this conflict.

What is important
Is that i was born in israel
Do you really think me and all the jews in israel
Are going to live our country
Just because you and other anti-semites
Don't like the fact we are there
I don't buy that you care so much of the palestinians
Go to apricity forum you will fit there like a glove

What is important
Is that i was born in israel
Do you really think me and all the jews in israel
Are going to live our country
Just because you and other anti-semites
Don't like the fact we are there
I don't buy that you care so much of the palestinians
Go to apricity forum you will fit there like a glove
The fact you are using the argument " the land was promised to us and our offspring" shows that you have no intention and probably not the knowledge to conduct a civil discourse which contains scientific data regarding population migration, genetics or even politics. This is an argument originating from religious mumbo jumbo. It has 0 value.

The fact also that you believe that a jewish person from NY brooklyn whose ancestors cluster genetically to eastern european/south italians/aegean greeks ( askhenai) has more of a right to live in that land than a person of a far higher genetic proximity to levante/semitic heritage whose ancestors lived there for centuries ( or millenia) is evidence that you do not respect any principle of fairness or justice. People living in the roman province of Palestina-Syria were not muslims before 7th century ce ( not that it matters what religion someone follows) and are far more linked genetically to the indigenous canaanite populations than a lot of jewish people who settled the last decades. If you cannot accept that you are hypocrite.

The palestinian people are one of the four people that have suffered most during the 20th century ( kurds armenian and jews are the other three). You are doing exactly what jews have undergone during the WW2 era but whenever someone criticises the fascist state of israel you play the antisemite card ( which btw has absolutely no effect any more-it has been overplayed). Palestinians are also semites btw. So are arabs. So I do not understand how someone can be antisemite.

" If I don't steal your house, someone else will" Jakob - settler from the US who cannot even speak hebrew, to the palestinian owners of a house.

The fact you are using the argument " the land was promised to us and our offspring" shows that you have no intention and probably not the knowledge to conduct a civil discourse which contains scientific data regarding population migration, genetics or even politics. This is an argument originating from religious mumbo jumbo. It has 0 value.

The fact also that you believe that a jewish person from NY brooklyn whose ancestors cluster genetically to eastern european/south italians/aegean greeks ( askhenai) has more of a right to live in that land than a person of a far higher genetic proximity to levante/semitic heritage whose ancestors lived there for centuries ( or millenia) is evidence that you do not respect any principle of fairness or justice. People living in the roman province of Palestina-Syria were not muslims before 7th century ce ( not that it matters what religion someone follows) and are far more linked genetically to the indigenous canaanite populations than a lot of jewish people who settled the last decades. If you cannot accept that you are hypocrite.

The palestinian people are one of the four people that have suffered most during the 20th century ( kurds armenian and jews are the other three). You are doing exactly what jews have undergone during the WW2 era but whenever someone criticises the fascist state of israel you play the antisemite card ( which btw has absolutely no effect any more-it has been overplayed). Palestinians are also semites btw. So are arabs. So I do not understand how someone can be antisemite.

" If I don't steal your house, someone else will" Jakob - settler from the US who cannot even speak hebrew, to the palestinian owners of a house.

I don't care if i cluster with sicilians and aegean greeks ( which i do)
I was born in israel
And i am not going anywhere
Just like an anglo saxon white boy american
Was born in new york
Do you think he should leave usa
Becsuse his ancestors came to usa from england
And the native americans where there before him?

So what is the solution to this conflict ?
You de realise it is also a relegious conflict
Between us and the palestinians and many jews do belive from relegious point of view that this land is ours ?

israel is not fascit state
Israeli arabs live here like kings
I can asure you i see them every day

do you denay that by paternal line me and other jews are descendent from the tribe of judah
I never said to a greek person (assuming your greek flag)
that you are not descendents from ancient greeks

it is a harsh conflict
but i can promise you this we
jews in israel not going anywhere
this land was promised to us and to our seed
Were the Nazis also justified in perpetrating the holocaust to 'defend their fatherland' (a phrase they used in concentration camps) then? Or maybe the Catholic-devised pogroms in Europe during the first crusade were also justified? This is absolutely ridiculous. Genocidal talking points.

Palestinians aren't going anywhere, the land is their homeland. Instead of advocating for your Polish PM to genocide an indigenous population living in an open-air concentration camp, you should be advocating for a single state where Palestinians get their right of return, and live equally with Jews.

Last edited:
Modern Zionism started out as a secular movement in lieu of rising European nationalism in the 19th century, it's not religious at its core at all. There's a reason many anti-Zionist Jews come from the ultra Orthodox 'Haredi' milieu.

I don't care if i cluster with sicilians and aegean greeks ( which i do)
I was born in israel
And i am not going anywhere
Just like an anglo saxon white boy american
Was born in new york
Do you think he should leave usa
Becsuse his ancestors came to usa from england
And the native americans where there before him?

So what is the solution to this conflict ?
You de realise it is also a relegious conflict
Between us and the palestinians and many jews do belive from relegious point of view that this land is ours ?

israel is not fascit state
Israeli arabs live here like kings
I can asure you i see them every day

do you denay that by paternal line me and other jews are descendent from the tribe of judah
I never said to a greek person (assuming your greek flag)
that you are not descendents from ancient greeks
You were born in israel. Cool. So did a palestinian boy, so did their parents/ grand parents and other ancestors since centuries. Btw noone ever brought an argument for jews to "leave israel", so I have no idea why you are using this strawman. In fact your very first sentences show that you agree with me. Just like it is absurd and there is no "moral right" to any land (imagine if the moors said they have a moral right to southern spain or greeks said we ruled the coasts of anatolia for 2 millenia so we have a right to the land, or native south americans kicked all the europeans from argentina) let alone if this right, comes from religious texts. This is what happened between 1880-1930 between the arabs and the jews, during the zionism movement. Let alone that the leaders of the movement were completely secular atheists who used the bible as an excuse for the political project of an israeli state on an inhabited and settled land ( since at least 1500 years). The arabs paid for the hypocrisy and antisemitism of the europeans. There were a lot of jews ( e.g palestinian jews, marxist jews, orthodox jews, diaspora jews) that never supported the zionism movement until the 40s.

The point is that people persecuted by germans and other european antisemites sought refuge in that land ( not matter what is was called). I remind you this picture where jewish refugees arrived in Palestine with the banner "The Germans destroyed our families and homes - don't you destroy our hopes".
1698754075081.png

When Europe was denying jews ( e.g the exodus ship), those people in that land accepted you despite that it never was them that persecuted you ( European hypocrisy) neither exiled you.
No it is not and it never was a religious issue. It is a pure political issue where displacement, dispossesion and an apartheid regime is being created treating non-jews as subhumans. Obviously a palestinian-arab boy born in this regime and in the camps will grow resentment towards israelis and will use sticks and stones to fight the regime. You will label this boy a terrorist. ( you might be born such a boy in the next life who knows)
You know who else was a terrorist some years ago ? Your ancestors. The Jewish Irgun and Stern gangs who sought to force the British out of Palestine carried out a series of bloody attacks on British soldiers and officials. Jews were labelled by the British as "terrorists".

So the issue is far more complex and is definitely not religious. I remind you also that of all the religious regimes in Europe, the only one that accepted the exiled Jews of Spain was the Ottoman Chaliphate. I am not one to flatter Islam as a greek myself, let alone the ottomans but it is true. If islam wanted to eradicate the jews, you think they would have accepted jewish immigrants?
Israel has turned into a fascist state ever since 77 when Likud party was dominating politics with Menachem Begin and even Hamas was built by Israel because PLO was following a "no arms" policy which had attracted international support.

The issue is not genetic either. I just pointed out that the absurdity of the law of return which gives the right to someone that has no link ( even if we accept a % of jewish genetic heritage) to that land for 2 millenia to displace a person that is also indigenous to that land, steal or demolish their homes and build over them. This law of return is btw exploited by crooks and pedophiles to escape US justice just because they claim to be of jewish heritage.

The problem is trying to combine genetics with ownership of land. National consciousness does not give land rights to anyone. Neither do scriptures. The argument of 'we were here first" is also ridiculous because it is rarely the truth. You would have reacted exactly like the palestinian arabs when someone would have told you that a new independent state will be established on your land, and the argument used would be "because the scriptures say so". Let's be real here.

So you are pro-palestinian great
Good luck to you

Modern Zionism started out as a secular movement in lieu of rising European nationalism in the 19th century, it's not religious at its core at all. There's a reason many anti-Zionist Jews come from the ultra Orthodox 'Haredi' milieu.
Zionism was a progressive movement originally. As you said, it was secular and its purpose to make the Jews "a people like other peoples", a people that is tied to a land and no longer rootless. The founding fathers of the Zionist movement understood that much of antisemitism was provoked by the behaviour of the Jews themselves, so they sought to reinvent the Jewish people and elevate them into a nation among nations. Unfortunately the method used to pursue that rather noble objective was that of colonialism. Islam and the Arabic language are also results of a previous colonialism but the people that lived there before the Jews began to flock into Palestine were certainly more rooted in that area. Conflict was inevitable and Zionism was hijacked by religion as a means to justify this settler colonialism and ethnic cleansing. It doesn't matter if some ultra-Orthodox support or reject Zionism. Their core beliefs are that the goyim are soulless subhumans whose purpose is to serve them. Those who reject the state of Israel reject responsibility and work. They believe that they have a divine right to leech off the goyim. So when you see those anti-Zionist Haredi Jews supporting Palestinians, it is not because they are moved by their suffering. This parasitic behaviour is exactly what the original Zionists swore to weed out because they understood that only through hard work and responsibility will the Jews become a "people like all other people." It looks like they failed.

There is a Jewish Autonomous Oblast in Russia which I know is not the most attractive place in the world and I can understand why barely any Jewish person would want to live there but considering the chaos in the Middle East, maybe living in some Siberian backwater but living in peace and prosperity was a better option than living in the so-called holy land but in perpetual war and fear.

Zionism was a progressive movement originally. As you said, it was secular and its purpose to make the Jews "a people like other peoples", a people that is tied to a land and no longer rootless. The founding fathers of the Zionist movement understood that much of antisemitism was provoked by the behaviour of the Jews themselves, so they sought to reinvent the Jewish people and elevate them into a nation among nations. Unfortunately the method used to pursue that rather noble objective was that of colonialism. Islam and the Arabic language are also results of a previous colonialism but the people that lived there before the Jews began to flock into Palestine were certainly more rooted in that area. Conflict was inevitable and Zionism was hijacked by religion as a means to justify this settler colonialism and ethnic cleansing. It doesn't matter if some ultra-Orthodox support or reject Zionism. Their core beliefs are that the goyim are soulless subhumans whose purpose is to serve them. Those who reject the state of Israel reject responsibility and work. They believe that they have a divine right to leech off the goyim. So when you see those anti-Zionist Haredi Jews supporting Palestinians, it is not because they are moved by their suffering. This parasitic behaviour is exactly what the original Zionists swore to weed out because they understood that only through hard work and responsibility will the Jews become a "people like all other people." It looks like they failed.
Couldn't have said it any better. To further affirm what you've said, early Zionist literature is amply clear on the nature of the process; it was firmly described as 'colonization' and parallels are often made between Palestinians and the Aztecs. Thus, indeed, the environment in which Zionism was conceived is not at all relevant to either religious scripture or Levantine society in the 19th century. It's something wholly different.

So you are pro-palestinian great
Good luck to you
It's appalling that you're not seeing the contradiction and problem in what you're saying, you've stopped responding because you can't seriously spew what you just said above in a rational argument. Nazis justified the Holocaust as an inevitable 'solution' to the Jews living over the Germanic fatherland. You did just the deed and justified it with religious scripture.

There's inherent good in every individual, put yourself in the Palestinians' shoes and see what you would feel about all this. Advocate for a single state for all Palestinians and Jews instead of genocidal talking points.

Last edited:
One possible origin for the name Palestine, as first used by Herodotus, is the relationship to the Greek word for 'wrestler' (παλαιστής) and thus Herodotus was using it as pun on the story in the Bible of Jacob/Israel wrestling with the angel and his name being changed. Thus, Palestine is the land of the wrestler - Israel.

As far as Palestinians as an ethnicity is made up nonsense. There never was an ethnic or State/country/kingdom etc. of Palestine. Palestine was a geographic designation and as such anyone living there was a Palestinian - even Jews. Arab Palestinians morphed into an ethnicity as if they were somehow indigenous to that region when most were immigrants during the latter part of Turkish rule and the Mandate period. As far as Jews they have always been there as a minority being harassed and murdered by Muslims since the 7th century.

I guess payback and de-colonization from foreign rulers has finally come thanks to the British and their intent on giving them a homeland (the very purpose of that mandate for that particular region) - the Arabs got their Ethno-Religious States already. Hell Trans-Jordan was created for them as well as Syria and what is now Saudi Arabia. All immigration to Transjordan was illegal for Jews when that took place. But when the British decided to leave the murder of Jews, which had been taking place during the 20s 30s 40s, got really bad just prior to 1948. And of course the Muslim could no handle their declaration in regards to the UN partition and their Muslim/Arab States decided to try and wipe them out but they got their asses handed to them and now cry like bitches. Nakba for sure. Most of them were told to leave by their Arab/Muslim rulers.

The time has come for no two state solution as it is clear that so-called Palestinians (as history has demonstrated) don't want that. So who is going to win the long battle - we will have to wait and see. But the gloves are off. As Mohamed said WAR IS DECEIT - so next time you complain about Israel and their tactics - don't blame them for having to be reduced to their enemies way in order to be victorious.

Wikipedia
"
Strategically situated between three continents, the region of Palestine (also known as the Land of Israel and the Holy Land) has a tumultuous history as a crossroads for religion, culture, commerce, and politics. Palestine is the birthplace of Judaism and Christianity, and has been controlled by many kingdoms and powers, including Ancient Egypt, Ancient Israel and Judah, the Persian Empire, Alexander the Great and his successors, the Hasmoneans, the Roman Empire, several Muslim caliphates, and the crusaders. In modern times, the area was ruled by the Ottoman Empire, then the British Empire and since 1948 it has been divided into Israel, the West Bank, and the Gaza Strip.
Overview
The region was among the earliest in the world to see human habitation, agricultural communities and civilization. In the Bronze Age, the Canaanites established independent city-states that were influenced by the surrounding civilizations, among them Egypt, which ruled the area in the Late Bronze Age.
During the Iron Age, two related Israelite kingdoms, Israel and Judah, controlled much of Palestine, while the Philistines occupied its southern coast. The Assyrians conquered the region in the 8th century BCE, then the Babylonians in c. 601 BCE, followed by the Persians who conquered the Babylonian Empire in 539 BCE. Alexander the Great conquered the Persian Empire in the late 330s BCE, beginning a long period of Hellenization in the region. In the late 2nd century BCE, the Hasmonean Kingdom conquered most of Palestine and parts of neighboring regions but the kingdom gradually became a vassal of Rome, which annexed the area in 63 BCE. Roman Judea was troubled by large-scale Jewish revolts, which Rome answered with by destroying Jerusalem and the Second Jewish Temple.

In the 4th century, as the Roman Empire christened, Palestine became a center of Christianity, attracting pilgrims, monks and scholars. Following the Muslim conquest of the Levant in 636–641, several Muslim ruling dynasties succeeded each other as they wrestled control of Palestine: the Rashiduns; the Umayyads, who built the Dome of the Rock and the al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem; the Abbasids; the semi-independent Tulunids and the Ikhshidids; the Fatimids; and the Seljuks. In 1099, the Crusaders established the Kingdom of Jerusalem in Palestine, which the Ayyubid Sultanate reconquered in 1187. Following the invasion of the Mongol Empire, the Egyptian Mamluks reunified Palestine under its control before the Ottoman Empire conquered the region in 1516 and ruled it as Ottoman Syria largely undisrupted through to the 20th century.

During World War I the British government issued the Balfour Declaration, favoring the establishment of a national home for the Jewish people in Palestine. The British captured Palestine from the Ottomans shortly thereafter. The League of Nations gave Britain mandatory power over Palestine in 1922. British colonial rule and Arab efforts to prevent Jewish migration into Palestine led to growing sectarian violence between Arabs and Jews, eventually causing the British government to announce its intention to terminate the Mandate in 1947. The United Nations General Assembly recommended partitioning Palestine into two states; one Arab and one Jewish. However, the situation in Palestine had deteriorated into a civil war between Arabs and Jews. The Arabs rejected the Partition Plan, the Jews ostensibly accepted it, declaring the independence of the State of Israel in May 1948 upon the termination of the British mandate. Nearby Arab countries invaded Palestine, but Israel not only prevailed but also conquered far more territory of the Mandate than envisioned by the Partition Plan. During the war, 700,000, or about 80% of all Palestinians fled or were driven out of the territory that Israel conquered, and were not allowed to return, in an event that became known as the Nakba ("Catastrophe") to the Palestinians. Starting in the late 1940s and continuing for decades thereafter, about 850,000 Jews from the Arab world immigrated ("made Aliyah") to Israel.

After the war, only two parts of Palestine remained in Arab control: the West Bank (and East-Jerusalem), annexed by Jordan, and the Gaza Strip (occupied by Egypt), which were conquered by Israel during the Six-Day War in 1967. Despite international objections, Israel started to establish settlements in these occupied territories.[1] Meanwhile, the Palestinian national movement gradually gained international recognition, largely thanks to the Palestine Liberation Organisation (PLO, founded in 1965) under the leadership of Yasser Arafat. In 1993, the Oslo Peace Accords between Israel and the PLO established the Palestinian National Authority (PA) as an interim body to run parts of Gaza and the West Bank (but not East Jerusalem) pending a permanent solution to the conflict. Further peace developments were not ratified and/or implemented, and in recent history, relations between Israel and Palestinians have been marked by repeated military conflicts, especially with the Islamist group Hamas, which also rejects the PA. In 2007, Hamas won control of Gaza from the PA, now limited to the West Bank. In November 2012, the State of Palestine (the name used by the PA) became a non-member observer state in the UN, allowing it to take part in General Assembly debates and improving its chances of joining other UN agencies."

I show in all that an disuntanglable situation (since a long time, not only the last century) where nobody has true rights over the other. Arabs of Palestine have had their faults but Israel profited of its last century victory to gain other lands which were not truly its own ones. The UK gave them lands arbitrary and permitted a flow of European, African and Asian Jews who where not recent descendants of Palestinian Jews. A way to gain Heaven for the British's (and maybe other western Europeans) who had maybe as us some responsability in the Jews holocauste. It was the first great sin.
It's of some signification that the Oslo Peace Accords are fighted again by the farther right political side of Israel and the partly religious extremist side of Hamas. Israel is playing the accomplished fact policy, as do other totalitarist states.
Amusing to see that the most extremist people of Israel are very often Europeans fresh descendants.
BTW Before fighting against non-Jews, Antiquity Jews fighted long periods within them. Mankind nature?
&: "promised land" and the "eternal return" concepts: dangrous thing -
I wonder what would say American modern people if northern Ameridians would demand to recover even only a tiny part their ancient territories they had been expelled from. And they, they were not go off for a better life.
Despite the difficulty, for me the only solution is a Palestine two states territories solution.

One possible origin for the name Palestine, as first used by Herodotus, is the relationship to the Greek word for 'wrestler' (παλαιστής) and thus Herodotus was using it as pun on the story in the Bible of Jacob/Israel wrestling with the angel and his name being changed. Thus, Palestine is the land of the wrestler - Israel.

As far as Palestinians as an ethnicity is made up nonsense. There never was an ethnic or State/country/kingdom etc. of Palestine. Palestine was a geographic designation and as such anyone living there was a Palestinian - even Jews. Arab Palestinians morphed into an ethnicity as if they were somehow indigenous to that region when most were immigrants during the latter part of Turkish rule and the Mandate period. As far as Jews they have always been there as a minority being harassed and murdered by Muslims since the 7th century.

I guess payback and de-colonization from foreign rulers has finally come thanks to the British and their intent on giving them a homeland (the very purpose of that mandate for that particular region) - the Arabs got their Ethno-Religious States already. Hell Trans-Jordan was created for them as well as Syria and what is now Saudi Arabia. All immigration to Transjordan was illegal for Jews when that took place. But when the British decided to leave the murder of Jews, which had been taking place during the 20s 30s 40s, got really bad just prior to 1948. And of course the Muslim could no handle their declaration in regards to the UN partition and their Muslim/Arab States decided to try and wipe them out but they got their asses handed to them and now cry like bitches. Nakba for sure. Most of them were told to leave by their Arab/Muslim rulers.

The time has come for no two state solution as it is clear that so-called Palestinians (as history has demonstrated) don't want that. So who is going to win the long battle - we will have to wait and see. But the gloves are off. As Mohamed said WAR IS DECEIT - so next time you complain about Israel and their tactics - don't blame them for having to be reduced to their enemies way in order to be victorious.
Curious: how do you pronounce "Muslim"?

a)Herodotus never knew of Jacob of a minor seminomad family/tribe between phoenicia and egypt who were at that time captive to the persians. He traveled both to phoenicia and to egypt and never heard of jews more than some syrians who practise circumcision. Palestine does certainly not come from παλαιστης. Etymology leads to the Peleshet/Philistines of ancient history.
b) You seem to confuse the terms nationality ( which arose ONLY when countries were formed i.e recently) and ethnicity which refers to the culture and other unifying traits to a group of people ( history, language, customs etc). Palestinians have existed as an ethnicity for millenia ( just like jews).
c) Palestinians are indeed indigenous to the area proven by their own genetic studies. This ofc does not apply to many jews who have nothing to do with the genetics of the area (which is the reason why dna tests are banned in Israel since they prove that jews of askhenasim heritage are nothing else but eastern or central europeans). Some dude from brooklyn whose ancestors were living in belarus for centuries has nothing to do with ancient Judea but he has the right to steal the homes of people who lived there for millenia. Netanyahu is a polish dude with Y R1a- M198 which has as much to do with the middle east/levante as an inuit.
d) There are countless countries formed in the last 2 centuries, which have never been a state, kingdom before. Even the concept of a country is rather modern as every part of the world was pretty much a part of an empire untill the 17-18th century. Palestine was inhabited and settled when the british ( after the pressure and money of zionists /strakosch-rothchild ) and the recently formed UN arbitrarily and due to post WW2 guilt decided to give territory to the people whom the europeans were persecuting for centuries, thus throwing the hot-potato of the jewish problem to the muslims.
e) Payback ? Have you finished junior highschool ? The europeans were the ones persecuting the jews ( First crusade led to pogroms in Rhineland, edict of King Edward I and exile from britain in 1290, exile from France in 1394 by King Charles VI, The Alhambra Decree of 1492 in Spain, The First Partition of Poland in 1772 , the expulsion decree in 1569 by Pope Pius V ). Do you know where those jews went after their exile ? Could it be the muslim countries ( e.g the otttoman empire) who were the only ones accepting jews ?

If anything the ones colonising the area are the israeli with illegal settlements and ethnic cleansing. Why didn't US admit the jews to create their ethnostate there in the vast uninhabited areas of the midwest ? Why didn't the british accept the jews ? If you invoke some ancient link to a promised land, then how about all the euroamericans give the land back to the native americans and the original european countries should host them.

Your islamophobia is one thing. But your history illiteracy is completely another thing.

a)Herodotus never knew of Jacob of a minor seminomad family/tribe between phoenicia and egypt who were at that time captive to the persians. He traveled both to phoenicia and to egypt and never heard of jews more than some syrians who practise circumcision. Palestine does certainly not come from παλαιστης. Etymology leads to the Peleshet/Philistines of ancient history.
b) You seem to confuse the terms nationality ( which arose ONLY when countries were formed i.e recently) and ethnicity which refers to the culture and other unifying traits to a group of people ( history, language, customs etc). Palestinians have existed as an ethnicity for millenia ( just like jews).
c) Palestinians are indeed indigenous to the area proven by their own genetic studies. This ofc does not apply to many jews who have nothing to do with the genetics of the area (which is the reason why dna tests are banned in Israel since they prove that jews of askhenasim heritage are nothing else but eastern or central europeans). Some dude from brooklyn whose ancestors were living in belarus for centuries has nothing to do with ancient Judea but he has the right to steal the homes of people who lived there for millenia. Netanyahu is a polish dude with Y R1a- M198 which has as much to do with the middle east/levante as an inuit.
d) There are countless countries formed in the last 2 centuries, which have never been a state, kingdom before. Even the concept of a country is rather modern as every part of the world was pretty much a part of an empire untill the 17-18th century. Palestine was inhabited and settled when the british ( after the pressure and money of zionists /strakosch-rothchild ) and the recently formed UN arbitrarily and due to post WW2 guilt decided to give territory to the people whom the europeans were persecuting for centuries, thus throwing the hot-potato of the jewish problem to the muslims.
e) Payback ? Have you finished junior highschool ? The europeans were the ones persecuting the jews ( First crusade led to pogroms in Rhineland, edict of King Edward I and exile from britain in 1290, exile from France in 1394 by King Charles VI, The Alhambra Decree of 1492 in Spain, The First Partition of Poland in 1772 , the expulsion decree in 1569 by Pope Pius V ). Do you know where those jews went after their exile ? Could it be the muslim countries ( e.g the otttoman empire) who were the only ones accepting jews ?

If anything the ones colonising the area are the israeli with illegal settlements and ethnic cleansing. Why didn't US admit the jews to create their ethnostate there in the vast uninhabited areas of the midwest ? Why didn't the british accept the jews ? If you invoke some ancient link to a promised land, then how about all the euroamericans give the land back to the native americans and the original european countries should host them.

Your islamophobia is one thing. But your history illiteracy is completely another thing.
a) Herodotus certainly knew of the story. It is irrelevant whether he meet Jacob who probably did not exist. Certainty is not a good thing when dealing with ancient words that sound similar. Just stop! Philistines are a people not a geographic region.
b) I'm not confusing anything - I'm saying that there was neither a State (nationality) or an ethnicity. They were Muslim/Arabs or other Muslims living in the geographic region called Palestine.
c) I never said that those calling themselves Palestinians did not have genetic ties to this area. And your claim that Ashkenazim are not genetically related to this area is BS. Anyone on here (a cite with tons of genetic info) who has not availed themselves of these studies should not be taken seriously. Jew is not just an ethnicity - anyone can convert. As such they still need their Homeland.
d) Does not matter the point is that they did not identify as a separate ethnic State, kingdom, country, polity, whatever term or concept you want to use. Palestine was sparsely inhabited and very much so only in the main towns except Jerusalem and a few others. It was very very underdeveloped as any travelogue will tell you and any early footage. And you don't seem to understand Ottoman Islamic land laws during this time. Hardly any land was 'settled' or owed land as private property by peasants - they were mostly migrant tenant farmers. One Jews started coming in and buying up land from Arab land owners who did not even live there more Arab/Muslims came to work in/on/near these communities.
e) I use that term flippantly sicne many peole supporting Palestinians justify their horrible actions and a response to Jewish and Israeli actions. But those actions are born out of centuries of antisemitism and hatred of Muslims towards Jews - including theft of their lands and property and murder rape. So what is good for the goose is good for the.. I never said all Muslims have treated Jews badly - it depends of the time and the ruler and the people under that ruler. To be a non-Muslim in a Muslim controlled area is not good for many a people as has be seen through many a time. To deny this is ridiculous.

Phobia is an irrational fear of something. I think Islam is a crap backwards religion that has created a mass of assholes and murders. Sorry history offends you. What many of them believe and how they have acted on those beliefs is not good and I have the right to hate it. You can call it whatever you want.

Last edited:
Palestine was sparsely inhabited and very much so only in the main towns except Jerusalem and a few others. It was very very underdeveloped as any travelogue will tell you and any early footage. And you don't seem to understand Ottoman Islamic land laws during this time. Hardly any land was 'settled' or owed land as private property by peasants - they were mostly migrant tenant farmers. One Jews started coming in and buying up land from Arab land owners who did not even live there more Arab/Muslims came to work in/on/near these communities.
Not only was Palestine as a whole well-populated during the 18th-19th century, which was recorded by many travelers who visited the area, the rural population comprised ~85-90% of the total population. Anyone even a tiny bit familiar with the Levant's demography and history knows that.

You're obviously not that, which is why you had to make up the word 'migrant tenant farmers' for Palestine. Most Palestinian villages were established way before the Ottomans set foot in 1516. Land owership of the villages was then coopted either into domains of 'multezim' families (responsible for tax-colllecting) or were owned by the villagers themselves - that is they did their own collecting. The notable local families who received iltizam, i.e tax-collecting mission for collecting taxes from some villages, also partitioned the domains of their iltizam among villagers. E.g Zaydans in Galilee, the rival Kurdish and Tamimi clans in the city of Khalil/Hebron, the Turabays, Touqans, Nashashibe of Tulkarm. We can go on.

It's actually very funny that you need to defer to an arbitrary 'legal' issue relevant for a specific time period (land ownership was made a thing in the later Ottoman empire). Should Greeks and Serbs give back their land to Turkey because the peasants did not 'own the land'?

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 6957 times.

Back