Updated phylogenetic tree of E-V13

Mmm yea that last paragraph makes a lot of sense, i kinda like the thracian idea too. But yeah two coastal adriatic results as the only archaeological finds is wild considering where all this line ended up. Gonna buy some books on the Mediterranean and Balkan metal ages and hopefully more dna pops up sooner than later, very intrigued now.

Thanks again !

Edit: just realized the trogir is a newborn baby, that’s insane to think about

Another edit sorry, is there a way to get my results on yfull without the subclade listed on there or do i have to wait until more tests come back ?
Hi mate

I am also paternally Deep Maniot (J2a though) and intrigued by your results. Do you know more about your paternal line. For example the paternal village’s name in Eastern Mani?

Hi mate

I am also paternally Deep Maniot (J2a though) and intrigued by your results. Do you know more about your paternal line. For example the paternal village’s name in Eastern Mani?
Yea! My great grandpa was from Chimara and my great grandma was from Gonea both outside of Kotronas. My great grandma was Cretan though. They immigrated with my grandpa and since then my families been in the states. We didn’t get the chance to test my grandpas autosomal, i would have loved to see it. But based on dads and his siblings it would have been close to 100% greek if not 100% (only one of my grandpas kids got 1% balkans and the only other mediterannean was 2% Cypriot). What town are yall from ? Also do you want to know the surnames ?

Edit: 100 percent Greek as in mainland + islands

Last edited:
YFull assigns to according to your results and the available samples on your branch. Like my own result is much less refined on YFull, since much less people have uploaded there than there are FTDNA branch members.

On second thought, its also possible that if your branch was South Thracian, it could have migrated earlier with Greeks and Romans still, over the sea, than those which might have come in later, like those from the Danube and North of it.
Also, your branch while relatively small is still diverse enoughf or allowing subbranches having gone different routes early on.
THE SEA PEOPLES RAHHH. Just kidding obvs but having formed ~1200 years ago it makes it hard to see the migrations until the Greco-Roman days, again gonna dig into the books. I think there’s either a layered, slow migration or a multifaceted migration around the Black Sea or carpathian basin as that’s the only way i can think of it spreading out in multiple directions with varying clades like it did (obviously spread through seafaring too with the greco-romans). Migrating from there to south Thrace and then staying in a community for a while before making its way over to the peloponnese does make sense. I’ll update with anything relevant i find in the books !

Edit sorry for the new account i had two emails on here and signed in with the other one my bad hahah

Last edited:
THE SEA PEOPLES RAHHH. Just kidding obvs but having formed ~1200 years ago it makes it hard to see the migrations until the Greco-Roman days, again gonna dig into the books. I think there’s either a layered, slow migration or a multifaceted migration around the Black Sea or carpathian basin as that’s the only way i can think of it spreading out in multiple directions with varying clades like it did (obviously spread through seafaring too with the greco-romans). Migrating from there to south Thrace and then staying in a community for a while before making its way over to the peloponnese does make sense. I’ll update with anything relevant i find in the books !

Edit sorry for the new account i had two emails on here and signed in with the other one my bad hahah
only using the 77 acct from now on btw sorry about that😭😭

Also, could a group like the catacomb culture be how e-v13 potentially got down to Thrace (assuming Thrace is right for the sake of argument) ? E-by3880 spread throughout Europe and the steppe via catacombs. An IE got to Thrace maybe via a multi cordoned ware connection and then stayed there. Then in the dark ages and reemergence of Greek civilization it spread enough to then end up in Croatia and the Peloponnese? Just spitballing and this is assuming a southeastern Europe/thracian connection.

Catacomb culture was largely steppe and Yamnaya derived, rather not.

I think that Cotofeni might have been the main spreader of E-V13 in the earliest period, or better it survived in Cotofeni, because at that time E-V13 was a very small male lineage still. It began to grow only later, in my opinion within Nyirseg and into Eastern Otomani, from there on Suciu de Sus and related groups which created the Gáva/Channelled Ware horizon.

In the Hungarian conference "Tranformation of Europe in the 3rd Millennium BC", they had a presentation for Cotofeni, in the Day 2 video(first presentation of Day 2). They were quite clear that Cotofeni people survived, as for DNA samples the speaker replied that we have to wait until the Transylvania paper is published. Now we wait and be tormented.

Catacomb culture was largely steppe and Yamnaya derived, rather not.

I think that Cotofeni might have been the main spreader of E-V13 in the earliest period, or better it survived in Cotofeni, because at that time E-V13 was a very small male lineage still. It began to grow only later, in my opinion within Nyirseg and into Eastern Otomani, from there on Suciu de Sus and related groups which created the Gáva/Channelled Ware horizon.
Ahhhh. I’m picking up “the horse the wheel and language”, the “lost world of old Europe: the Danube valley 5000-3500 bce”, “the dark ages of greece”, “the late copper age coțofeni culture of south east Europe”, and “the end of the Bronze Age”. Gonna try to tear thru them i need to get my knowledge levels elevated hahah

This thread has been viewed 93085 times.

Back