Are South Slavs more Balkan Native than Slavic?

Ottomans were stopped because of Russia Serbian up rising against them and Greece to a lesser extent Hungary. Romania and Tepes needs a good shout out too of course.

You should have read the article about the Battle of Sisak. It was a turning point.

Serbian uprising occurred when the Empire was already dead. We speak here about hundreds of years.

Just ignore the presence of this individual. People here had a normal conversation during all the day, until arrived this trolll and the discussion was derailed.
None of this conversation is normal thread through it for at least the past three days people have just insulted each other and not really answered the question because no one really knows apart from going from genetics

You should have read the article about the Battle of Sisak. It was a turning point.

Serbian uprising occurred when the Empire was already dead. We speak here about hundreds of years.
The Serbian uprising came when the ethnicity of the Turks changed, lol.

Like from Serbian to Croatian and Bosnian. Looks as if the Turks were used by us all to get what we want. Poor them :*(

The empire was dead in the 1920s because the French Mandates took over and all the other Balkan people fled to Anatolia

During the Serbian uprising the commanders of the Ottoman army vassels and officials were Bosnians, Croats and Bosnian Croats their names are featured sometimes when you click on Ottoman officials in Balkans

Like Turks of Bosnian descent Turks of Croatian descent of Greek descent etc. I did it. Bosnia and Croatia invaded Serbia first the Serbians joined the Turks when they were not uprising against them just to simply fight them off.

And, what this has to do with "great serbian resistances" ?

Just ignore the presence of this individual. People here had a normal conversation during all the day, until arrived this trolll and the discussion was derailed.

That's obviously his only purpose here.

The Serbian uprising came when the ethnicity of the Turks changed, lol.

Like from Serbian to Croatian and Bosnian. Looks as if the Turks were used by us all to get what we want. Poor them :*(

The empire was dead in the 1920s because the French Mandates took over and all the other Balkan people fled to Anatolia

Not only was already dead, but you had your massive russian support too.Because as for you, Serbia would never be independent.

Not only was already dead, but you had your massive russian support too.Because as for you, Serbia would never be independent.
The Ottoman empire officially died when the French took over because they wanted the Levant under their control. That was the only thing that stopped then back when Turkey was recognised as the illegal country it is today

That's obviously his only purpose here.

Wonomyro
user-online.png
What are you a she? Lol my purpose is for it to not just be one sided Serbians are pretty targeted here other hatred towards people is ignored too. Pretty funny for a website that seems to be universally against racism and anthropology based.

The whole point of anthropology is to accept people are joined in unison with one another how can it be a stable anthropology forum if anyone against lies is some kind of a nationalist or fascist Albanians don't even plot in one place but a multitude of places and claim that they all should be in Kosovo.

Croatians ignore the Serbian connection they have they also ignore the fact that Catholics once existed in Serbia. I act the way you act when people insult your people and your countries it's no different.

Wonomyro
user-online.png
What are you a she? Lol my purpose is for it to not just be one sided Serbians are pretty targeted here other hatred towards people is ignored too. Pretty funny for a website that seems to be universally against racism and anthropology based.

Do you think that your are helping anyone by throwing loads of nonsense?

Do you think that your are helping anyone by throwing loads of nonsense?

Do you think it makes you a better Croat if you deny the Serb connection?

The whole point of anthropology is to accept people are joined in unison with one another how can it be a stable anthropology forum if anyone against lies is some kind of a nationalist or fascist Albanians don't even plot in one place but a multitude of places and claim that they all should be in Kosovo.

Well, this is an example of propaganda against Albanians.

Croatians ignore the Serbian connection

Not at all. I said that Serbs in Croatia are autosomaly close to Croats. Can you call it "ignoring connections"? When you say that "Serbs came from Vojvodina to Dalmatia and changed the name, that is a nonsense. There has never been such migrations in history. You are making up things and stealing people's time and attention.

Have you presented any academic data to support your claims?

I act the way you act when people insult your people and your countries it's no different.

If you think that someone was insulted, there is a procedure for it. But that still does not mean that the insult existed. Presenting data and linking references that are not favourable for someone's agenda, cannot be called an insult.

Well, this is an example of propaganda against Albanians.

Not at all. I said that Serbs in Croatia are autosomaly close to Croats. Can you call ignoring?

If you think that someone was insulted, there is a procedure for it. But that still does not mean that the insult existed. Presenting data and linking references that are not favourable for someone's agenda is not an insult. If someone has better argument then yours, that is not an insult.

No it's not they presented data they are mixed in with whatever country their ancestors came from.

Serbians don't as much. Links and references to Serbs aiding Turks in attacking nonsense is utter bull and it didn't happen in the same way Bosnians and Croats didn't aid Turks to attack Serbia during the uprising they used them because they did not aid them if any of you said something like that in front of an actual Serbian nationalist....

Also Croats are automatically close to Serbs not vice versa. Because such a thing cannot and does not exist. It's Croats with Serb ancestors not Serbs with Croat ancestors same as Bosnians and which ever else.

No it's not they presented data they are mixed in with whatever country their ancestors came from.

Well I havent noticed that. I see Albanians as a pretty much compact population.

Serbians don't as much. Links and references to Serbs aiding Turks in attacking nonsense is utter bull and it didn't happen in the same way Bosnians and Croats didn't aid Turks to attack Serbia during the uprising they used them because they did not aid them if any of you said something like that in front of an actual Serbian nationalist....

Well, it cannot be that wikipedia lies in every article that was linked. Some errors can always be found but IMO not that much as you said. You should present your links to articles that support your claims.

Also Croats are automatically close to Serbs not vice versa.

Yes, but Croats are not autosomally close to all Serbs but only to those who live in the proximity of Croatia. So in no way Croats are "former Serbs" because in that case they would be autosomally similar to all Serbs.

However, Croats are autosomally close to their western and northern neighbours, so it seems that they are, what they claim to be. since 9th century.

It's Croats with Serb ancestors not Serbs with Croat ancestors same as Bosnians and which ever else.

I've already explained to you why that is not possible. Will you now stop posting nonsense?

Do you mean the speakers of Štokavian-Jekavian dialect who lived around Dubrovnik Republic?

I’ve told you already. In their dialect (Easter Herzegovinian, Štokavian-Jekavian), the meaning of the term “Serb” was not an ethnicity but a faith. That is a hard fact. It is not surprise that the first Serbian vernacular appeared in 1818 for the first time in history.

No, we're talking about the ancestors of the Serbs in late antiquity. What language would the Slavic tribe who called themselves 'Serbs' have spoken, and why do they speak the same language as the Croats today?

Turks had many Serbian slaves and others by them what's your point here. Despite the fact that some converted most of the resistance was from Greece Russia Serbia etc.

Some Catholics resisted yes
harem was full of serbs!

No, we're talking about the ancestors of the Serbs in late antiquity. What language would the Slavic tribe who called themselves 'Serbs' have spoken
The Slavic tribe would have spoken the same language as all Slavs at that time. Some isoglosses somewhere survived, some not. Church influence, different substrate, geography... IMO all that helped the separation of the languages.
and why do they speak the same language as the Croats today?
In short, because Hapsburgs wanted that to happen. They had enough money and power to force Serbian Church elite in Vojvodina to break up with its centuries long tradition and accept a new language. However, it is not quite correct that Serbs did not have vernacular before 1818. They did, but it was a different language – however, based on Church Slavonic. If Hapsburgs hadn't done anything about it, we would need Croatian-Serbian translator today. (We need it today also, in some matters).

Last edited:
Well I havent noticed that. I see Albanians as a pretty much compact population.

Well, it cannot be that wikipedia lies in every article that was linked. Some errors can always be found but IMO not that much as you said. You should present your links to articles that support your claims.

Yes, but Croats are not autosomally close to all Serbs but only to those who live in the proximity of Croatia. So in no way Croats are "former Serbs" because in that case they would be autosomally similar to all Serbs.

However, Croats are autosomally close to their western and northern neighbours, so it seems that they are, what they claim to be. since 9th century.

I've already explained to you why that is not possible. Will you now stop posting nonsense?
Serbs with Croatian ancestors don't exist there were Catholics in Serbia Croatians with Serbian ancestors exist they tell me they exist. I will give you the guys profile in private he exists

Google yourself vessels of Ottoman rule during the Serbian uprising I will bet you they were Croatian and Bosnian wikipedia is usually bias on everything I doubt that is the case it's factual because not all Ottoman officials were ethnic Serbs . Serbian slaves of Ottomans attacking Serbia makes no sense. Or does a attack on Serbia does not count?

That's it I am done with this thread I won't comment further ok

This thread has been viewed 252253 times.

Back