Are South Slavs more Balkan Native than Slavic?

Then take genetics in hands and start to prove your own claims with that genetic.

Prove what? Read the article, there's never been evidence for the Illyrian-Albanian connection. It was a political myth perpetuated by the government, and shamefully it's still taught in schools apparently.

You are deluded.
Not at all. I have presented the other opinions including the mention of the oldest written Torlakian text which was called "simple Bulgarian" by his author - a Bishop of Serbian Church (!). What more do you expect?

Interesting that I2 is Thracian but R1b is seen as Illyrian? Someone explain the reason why

Illyrian is a language and Albanian doesn't descend from it. Present day Albanians might be genetically Illyrian for all I know.
Albanians are mostly genetically Illyrians, but not strictly Illyrians. Illyrians are an ethnicity that ceased existing probably in 10 century ad. After that illyrian population had genetic infusions from Goths, Bulgar, Slavs, Greeks etc.. If you google Gjenetica Shqiptare, one sees that Tosk population of Albania has 25% of its male population haplogropu I, mostly I1, as result of Goths. The closest people of Albania to Illyrians are Kosovo people and North Albania. South Albanians have had many foreign genetic infusions.

Prove what? Read the article, there's never been evidence for the Illyrian-Albanian connection. It was a political myth perpetuated by the government, and shamefully it's still taught in schools apparently.
There has, while there has not been evidence for the contrary. These Austrians, from which many Serbs live in Austria proved nothing as there is not much information on the Illyrian language. Any scholar can try hard to disprove the origin of a language out of another due to the sparsity of information from its ancestral language.

In the other hand the cognates that we know already show strong similarities with Albanian. I already posted them, you must disprove the fact that they have not emerged out of one-another.

Illyrians aren't anything to do with Greeks they're Romance Slavic mixed

Illyrian is a language and Albanian doesn't descend from it. Present day Albanians might be genetically Illyrian for all I know.

What do you mean prove it then?

If today's Albanian language is not Illyrian then Albanian language came from somewhere else, but people are still in the same place.

Croatian Wiki
no single written document has been preserved in the Illyrian language

If there is no record of that language then how we know that Albanian has no connection with Illyrian, Illyrian is maybe Croatian language?

Not at all. I have presented the other opinions including the mention of the oldest written Torlakian text which was called "simple Bulgarian" by his author - a Bishop of Serbian Church (!). What more do you expect?

Acclaimed dialectologist vs. the 17th century priest.

Please answer what I said about haplogroups

What do you mean prove it then?

If today's Albanian language is not Illyrian then Albanian language came from somewhere else, but people are still in the same place.

Croatian Wiki

If there is no record of that language then how we know that Albanian has no connection with Illyrian, Illyrian is maybe Croatian language?

Personal names, toponymy etc. .

Again Albanians from Kosovo are related to Slavs/Illyrians

Albanians from Italy Arbereshe are related Southern Italians Abruzzo Calabria Sicily etc they are Southern European

Albanians in Greece are related to Macedonians and people from Epirus

Conclusion yes some Albanians can be related to Illyrians but not all Albanians since not all Albanians live in Kosovo or Illyriana for that matter

Why are these threads always turned into what the genotype is of Albanians?

Again Albanians from Kosovo are related to Slavs/Illyrians

Albanians from Italy Arbereshe are related Southern Italians Abruzzo Calabria Sicily etc they are Southern European

Albanians in Greece are related to Macedonians and people from Epirus

Conclusion yes some Albanians can be related to Illyrians but not all Albanians since not all Albanians live in Kosovo or Illyriana for that matter
Kosovo Albanians have no Slavic DNA. You can find more North-Eastern shifted Albanians among Tosks.
Kosovar Albanians and other Ghegs shift North-West.

Why are these threads always turned into what the genotype is of Albanians?

Perhaps it was your unfounded and frankly quite stupid claims about a connection of Illyrians and Slavs that provoked this.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Fatherland Like the typical Serb you ignore the DNA proofs posted in the thread.
Albanian also shows similarity to Messapic language, which is theorized as Illyrian-descended.

According to who? You and Deretic?

I have never been to Serbia and I have no Serbian ancestors.

Read: http://www.balkaninsight.com/en/arti...ost-for-words/

Messapian (/mɛˈsæpiən, mə-, -ˈseɪ-/; also known as Messapic) is an extinct Indo-European language of southeastern Italy,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messapian_language

Language has not brought wind to Illyria but people, you have genetics and prove that migration from southeastern Italy, maybe you are on the road to a new discovery!

Perhaps it was your unfounded and frankly quite stupid claims about a connection of Illyrians and Slavs that provoked this.
If you attack and insult me personally I will report you.

They are Romance Slavic mixed I have said that in past posts how about actually get back on topic and answering to the point of this thread? Are South Slavs actually Slavic or just pre historic Balkans

the map is an indication of what it was when Pliny was alive, it does not reflect the full lands of the illyrians as per their link/mix with celts in austria and slovenia as per halstatt culture..
proper illyrians are basically what was described by byzantine and venetian scholars in later articles as the rugusans ,( republic of ragusa ) or South Dalmatian illyrians....who , if this map is correct, must have lost coastal south Montenegro by 1000AD.............venetian archives state Montenegro was inhabited by, northern coast where dalmatians, south coast where albanians and the inland was only croats and serbs, bosnians never entered Montenegro.
Bosnians came from one small illyrian tribe called the Poseni , which over time the P became a B
Man wtf did I just read?

This thread has been viewed 254504 times.

Back